MO Counter - Research and Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinzon I both love and hate you right now.... im actually quite speechless and in shock I never thought the devs would give us something this epic. :)

Khaiyne

For those interested in a Latin like hypothesis I’ll try and help with some words. Latin is a good language to use because so many languages are derived from it. This means that even if the words don’t literally translate, you’ll have a good chance of learning the possible context of the words.
I’m using a Latin dictionary and a Teach Yourself Latin book as my references.

Inferno: This word does not exist in Latin. It is close to Infernus which can mean beneath, of the lower world, infernal or the shades. I’d suggest that like VinnieSP observed in Portuguese it means something akin to hell.
Iube/inbe: There are no closely related Latin words. In fact I believe there is a single Latin word starting “inb”. U does not exist in the Latin alphabet but is used to represent V as a vowel. The words closet to lube mean things like pleasure and libido. There is also a word iubeo which means to order, as in give a command, apparently.
ego venio :Ego is “I” Venio means to come but that appears to changes based on the suffix. For example it looks like venio ire would mean to fall into. Some other variations are incure, go as far as, make friend with, entertain hopes
Mea: No word
Vacua: No word but variations mean things like empty and to be free of
Svat: No word. Nothing close.

For those interested in a Latin like hypothesis I’ll try and help with some words.
We don't use real Latin in MO for two reasons:
1. It's fits the MO world better to have our own languages, in the case of the Tindremic Empire inspired by the Latin language. It's more fun and can actually make more sense, especially when it comes to declension and conjugation.
2. It's way too difficult to write correct Latin.

So, for Tindrem I use pseudo-latin, mixed with flavors from Italian, Greek and English.

This of course (Latin language) doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Counter. I'm merely sharing my humble knowledge regarding the Latin language itself:

Iube/inbe: There are no closely related Latin words. In fact I believe there is a single Latin word starting “inbâ€. U does not exist in the Latin alphabet but is used to represent V as a vowel. The words closet to lube mean things like pleasure and libido. There is also a word iubeo which means to order, as in give a command, apparently.
huc vina et unguenta et nimium brevis
flores amoenae ferre iube rosae,
dum res et aetas et sororum
fila trium patiuntur atra.
Mea: No word
Mea culpa
Vacua: No word but variations mean things like empty and to be free of
ille autem prope iam mediis versatur in undis,
nec quisquam adparet vacua mortalis in alga.
Svat: No word. Nothing close.
Hei, metuo lenonem ne quid - suo suat capiti.

Well after all of this hard work; we finaly fully cracked the clock; Unomat's work was valuable, but in the end it was hidden in the code that is running the script, AI Members managed to edit the script that's running that clock, and forcefully kick it down to 00:00:00, the results are quite shocking. It is indeed a video; but I wouldn't call it a trailer though...

Withour further Adue, the secret of the MO counter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzoNlze7Plw&fmt=18
Pure genius! :D

I'd rep you but I need to share the love around first.

Khaiyne

I tried at these for a long time but just couldn't work it out. He's given us a gold mine though with the words and phrases!
I'm going to have a shot anyway but remember English is my only language and I want to learn Latin but haven't. :D

huc vina et unguenta et nimium brevis
flores amoenae ferre iube rosae,
dum res et aetas et sororum
fila trium patiuntur atra.
This one really stumpted me, other than telling you that "Et" is "And". The third and fourth lines seem to be saying something about until a benevolent age and darkness or darkness succeeding? The first two lines have something to do with nice flowers? lol

Mea culpa
My fault. Meapte is My Own so presumebly Mea is just My.

ille autem prope iam mediis versatur in undis,
nec quisquam adparet vacua mortalis in alga.
I think vacua is something to do with being empty or missing. I think this line is something about being mortal or not being mortal.

Hei, metuo lenonem ne quid - suo suat capiti.
No idea, something about being afraid to go between capitals or being afraid to take something?

Hmm...
I have no time for deeper research but what I could find out was that the "note" like script could actually be somekind of ancient alphabet...for example check out this one.
Or maybe its encripted message which in order to decrypt it we should use the other latin-like script?

About the latin like script...to me the form of the letters look more like some kind of arabic script. Like this one.

Finally here is the page with m ore info.

Khaiyne

I forgot to add that they've updated up to counter66!

Yup, more stuff is rolling in, I guess I'll need to write a whole MATLAB toolbox tonight to deal with it ^^

And Khaiyne, Mats was mostly showing off his proficiency with Latin, providing counter-examples for words you weren't able to find through the dictionary. Latin is quite a tough language for a native English speaker, in general those speaking a Roman language can more easily understand its concepts ;)

Mats' examples don't have a lot to do with the text at hand; he more or less does state the text is pseudo-latin and therefore quite hard to decypher (lacking an extensive sample). At least we now know what languages to bring into the equation, if English, Greek and Italian are the only ones to have been used to 'augment' Latin.
Indeed. It's quite easy for me to understand the gist of it...even though I haven't studied that much :]

[I'm romanian]

Necromantic

I seriously doubt that the developers would hype up closed beta so much. They're good at dealing with the community, and have a history of generally not doing things to dissapoint us. So why would they hype up a closed beta, only to dissapoint a good majority of the community that didn't get in?

I mean, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities, but I really doubt it would be that due to past experiences with the developers.
you're right! I keep forgetting this isn't aventurine, who go out of their way to piss off the player base

Khaiyne

And Khaiyne, Mats was mostly showing off his proficiency with Latin, providing counter-examples for words you weren't able to find through the dictionary. Latin is quite a tough language for a native English speaker, in general those speaking a Roman language can more easily understand its concepts ;)
I gathered that but I was having a bit of fun :D

So we have a 3rd layer?

Thread starter #118

Rathius

Yea, the one from the upper left looks like it might be more music. But seems it has more structure. It's only in briefly, so it's hard to say with what we have.

Well after all of this hard work; we finaly fully cracked the clock; Unomat's work was valuable, but in the end it was hidden in the code that is running the script, AI Members managed to edit the script that's running that clock, and forcefully kick it down to 00:00:00, the results are quite shocking. It is indeed a video; but I wouldn't call it a trailer though...

Withour further Adue, the secret of the MO counter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzoNlze7Plw&fmt=18

You Sir, one upped me.

Congrats!

Yup, more stuff is rolling in, I guess I'll need to write a whole MATLAB toolbox tonight to deal with it ^^

Man I hope you like MATLAB. I absolutely HATED matlab in school. But then, I didn't really know much about it, I just used it for Controls theory and graphing transfer functions and we used it in our power class.
One section of my job also uses it for image analysis of rocket plumes.

But you can have it, I don't care much for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.