Mortal Online, 1 pay only, skin system

Will this help the game to get more players?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Gedeon

I know the ideas here, already where on DEVS minds, not really sure why they doing nothing to get more people for the game,
they just letting the game die. There many ways to get more ppl and get profit from it, because the game is AWESOME. Most of the bad reviews on steam
is just because the "lie" about the f2p.

So, this could be one thing they can do, and most games doing it right now:
Example:

1 pay only for the game, like 9$ orr FREE! xD

Skin system.

Im sure if you show the players that they can play the game, with equality, no caps, they will buy the game.

Skin system

Most games like Rust, Apex or Smite and others, use this system, and they have alot of players. They are popular games,MO could be one of these, if there where not monthly paid.

There could be a Skin Vendor at any city, Tindrem, Meduli, Bakti, etc. Every city with his unique skin.

The Glory Points or Mighty Points could be used to make you able to buy these skins

Higher points, will make you able to buy coolest and expensive skins.
These skins will no afect the stats of the character.

How will this work
- Like always, when you kill a Walker General it give you Glory Points, when you reach 200, for example, make you able to buy a common skin for 3$.

- Every boss will have a cap of how many Glory you could get per day, to make people travel to get more Glory from other creatures, this means if you already get 200 from the Walker General today, if you kill again, you will gain no Glory anymore. Now take your horse and your friends and go to other city, or wait the next day to get another 200.

- The Veterans of the game, already have many Glory Points, so they already will have access to buy the skins.

- Same with the Mighty Points, is harder to get, so this will give access to epic skins, of course a little more expensive than other skins.

- Exclusive skins for the people that have alot of gold in the bank of that city, for example, if youyou reach 10000 or 20000 gold on Tindrem bank, make you able to buy crowns or mighty capes, to show everyone you are from a wealthy group xD

- If you had 500 Glory Points, and use 200, will show you on your stats.

Example:

- There will be temporary or unlimited skins, of course unlimited ones will cost more GP and money.

How to pay

- Will be used Paypal or Credit card. Im sure Paypal will be more popular. When you have the Glory Points or Mighty Points, go to a city of your preference and look for the Skin Vendor.
- The vendor will show you all the skins, quantity of Gory or Mighty required and price of it.

Helmet skin, torso skin, etc, new capes, sword skins, shield skins, etc etc.

-----------------------------------------

Imagine, if you see a black horse with a red armor and a guy with fire on his sword, spiked torso and 3 horns on his head, you can tell that guy are glorious and mighty and you should beware from him, same for the ones with a gold cape and crown, thieves will know who to steal or kill xD

This is just an idea, comment what you will like to add or remove.

PD: Bad english i know, save the comments about it xD

Last edited:
Good

I think the best system is what EVE Online has at the moment, allowing free accounts access to all tech 1 ships, some tech 2 ships and 24-hour skill training queue while premium accounts have access to all ships and a much longer training queue.

MO could allow some of the older, basic and some mid-end skills to be available up to 100 to all accounts, while some of the higher-end skills like Advanced Armour Training, Elementalism, Refining, Advanced Ore Extraction and so forth could be premium accounts only.

It allows free accounts to really experience some character builds to the max, and give those players a desire to sub up so they can enjoy all the other skills.

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
I think the best system is what EVE Online has at the moment, allowing free accounts access to all tech 1 ships, some tech 2 ships and 24-hour skill training queue while premium accounts have access to all ships and a much longer training queue.

MO could allow some of the older, basic and some mid-end skills to be available up to 100 to all accounts, while some of the higher-end skills like Advanced Armour Training, Elementalism, Refining, Advanced Ore Extraction and so forth could be premium accounts only.

It allows free accounts to really experience some character builds to the max, and give those players a desire to sub up so they can enjoy all the other skills.
Exactly. EVE's method is the only real comparible situation. It's the only game that offers a virtual world, that specifically relies on large amounts of other players and has full-loot and open world PVP. I brought this up in another thread and got shot down because apparently the two games have nothing in common... :rolleyes:

For those unaware EVE also has a skin shop on top of its subscription fees selling purely cosmetic skins. No idea on the income generated but they're actually quite cool and the next logical stage would be to sell custom made skins for players to use on their ships... but that's another story.

I've been thinking the exact same thing, I think it's a really nice idea

Wouldn't work. Perhaps for Mo2, but a a business model is not only doesn't work for mortals volume of players (even if it triggers a 10X surge in players) and it doesn't suit its play style.

From 2-3 subs per player to a 9$ one time payment? Each player would have to buy like 12 of those 3$ skins evey month for SV to break even, not even concidering The cost of constantly designing new skins.

Idd need a lot of info on player account statistics before I could even give a decent guess at how a skin system could replace subs. My gut feeling says impossibru.

fuck me i have enough points to buy me the equvilant of a lamborghini in your calculation.

bad idea man, mortal is a niche game, no bullshit shit developted crap like 99% of steam early access fuck titles.

DOnt get me wrong i like rust, but you can see it yourself they will stop development like the forest because its no supcription model. if you look in the fucking past, every no subscription game die in 5 - 15 years, because of money lack and devs wanna try new shti and stuff.

I hate this whole early access fuckshit bullshit. i Still dont get it why they dotn amke subscription only games and continue development intead of fuckign make shit and than make the next game shit.

why dont they do stuff like 1 battlefield that costs 5 euro a month. and they continue developing it and never stop and they wont release a new one. they will update patch and change the exiting one.

same with every other fucking game, why no elder scrolls siungle player game that is stil developted, if they would have developted this game further the last 10years than we would have the fuckign best game in the universe same with gta.

fuck me i have enough points to buy me the equvilant of a lamborghini in your calculation.

bad idea man, mortal is a niche game, no bullshit shit developted crap like 99% of steam early access fuck titles.

DOnt get me wrong i like rust, but you can see it yourself they will stop development like the forest because its no supcription model. if you look in the fucking past, every no subscription game die in 5 - 15 years, because of money lack and devs wanna try new shti and stuff.

I hate this whole early access fuckshit bullshit. i Still dont get it why they dotn amke subscription only games and continue development intead of fuckign make shit and than make the next game shit.

why dont they do stuff like 1 battlefield that costs 5 euro a month. and they continue developing it and never stop and they wont release a new one. they will update patch and change the exiting one.

same with every other fucking game, why no elder scrolls siungle player game that is stil developted, if they would have developted this game further the last 10years than we would have the fuckign best game in the universe same with gta.
Because the modern game developers and publishers know that no matter how much they charge and how often they release a new “game”, there will be many who will buy it without a second thought. They will even pay for preorder and season passes. This is why the video game industry is in the state it is in now.

There was a better time which is long gone when game development companies had to release a proper, functioning and fun game in the way that gamers liked and enjoyed, and get it right the first time, not release a buggy, broken and half-finished title because that would have killed not just the game sales but very likely sink the company.

what u smokin? Rust releases patches every 2 weeks while our subscription game havent seen a patch for a year or more

sub model is dead, players will only tolerate it with giant bug free games like wow, and even those are declining in pop

The game will remain dead as long as the devs are dead...that simple...

No matter what business model you implement, it cannot help if the devs dont give a crap about the game...

That's the root problem, even though I agree this could help bring people to the game and help market for MO2.

Lets say subing gets you houses and tc those giving you the abilty to earn coin and run guilds . sub also lets you ress at red priest with no stats loss thus not needing a guild priest / tc . f2p max stats fighters and gathers for guilds . maybe limit how many accounts can log in from one ip. also add some sort of siege stone machanic into the game giveing a reason to not ninja siege but also revamap mangs and the cost of runing boulders if they know theres a siege and they dont show up that their fault. remove the boring tideous fight from the game. if you sub your credit card info wont be at risk and if you sub there will be a good anti cheat . if you sub they hire decent gms they know something about the game . remove necro pets and or fix the ai . bring back deeds on tc or just remove tc control towers and expande the keep radius and add some fucking ladders to the game but have a alert tower ping intruders.

also feel mo2 will have the same problems due to the code prob gonna just be the same i mean its still sv and hendriks vison has led us to this point.