More Communication Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
@Henrik Nystrom @Sebastian Persson @Herius

I would really like to see more regular updates and news from SV regarding their development efforts, it has been about 3 weeks since the latest patch and 2 weeks since the announcement of MO2.

The silence is deafening, as paying players I think it is a little disappointing that we do not hear from the devs for weeks at a time. Regular communication helps keep us in the loop, we get a glimpse of what you guys are currently working on and builds a bit of hype around it instead of us being kept in the dark until the next patch hits.

A great game can’t just stand on its own without a regular stream of news and updates coming in. For instance, what is going on with the newbie island? How far is the development of MO2? What is the next patch going to be about?

I love the game you guys at SV have created. I just feel that a lot more good can be done by having a regular newsfeed so your fans can be kept informed, I think many of us would like that.

This is not the only threadd about this issue. Maybe SV need to hire a PR person, someone who is familiar with the community and has some experience of showing off the game.

Maybe a bit of programming knowledge too since they need more if that.

But who could that be? Maybe SV should check their email for application.

hint hint, nudge nudge

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Agree. Big problem since the announcement of MO2 is the missing time schedule. First players are already leaving the game to wait for MO2 even nobody knows if it comes this year, next year or in five years. Also nobody knows if the noob island will be release before MO2 and what can be planned for MO1. Or is the development more or less dead?

I would really like to see more regular updates and news from SV regarding their development efforts, it has been about 3 weeks since the latest patch and 2 weeks since the announcement of MO2.

The silence is deafening, as paying players I think it is a little disappointing that we do not hear from the devs for weeks at a time. Regular communication helps keep us in the loop, we get a glimpse of what you guys are currently working on and builds a bit of hype around it instead of us being kept in the dark until the next patch hits.

A great game can’t just stand on its own without a regular stream of news and updates coming in. For instance, what is going on with the newbie island? How far is the development of MO2? What is the next patch going to be about?

I love the game you guys at SV have created. I just feel that a lot more good can be done by having a regular newsfeed so your fans can be kept informed, I think many of us would like that.
There is no MO2

They gave you a glimpse of everything they had... Nothing but thoughts on "wouldn't it be cool if..."

At this time SWG2 is just as much a reality as MO2

Maybe in a 2 or 3 years MO will upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4

Last edited:
no time for posting anything on mo forum, busy with kittens

check Henrik Nystrom twitter, 3 updates this month

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
The same grinders who do the work also have to write the Updates & News. (Not sure how many of them there are in addition to poor, overworked :bestdev:-they've-got @Sebastian Persson ). This is why those two things arrive simultaneously, so often.

Hypothesis: News & Updates that don't arrive with the new content they describe are likely to be less truly informative than those that do.

I don't often check Henrik's Twitter, but when I do, I check Seb's Twitter instead*. (Why don't we have a Hey, it's Seb's Twitter! Thread version 2.0?) As interesting as a minute-by-minute scroll of his problems & progress would be, even one summary of the day's activity would be really soothing to the merely anxious (though for his sake, perhaps he should get someone else to read the responses to him in a funny voice, to take the stress out of it).

*The way I handle Twitter is to mute nearly everyone, then check individual accounts when I damned well feel like it.

no time for posting anything on mo forum, busy with kittens

check Henrik Nystrom twitter, 3 updates this month
wow not trolling, actually making kittened updates. really sad.

SV will have to earn their trust from their players. Lost mine years ago.

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard to give little update videos on progress. Shadowplay recording is one button away after all.

Vaith

Does anyone actually read naywalajas posts or does everyone else also just scroll past them?
Too much text to say little

Last edited:
Does anyone actually read naywalajas posts or does everyone else also just scroll past them?
You don't like the way she changes her font and the color of her text on every single post, while also replying to every single comment?

im going to do it just to be special

lol

I thought it was just me that did that

Last edited:
Thread starter #13
I went on Discord yesterday and apparently they (even Henrik) aren’t legally allowed by law to disclose what they’re working on because they’re taking in money. It’s not what I had hoped, but clarity is at the very least a small measure of comfort (for me) knowing that it’s not because they’re deliberately ignoring and keeping us in the dark:

AD676443-B87D-4C8B-BC73-9D0022EF3F99.png

I went on Discord yesterday and apparently they (even Henrik) aren’t legally allowed by law to disclose what they’re working on because they’re taking in money. It’s not what I had hoped, but clarity is at the very least a small measure of comfort (for me) knowing that it’s not because they’re deliberately ignoring and keeping us in the dark:
ok, but what meant henrik when he said that he will give more info in 2 weeks?

Thread starter #15
Hopefully (just my hopes, nothing concrete here) a rough ETA, whether it’s a pure upgrade or an entirely new game, how the reworked skill system will work, whether our stuff will be transferred over and if so how and in what form, etc.

Hopefully (just my hopes, nothing concrete here) a rough ETA, whether it’s a pure upgrade or an entirely new game, how the reworked skill system will work, whether our stuff will be transferred over and if so how and in what form, etc.
even if sv cant discuss details, they can explain it here.

few ppl i know stopped subs just because they dont see any reason to play until ue upgrade.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
ok, but what meant henrik when he said that he will give more info in 2 weeks?
Remind me again where he said "two weeks"?
I went on Discord yesterday and apparently they (even Henrik) aren’t... allowed by law to disclose what they’re working on because they’re taking in money.
Supposing that the period of taking in money has a limit, when does it end, exactly?
Even back on February 12, he (Henrik) said just this much (in Discord):

Henrik-re-SV-MO2-development_2019-02-12_Discord.jpg

figure 1: Henrik says MO1 is still
*the* live, persistent world game
and will be even in the first stages
of MO2 (whenever that may happen).
even if sv cant discuss details, they can explain it here.
Well, no; they (Star Vault) can't explain more than this without details-- which they cannot supply.
few ppl i know stopped subs just because they don't see any reason to play until ue upgrade.
That's their choice.

Let's have another thread on this in thirty days, if there's no update between now and then.

Remind me again where he said "two weeks"?

in discord, just after announce.
well, no; they (Star Vault) can't explain more than this without details-- which they cannot supply.
if you dont know whey SAID that they will give more info. and even something changed and they cant they can tell it to us. - we keep working. we know what to do. we will do patches for mo ue3 or not. etc
that's their choice.
yes, ofc. but we will see less players around

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member

We been flooded with things on our table that taken a lot of focus, hence we haven't posted that much other than the announcements.
The emission I started have taken a lot of time and focus. While I covered this part to fund MO2, Seb helped finalized Kitten'd so we can have a proper release for that game on multiple platforms. We have also got new people to join the team that we are showing and learning how things works at SV so they can start develop as well. It takes time to have proper developer at such complex project as MO2, we have learnt that over the years and we will do do our absolutely best to deliver a as close to perfect sandbox mmo we possible can with our new tech and experience. We are super excited to start share our progress and we will eventually show you some visual updates as well.
Soon the emission is over, which means things will go back to focusing on game development at full again.

We are super excited to start share our progress and we will eventually show you some visual updates as well.
please understand that while visual updates are nice, they're about the least useful thing for an MMO. correct the mistakes that were made in MO1: get a proper game designer. game mechanics and netcode are vastly more important than some fancy pixels.

also there are plenty of professionals in the community. many things can be possible outside of the confines of the game that you wouldnt really have to support but would add features nonetheless. Consider making an official broker API available that can show current listings and the successful sale prices for the previous day or so. the community could band together to make a useful GUI and statistical readout on a public webpage for it, saving you the effort and maintanence for such a project. surely there are other ways the community can assist in this fashion, taking a small amount of code/effort on your side and making a large useful feature out of it that requires extremely little maintenance by SV.

at the minimum, find a game designer, one not afraid to make changes.

-barcode

Status
Not open for further replies.