MO Counter - Research and Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sindas

Your necro skills are amazing.

Everything we do about this game and in this game is for nothing. None of it has any effect on stuff that matters (real life). None of it truly matters. It's for fun. That's why most people play games. Crazy idea, amirite?

Mas

Craaaazzzzzzzzy!

Thread starter #785

Rathius

lmao and in the end this was all for nothing
Yea, cuz you have your opinion based on so much right here that you share with everyone... Not that it matters though, with a response like that I'm sure its based on worthless dribble and incoherent ranting.

Kel

AI will soon need to make a NAP with AI at this rate..

Yea, cuz you have your opinion based on so much right here that you share with everyone... Not that it matters though, with a response like that I'm sure its based on worthless dribble and incoherent ranting.
wow calm down bro

Must not lose epic thread of epicness to the archives. ARISE!

Mas

waiting and watching.

Shinzon

Honored Member
If only there was more content in terms of some actual lore; instead of the focus on endless PvP and what not. Believe it or not, some community oriented features like lore also bring up a game.

Corwen

If only there was more content in terms of some actual lore; instead of the focus on endless PvP and what not. Believe it or not, some community oriented features like lore also bring up a game.
Mhm

Definitely. However, "unfortunately" the game itself currently has the highest priority.

Thread starter #796

Rathius

Definitely. However, "unfortunately" the game itself currently has the highest priority.
No offense meant here Mats... but isn't that a large part of the game. I'm sure it's also bugging you something horrible right now that you have all these ideas and plans that keep getting moved aside for all the pvp stuff.

I realize it would be rather pointless to put in the lore stuff, especially the stuff people fight over, if the combat system is unbalanced/broken/unreliable. But a little could do a lot right now in terms of in-game lore references and accessibility. I've said it in numerous places, but most of the stuff in game, other than the huge and obvious landmarks (even then though) have no context to anyone. What's this tower, who owned it, what was it for? What about these interesting stone rings, or the statues that I'm sure have a story behind them. Basically, some readable books or plaques in places could help get people more into the world. And I don't believe would be all too time consuming to implement.

It really, to a lot people, is becoming a drag because it feels just like a large pvp sandbox. Anything and everything in game right now is pvp-centric. Craft, it's for pvp gear. Build a house, it's for crafting tables, and pvp gear. Explore, well there is very little context, so it's generally to find safe places to avoid pvp, to find pvp, or a place to build a house/keep.

This lore is a large hook for a lot of people. Without it, they're just playing another FPS style game and that can only last for so long before it gets boring. Especially when it's still being worked on.

Not to mention the older plans mentioned of more recreational activities and RP type elements that were talked about. Without it, those people filter out and all you're left with is a PVP community that doesn't really care about the other things you want to develop.

+1 Rathius.
I don t give a damn about 1v1 pvp, and fragfest in general ( i have DFO for that ) . As i am sure i am not alone : i need a reason to fight other than the equipment. I think a large part of the players base is waiting for a good and epic PVE content ( that coudl bring reasons to fight in PVP... )

No offense meant here Mats... but isn't that a large part of the game. I'm sure it's also bugging you something horrible right now that you have all these ideas and plans that keep getting moved aside for all the pvp stuff.
Functionality over Content ATM....as it should be.

I expect to see alot more in terms of Content (Areas, dungeons, unique mobs, skills and lore to mention a few) but they need to get the core game/gameplay up to a 'Playable' level before focus should move on to other areas.

Thread starter #799

Rathius

Functionality over Content ATM....as it should be.

I expect to see alot more in terms of Content (Areas, dungeons, unique mobs, skills and lore to mention a few) but they need to get the core game/gameplay up to a 'Playable' level before focus should move on to other areas.
I am well aware of functionality over content thank you. If you'd care to look again I said something small will go a long ways.

Plus you want to mention 'core' gameplay. Which as it is consists of pvp and a bit of pve in order to pvp. That's not the core of the game, maybe for an FPS, but not a Sandbox MMO.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
This lore is a large hook for a lot of people. Without it, they're just playing another FPS style game and that can only last for so long before it gets boring. Especially when it's still being worked on.

Not to mention the older plans mentioned of more recreational activities and RP type elements that were talked about. Without it, those people filter out and all you're left with is a PVP community that doesn't really care about the other things you want to develop.
What Rathius said.

I need (as in desire) something for my tribe to fight for, and what's possible now at best isn't good enough. Really. The first game that can truly give us (not just promise or potentially have) more than that is going to have my voice going day and night saying "Why don't we go do this?" It's inevitable. Mortal Online should not settle for being the lesser evil (where evil is boredom and virtual ennui).

Status
Not open for further replies.