MO2 feedback about axes.

Thread starter #1
Look at that video. Every god damn hit in the video is a handle hit! A few of them might be handle hits... But every hit?

Nostrus

Focus Group
yeah I have been trying to use axes as well, rough go with the handle hits, either need the head bigger or the animation adjusted.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
It LOOKS right to me except the last hit. Looks as if you release the swing to late and gets to close.

But I heard Henrik state its very tricky atm due to the small head and that they might have to adjust somehow.
Now to note I have not used axes myself but I might need to test it.

But yes rough having so much handle hits, although I notice during duels handle hits come often even with 2h swords. But I also got hit by some truck dmg from axes but those with bigger heads, one almost 100 dmg came through after stats got patched to bring all to max.

Thread starter #4
It LOOKS right to me...
I disagree with it. I took some screenshots of the frames of the hit impact and draw some red lines where the head starts. Together with some reference immage to show how big the head is...
The first 2 on the left are overhead strikes. The axe head is right inside the head... You can't see the head when doing an overhead strike, but you can use that metal nails on the handle for reference how big the head is.
And on the right side there is a right swing. It says Torso Handle. In my opinion is was eighter a equipment hit on the sword, a gace on the arm, or a miss, but clearly no handle hit on the torso.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I disagree with it. I took some screenshots of the frames of the hit impact and draw some red lines where the head starts. Together with some reference immage to show how big the head is...
The first 2 on the left are overhead strikes. The axe head is right inside the head... You can't see the head when doing an overhead strike, but you can use that metal nails on the handle for reference how big the head is.
And on the right side there is a right swing. It says Torso Handle. In my opinion is was eighter a equipment hit on the sword, a gace on the arm, or a miss, but clearly no handle hit on the torso.
I agree with you that the head should have hit based on these pics even though your red line looks wrong on image 1 and 4 as seen on image 2 the head goes down to the 2nd nail while you draw the red line slightly lower.

Now what might be the error is that the handle goes above the lower point of the head so either the head hitbox is higher and handle follows the handle or the animations is wonky. Or the fact that he was closer on his screen and thats where the issue lies on your position vs his position on your respective screens.

But the actual animation in the video LOOKS correct as it looks like your too close on impact.
As said its same with swords where it seems on my screen it handle hits more than it should, might be it just needs optimization and smoothing or that positions isnt updated on time so to speak.

Darran

While part of the handle is hitting on some of these hits, the head does go in first meaning it should do full dmg.. that's how axes work lol