MO Counter - Research and Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #762

Rathius

Has the latin-like text been translated yet?
Uuuhm, erm... There's been various translations, but nothing 'exact or definite' I guess. Considering it's a mix of languages.

I've been reading through this thread, and while I respect your observational skills and tenacity, this isn't the Da Vinci Code. Maybe a lot of what you're seeing is just concept art.
Maybe, but this dev team seems very interested in subtle story telling and reveals by players rather than laying things out.

Thread starter #765

Rathius

Maybe, but this dev team seems very interested in subtle story telling and reveals by players rather than laying things out.
Yea, I love how people just completely ignore the posts from devs that confirm they put hidden things in there for this very purpose.
Sad to see the thread die...
Nothing new happening?
Nothing really. Anything new that would happen or come from beta can't be talked about currently. But the only new portion would be the Nordveld lore talking about a part of the continents splitting land masses into what we know them today. Which would follow the same theories as our own planet with the whole Super Continent idea where all of our landmasses were once connected. But the conflux occurs after this, so one thing that it makes me return to is a large asteroid or some sort of celestial body/entity crashing into the planet.

I'd love to expand on it... but I really can't due to the NDA. once that's lifted though I'll try to come back here and fill in why I think it fits thus far.

I'd love to expand on it... but I really can't due to the NDA. once that's lifted though I'll try to come back here and fill in why I think it fits thus far.
Cheers to the soon-to-come lifting of the NDA then! ;)

Well since the NDA has now officially been lifted Could you please share you knowlegde? ;)

Mas

More info please!!!!

Thread starter #769

Rathius

Alright, now to see if I can remember what was going through my head at the time...

I can't piece it together as wonderfully as I could have that day.. should have wote it out then. :/ But basically the idea that we have all of these truths of our world that are used to flesh out the lore of MO.

That said and refreshed, we also go back to the counter images, and the asteroid or flying object in the animation. In a part of the world, around Gaul'kor, there are two large craters that suggest that something did indeed crash into the planet. Much like our own planet and its craters. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/...r-aegis-imperium-research-findings-crater.jpg

I know it's not super spectacular, but it gives more credit to the theory of those objects actually impacting the planet, or atleast some of their debris.
----

I also have a wildly fetched idea that the asteroids could actually be life, possibly dragons. Its based on both the counter, and the background image on MO's Twitter page. http://a1.twimg.com/profile_background_images/27499174/MortalSky2.jpg

If you look at it and enhance it a bit, just to the right of the gallows you can see what looks like two dragon heads. On at the top of the gallows and one that looks like it crashes into the ground. These figures are pretty large, and could cause a lot of damage, but there's some problems with the idea. One, they are too large, where would the bones be? Two, the lighthouse in the image matches up really well to the lighthouse you can see in the Tindrem WIP image in the screenshots section. But if it is the same area, and what caused the portion of Tindrem to crash into the water, why would it not be mentioned that a "might rock" or whatever fell from the heavens and caused it... instead, that portion just 'sank' into the ocean.

But, I could go on for a while about ideas behind this that match up with lore, location, and images... so I'll just stop it there for now, lol.

Attachments

Thread starter #771

Rathius

Can't see any dragon heads...
Thanks anyway though.
Like I said, far fetched, heh.
This is what I'm talkin about, in the thumbnail.

Attachments

I see nothing there, but i see a dog/dragon/whatever face at the top of the gallows.

Could the music be the song in the Mortal Online teaser video?

Trismagi

was reading through this thread
http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/36104-day-night-cycle-map-orientation.html
and I find it odd that it seems the lore in this game is so centered around astrological events and such. that the devs would intentionally make the sun rise in the west.
I thought maybe it has something to do with the conflux? now I've read a post by matts stating it already happened. But is that according to the lore? I thought I read a post by a dev recently that said something about it happening when the game goes gold? so maybe we start out the actual game right after the conflux, or maybe even several years after but it hasn't happened yet in the testing phases.

now as far as we know the conflux has something to do with a flood. or an astroid. or both?

what about a shift in polarity? causing nave to start spinning the other direction? would cause floods for sure. and explain why durring beta the sun is rising in the west?

Thread starter #776

Rathius

The conflux has indeed already happened, even in the current beta state. The main sign of this is Tindrem, you can see that the part that sank into the ocen has already done this.

Even though the sun is in rising in the west, it is an alien planet and could do that. It could also very well be an oversight by dev that built the system. By my understanding he had to do a lot of learning in order to create the system, and in just two weeks. The Unreal Engine doesn't use a standard coordinate system and thus he may have designed it as he intended not realizing this, which would flip the rising and setting.

The sky itself is even still temporary, as there is also a very desired astro-navigation possibility that the devs want, however the stars are merely a repeated texture right now. So there's still a lot to come before reading game events into it.

There is however still some event to come for release.

if u have really looked at the moon much you can see a really big Crater in it

just going off that i would have to think that the moon losing all that mass would have made the lunar pull on the ocean bulge to lessen causing a influx of water in to low coastal areas, hence

meteor + moon - mass = flooding & smaller rocks raining down on the lands

very interesting theory uthric.

im guna go with this for now..

Even though the sun is in rising in the west, it is an alien planet and could do that. It could also very well be an oversight by dev that built the system. By my understanding he had to do a lot of learning in order to create the system, and in just two weeks. The Unreal Engine doesn't use a standard coordinate system and thus he may have designed it as he intended not realizing this, which would flip the rising and setting.
No, the sun is supposed to rise in the "west".

The sky itself is even still temporary, as there is also a very desired astro-navigation possibility that the devs want, however the stars are merely a repeated texture right now. So there's still a lot to come before reading game events into it.
Yes, please have patience. The night sky is temporary, there are no planets, and the moon/s are not yet in motion. Do not incorporate this placeholder system into your theories yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.