(MO2)Suggestions for town control to make everyone's lives better.

Thread starter #1
From the items listed in that town give half of the tax to the guild owning the town.

Add a citizenship system where you can choose to become a citizen of a town and, so long as you are blue, you can't be killed by controlling guild within a direct area around it without some sort of penalty, maybe a decent amount of prominence loss or something, something enough to make the owning guild not want to murder the people who are citizens.

If a tower owning a town is destroyed the guild will still hold the town for a day but with no tax proceeds (to prevent guilds from just dropping the tower to murder their people then build it back up). Make it to where you're able to swap citizenship once every 2 weeks to a month by going to the town you want to swap to, you can choose to drop citizenship completely but it will take x number of days (short time) for it to drop you as being a citizen there, just to prevent any sort of griefing that I can't think of right now. Instant drops usually aren't good.

Another plus side for the guild owning the town is that if someone goes grey by hitting one of the controlling guilds members they should stay grey for a few minutes longer and possibly a higher tax increase on them if they kill 5 members of the guild, increasing by like 2% each 5 or something, with the ability to pay to get the tax increase down with all gold going to owning guild.

The ability to teleport to your towns priest as a ghost (if the map is really that big compared to MO1).

This is all I can really think of for right now but as example of what I meant by area directly around the town look at my beautiful sketch of Fabernum.

Feel free to give your input and if enough agree with it then I'll edit original post to add it, or edit it to remove something if enough people disagree with it. The thoughts of vet players will mean more than newer voters, not their ideas just their endorsement of an idea.

Attachments

Last edited:
i love the citizen ship idea. it brings new dinamics. maybe you dont wanna join a guild but at least u wanna feel protected by one? become a citizen of its controlled city! the prom loss would stop the owning guild from grieffing its citizens. because citizens are affiliated to the guild its easy to form a militia for the city. maybe the citizen's name ar tagged a certain colour to show their from the same city. so ppl will be less inclined to attack each other too? since they know they can relly on each other. "dont shit where you eat" and "dont stab the hand that feeds"

also having big guild watching over city it creat a nice trading situation between the town militia and owner guilds. keep ur millitia weel equiped and they can protect ur assets better too.

Thread starter #3
i love the citizen ship idea. it brings new dinamics. maybe you dont wanna join a guild but at least u wanna feel protected by one? become a citizen of its controlled city! the prom loss would stop the owning guild from grieffing its citizens. because citizens are affiliated to the guild its easy to form a militia for the city. maybe the citizen's name ar tagged a certain colour to show their from the same city. so ppl will be less inclined to attack each other too? since they know they can relly on each other. "dont shit where you eat" and "dont stab the hand that feeds"

also having big guild watching over city it creat a nice trading situation between the town militia and owner guilds. keep ur millitia weel equiped and they can protect ur assets better too.
The colored flag for citizens probably wouldn't be as good as just having an acronym for each town next to their name in parenthesis. That way theres no confusion with their standard criminal coloring.

MolagAmur

I like to idea of citizenship a lot.

i love the citizen ship idea. it brings new dynamics. maybe you dont wanna join a guild but at least u wanna feel protected by one? become a citizen of its controlled city! the prom loss would stop the owning guild from grieffing its citizens. be "dont shit where you eat" and "dont stab the hand that feeds"
This exactly.

But lets not forget the flagging system has changed.

Thread starter #5

This exactly.

Yeah, hopefully it's changed for the better and they could form the citizenship idea around it. I think it's a great thing to put in, actually forming small communities and feeling a part of it.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
This could go hand in hand with the local flagging system of of a town.

But SV DONT let fellow citizens hit fellow citizens like guild members, that as we all know will be abused. There should also be higher penalties for breaking the law in your local town if you are a citizen or doing actions against owning guild.

Sometimes it will happen that a player is a well respected citizen of a town with lots of say reputation built up with a town only for a guild he hates taking control of his town, if he then aggress against said guild based on his reputation he should receive a higher penalty than say a new citizen will or a non citizen.
Basically the higher the rep the higher the penalty.

This exactly.

SV hasnt said much about the flagging changes yet but I hope they make it more regional. For example all khurite towns should have a separate murder count system from tindremic towns. Would encourage ppl to not kill ppl in the area where they live but if they want, go pvp vs another "faction".

The rest of the world should be lawless aka perma grey imo, and maybe even let guilds with keeps dictate the flagging rules in their territory, but thats another topic.

MolagAmur

SV hasnt said much about the flagging changes yet but I hope they make it more regional. For example all khurite towns should have a separate murder count system from tindremic towns. Would encourage ppl to not kill ppl in the area where they live but if they want, go pvp vs another "faction".

The rest of the world should be lawless aka perma grey imo, and maybe even let guilds with keeps dictate the flagging rules in their territory, but thats another topic.
Q: How is the flagging system going to work?
A: We will rebuild the flagging system to better fit Mortal Online 2. We are trying to follow logic better than in the first game now when we have the opportunity to support that tech wise. This means there wont be a murder status or innocent status. Everyone will remain innocent till certain actions are taken. If you murder someone in the wild without witness none will know you have been killed until you reach a city in which a priest who can bring you back to life and they will know what happend. You can then decide if you want to report this player as a murderer and that npc will report it to the local law. If you are banned from areas covered by these laws you will be attacked on sight when entering this area. You can try to repent and or bribe your way back to a good state again – if you haven’t gone too far that is. Power, knowledge and control may help players in game just as in real life.

Yeah that there is all we know really. There was a heavy discussion thread about guild territory flagging awhile back that was never added to MO1, so I assume the feedback they got there will help. And yeah I 100% agree it would make the most sense for guilds to dictate their own flagging rules in territory they own.

To go kinda off-topic for a second, my friend and I were talking about reputation between factions, similar to what you were saying. We thought it would be a cool idea for guilds to have their own reputation in the world, and that reputation would be created by all the guild members individual reputations. So for example, if you were a guild living in a Khurite area, and added a member that had really bad reputation with all the khurite villages (because he is murdering the locals or caught thieving in the towns or whatever), it would mess up your guild standing with those towns and maybe cause the NPCs to react in some way. Basically this would kinda create a faction system without a forced faction system. And this is of course just a rough draft idea...but with their talks of how the flagging system is going to be and hopefully be regional....then some sort of system like that could happen. Its basically what MO1 always needed.... a way to deter everyone from going red and murdering people wherever they go because they didn't have a "homeland" and it didn't matter.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

But SV DONT let fellow citizens hit fellow citizens like guild members, that as we all know will be abused.
Well if you go by my idea above, hitting other citizens would lower your reputation to the point where the guards would begin to KOS and you're basically kicked out of the town (red in that town). There would also need to be ways to up reputation in a town, but I don't have that idea yet.

Asking SV to not let them hit each other is kinda carebear and takes away from what the game is. I wasn't even too keen on the "anti-blue block" function they added. It made sense though and there wasn't really an alternative so it's fine.

Last edited:
Thread starter #10
To go kinda off-topic for a second, my friend and I were talking about reputation between factions, similar to what you were saying. We thought it would be a cool idea for guilds to have their own reputation in the world, and that reputation would be created by all the guild members individual reputations. So for example, if you were a guild living in a Khurite area, and added a member that had really bad reputation with all the khurite villages (because he is murdering the locals or caught thieving in the towns or whatever), it would mess up your standing with those towns and maybe cause the NPCs to react in some way. Basically this would kinda create a faction system without a forced faction system. And this is of course just a rough draft idea...but with their talks of how the flagging system is going to be and hopefully be regional....then some sort of system like that could happen. Its basically what MO1 always needed.... a way to deter everyone from going red and murdering people wherever they go because they didn't have a "homeland" and it didn't matter.

Aight bet,

Regional murdercounts would be great, you basically choose khurite or tindremene or alvarin and you won't want to fuck yourself over in your own 'factions' territory. It's a way to add factions to basically pledge to without needing to put in some useless shoehorned faction system. Citizenship still needs to be a thing tho.

MolagAmur

Aight bet,

Regional murdercounts would be great, you basically choose khurite or tindremene or alvarin and you won't want to fuck yourself over in your own 'factions' territory. It's a way to add factions to basically pledge to without needing to put in some useless shoehorned faction system. Citizenship still needs to be a thing tho.
Agreed. And you can of course be any race living in any territory to prevent lame restrictions on what builds you could do or how you wanna look. Its just you kinda pledge yourself to your homeland.

Diversity is our greatest strength after all amirite?

Thread starter #12
Agreed. And you can of course be any race living in any territory to prevent lame restrictions on what builds you could do or how you wanna look. Its just you kinda pledge yourself to your homeland.

Diversity is our greatest strength after all amirite?
My homeland truly agrees with diversity, all countries are better when we're a nice melting pot of cultures to just blend together.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Well if you go by my idea above, hitting other citizens would lower your reputation to the point where the guards would begin to KOS and you're basically kicked out of the town (red in that town). There would also need to be ways to up reputation in a town, but I don't have that idea yet.

Asking SV to not let them hit each other is kinda carebear and takes away from what the game is. I wasn't even too keen on the "anti-blue block" function they added. It made sense though and there wasn't really an alternative so it's fine.
Well one way is to fight criminals in said city, trade could be another, taking on tasks from the city(I know most hate quests but imo its needed in some form), staying lawful for a day could yield a small amount, etc etc

Menial tasks with small rewards or perhaps a NPC you can donate gold, resources and gear to strengthen your city in exchange for reputation.
Reporting for militia and go on patrols ?
Fighting wars waged against your city ?
Serve in the town guard ?
Craft for the town guard and militia ?
Rewards could also be some gold and some rep.

Thread starter #14
There's so much they can do with the much larger map and more regional focused things. Be good to your people and rally them to go siege others.

Necromantic

Global actions, local reactions.

From the books of history:
We need a system where actions are considered and not static numbers.

So you kill someone, this might be globally recognized but the reaction to it may differ from region to region.
You might kill a blue and maybe you are wanted in some regions but not in others. You might even be hunted down for killing reds if you go to an area were these reds are seen as allies.
Your actions should be remembered and accounted for but the accounting should be done by local (meaning where you are at the time of accounting not at the time of killing) rules - which unless overridden by local TC rules should default back to global rules close to what we currently have.
It doesn't matter who enforces what there are basic rules to life.

I'm all for freedom of choice over your own laws but that does not mean that your laws can override mine. If I choose to punish the murder of someone and you do choose to let people do it, on my land those murders - even if committed on your land - should still be punishable.
Else it's not freedom to decide the law of your land, it's just freedom to choose areas to go scot-free and cut into other peoples laws. Your laws can overwrite local punishment, they should not overwrite global consideration.
As I said, what I want is for actions to be considered (more or less) globally and handled locally. Doesn't even have to be automatically global, maybe some report requirements or whatever.

I just don't want areas where people can do whatever the fuck they want and get a global pardon just because local authorities say so.
If areas decide their own laws they should all be able to decide their reactions to actions committed wherever they want and not have theirs overwritten because some other area said so.
You could even outlaw and turn whole guilds "red" or at least "grey" (not necessarily with the same flagging, just an example) in your area even if they did nothing wrong for the simple action of being in that guild, because you decide the local laws no matter how they are handled somewhere else.