Mortal Map - Time Lapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Shinzon

Honored Member
I was wondering if there is enough data floating around somewhere so that a time-lapse video of the territory control map can be created? Primary interest is to see how things flux and wane as time goes by, I would suspect that it would make me feel nostalgic.

Would either Mortal Live Map, or the Developers themselves have enough data to create something like this? Or at the very least pass the data along so I could make such a video myself?

Xhodan Xeus

yea we had a vid player activitys and encounters

This video was made under my suggestion, though thinking back I think this information should just have been made public instead of just being made into a teaser.
*gasp* and allow a relatively accurate map be created? blasphemy!

On a semi-related note, i asked seb a while back to provide a limited api so positional information can be sent to mumble for the positional audio support. I think such a thing would help a ton for formation of 'groups'. imagine if/when someone calls out for help in a big fight, you can hear where they're at and can go assist instead of glancing around at name tags.

So far as i know, the plugins that do this only need the current user's position, which would also be useful for creating maps or drawing paths or even broadcasting your position to a live map, but not subverted to give radar since you only have your own position.

-barcode

Thread starter #8

Shinzon

Honored Member
Well... Everything you are talking about is already well within the realm of possibility. From pixel accurate maps, to creating applications that would act as you describe.

yes but not sv sanctioned. at least, not so far as i know.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
Idea is good, however I don't think such video would fully represent the events. Due to the fact of MOs population and politics going into prolonged hibernation periods after pretty quick expansions/wars. So video technically would have multiple several seconds lenght spikes of activity and then a whole lot of nothing happening. Sadly.

slyy

Well I like this idea so I've coded a small script today on Mortal Live Map so that it will save a record of the current territory control each day! Everything before today though is lost unless SV have it stored somewhere.

Once these records get a bit bigger I'll provide a link somewhere for anyone who wants to use it. I could also code a new feature on the map so you can view how territory was in past and replay how it changed :p

Thread starter #13

Shinzon

Honored Member
Well I like this idea so I've coded a small script today on Mortal Live Map so that it will save a record of the current territory control each day! Everything before today though is lost unless SV have it stored somewhere.

Once these records get a bit bigger I'll provide a link somewhere for anyone who wants to use it. I could also code a new feature on the map so you can view how territory was in past and replay how it changed :p
That's absolutely wonderful, thank you for doing this. Now let's see if we can shake up the older data from Starvault.

Idea is good, however I don't think such video would fully represent the events. Due to the fact of MOs population and politics going into prolonged hibernation periods after pretty quick expansions/wars. So video technically would have multiple several seconds lenght spikes of activity and then a whole lot of nothing happening. Sadly.
This is the exact reason to do something like this; because what you are saying at this point might be true; but really it's just conjecture, we don't know for sure. I'm hoping that this is going to reveal all sorts of neat stuff.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
We can just skip the boring parts in the video.
Much love, Slyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.