Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Actually one thing I would like to say:
Let guilds reserve the rights to their names. Our allies are our lives and have been for years and years. Star citizen did good with reserving guild names, tho that may never come out, but if you have a unique guild name and some trolls want to take it, you lose alot of pride.
I agree on this. I would love if our names and guild names were reserved. That and maybe vet rewards/points is all I would need to ever see transferred.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Why is there no vote from the player for wipe/no wipe? There was one and it was immediately closed, but I think it would be interesting to see how it unfolds. Better yet, I'd love to see The devs send out a survey with a number of the issues brought up here with the newsletter. There is obviously a majority asking for a wipe, but there are a few against, so seeing those numbers would be interesting. We, the players, have a great idea on how a number of things could or should go because the players play the game. Some, obsessively. I know I did for a very long time before leaving. If the devs will not allow a vote in the gen forum section, why not make one in an "Other Games" section of the forum, since it is apparently an entire new game? I have been away for too long to do it. Too many additions and changes have happened since I was active to make a good show of it, but I know a few who could do a doozy of a survey or at least basic votes. Anyone?
Judging by how many people posting in this thread don't play or are clearly disgruntled, it's fair to say it'd be a lopsided and pointless poll. Better to listen to reasoned arguments, few as they may be.

you can still have your pixels
When the breach happened, did you try and recover your accounts? If so, why?

The news of MO2 results in mixed thoughts from myself. It's really pleasing to see the MO game develop over time to a new version as I really enjoy it and never want to see it die but I worry about a fresh start.

I get the point of a fresh start as we've seen some past actions that led to enormous wealth on the part of players but for some it's not been that way. I joined probably 3 years ago and worked very slowly to build up my skills and items. All the hard work over years that now allows me to finally have a house and grow it is lost. .

I realise that trying to migrate all data from MO to MO2 is impossible given the plan for 1 player slot. Any compensation system is likely to be too difficult and time consuming to manage so that's not a real option either.

Have a quick idea which I haven't necessarily thought through fully. For possible consideration if not already mentioned is the ability to migrate one toon from an account to the new MO2. Only the toon and their already achieved skills. This would help preserve all the work from an armorer or magic caster toon. The owner of an account today with 4 toons could then create 4 new accounts in MO2 which has each of their original MO account toons. I prefer to keep the bank items too but I doubt its easily achieved. Maybe lkeep toon inv which includes capes and spell books
No inventory , just capes and skills (maybe titles too) would be fine with me ... but to not make it a hassle for the devs only allow 2 characters from MO1 to transfer to MO2 . If we all help out and have realistic expectations with what they can safely transfer to the new game without Tainting it , then I think this will go a lot smoother ...

But on the other hand If were all attached to the old skills , characters , and gear and make a big fuss about it , it might just convince the devs to make a mistake for their new game before it even gets off the ground .

Last edited:
Judging by how many people posting in this thread don't play or are clearly disgruntled, it's fair to say it'd be a lopsided and pointless poll. Better to listen to reasoned arguments, few as they may be.

When the breach happened, did you try and recover your accounts? If so, why?
I did because I don’t like people having my stuff that don’t deserve it ... it’s a principle thing , also I thought I may play again in the future - it’s far different than a new game being announced and being responsible enough to let go of pixels we earned in the past so Mortal Online 2 can have a good , untainted future .

Think of the possibility of a fully fresh start , where EVERYONE is on the same playing field and the devs can finally have a clean slate without broken engines , years of old Code , glitchers and cheaters , layers of insecurities through players exploited inventories and items ... MO needs the freshest start it can get , if we must transfer anything it could be 1-2 old characters per person with their skill sets capes , and titles but I’m not even sure if I care for that - it’s just a spin off of something I saw someone say above .

Trystram

<font color=#570054><b>The Riddler</b></font>
Mortal Online has been plagued with game limitations from the very start. As someone who played from Pre-Alpha to well within release I am glad to see this.

Good Luck Star Vault.

edit: mods please don't remove my title. I love it in its broke html state. It reminds me of the good old days of sausage lake.

Thread starter #206

Valhalo

Trial Member
It seems like SV has put themselves in a bad situation here, if they say that nothing will be transfered, they could see a further decline in the MO playerbase.

However if they transfer things, their new game will be a flop in the sense that the gap between new players in a new game to vets will be too large.

Henrik needs to step down as the visionary and leader of MO2 and hire someone with a proper understanding and track record of success to manage this project.
Letting vets who have horded items and gold over many years import them into this new game is pure cancer. The only thing you should take with you is your skills as a player.

i,m hope them dont let player hold all items from bank.
I,m have loot and it is prety more fun if everyone get new start and not can get bigerst castle on the start.
I like when player most use ther own playskill to be big and not yet Everything almost free.

when mo2 coming I hope them do the skills more good so player who want to be best in somthing can it.
i,m is tamer but can not tame every thing for skill Points dont let me in lore. STUPID if I are tamer I want to have way to tame Everything and dont use 2 charter or down and uppgrade skills so fast I,m want to tame somthing.

If mo2 coming I hope them do so it can work on both old and new computer good.

if mo2 coming I hope them do books or what ever player need for skill more eazy to find and dont need anything stupid to be buyed.
it be more fun if someone who maybe is tamer dont need to be best in demon things to buy one inspect book or somthing that stupid.

and if mo2 coming I hope them let players hold there old player namne and dont let random peopple take it.

(impen)

Letting vets who have horded items and gold over many years import them into this new game is pure cancer. The only thing you should take with you is your skills as a player.
This. And I fear they dont want this to be a new game and will try to transfer as much stuff over as possible. So not only is this not a new game, but not even MO2. Simply MO revised. In which case it will not succeed as well as it could have wiped. And that is a sad face. Far too much shady crap has happened to allow transferred items in good faith that its the best decision for MO2. They are keeping MO servers open so people can keep their things if they want to.

I've read this whole thread and from what I've gathered is that some people want some things and some people want other things. The thing is ... the people that want other things don't agree with the people that want some things and the other way around and here is where I get to my point. The thing with this is that there is no middle way in such a game and they are gonna have to make the call which usually ends in a bad position leaving the game in a awkward state. I am beyond words excited for Mortal Online 2, I've played Mortal Online for roughly 3500 hours (havent played for a year or so now due to the low pop) . Would love to see Star Vault do a great job and have bigger success with it, BUT ... and I don't want to be a party wrecker ... Firstly, the way they made the announce of Mortal Online 2 coming out, out of the blue, with no preparation before hand of the announcement to the audience that there might be something around the corner in the future just makes me feel like the lead guy from Star Vault just had something annoying and mundane happen and said to hell with this we're doing Mortal Online 2. Secondly, based on what I said on my first point .... there is no organizational sense in their team based on the way they did/do things. Thirdly, miscommunication towards each other in their development team and to their players ; so we wish/want them to take in consideration things we say on forums while they can't keep each other informed. Fourthly, they don't know how to listen and to which category of players to listen to and make the worst decision.

They talk about fair play and no pay to win aspect, well ... I'm just gonna say one name and I think some of you will get what I'm saying ... Aralis .
And we don't want a second life to live ... we want a game ... don't forget to make it fun ... not a job ..

And removing the free to play from the game ? Seriously ?! And for the love of god give us a rough year when the game is coming ...

P.S. I'm pretty sure I missed some things and there are still stuff to be said but feel free to add up and that I might be wrong in what I said ... but I hope that what I said made any sense.

i,m hope them dont let player hold all items from bank.
I,m have loot and it is prety more fun if everyone get new start and not can get bigerst castle on the start.
I like when player most use ther own playskill to be big and not yet Everything almost free.

when mo2 coming I hope them do the skills more good so player who want to be best in somthing can it.
i,m is tamer but can not tame every thing for skill Points dont let me in lore. STUPID if I are tamer I want to have way to tame Everything and dont use 2 charter or down and uppgrade skills so fast I,m want to tame somthing.

If mo2 coming I hope them do so it can work on both old and new computer good.

if mo2 coming I hope them do books or what ever player need for skill more eazy to find and dont need anything stupid to be buyed.
it be more fun if someone who maybe is tamer dont need to be best in demon things to buy one inspect book or somthing that stupid.

and if mo2 coming I hope them let players hold there old player namne and dont let random peopple take it.

(impen)
There is a huge difference between a comma and an apostrophe my friend.

Keurk

I've read this whole thread and from what I've gathered is that some people want some things and some people want other things. The thing is ... the people that want other things don't agree with the people that want some things and the other way around and here is where I get to my point. The thing with this is that there is no middle way in such a game and they are gonna have to make the call which usually ends in a bad position leaving the game in a awkward state. I am beyond words excited for Mortal Online 2, I've played Mortal Online for roughly 3500 hours (havent played for a year or so now due to the low pop) . Would love to see Star Vault do a great job and have bigger success with it, BUT ... and I don't want to be a party wrecker ... Firstly, the way they made the announce of Mortal Online 2 coming out, out of the blue, with no preparation before hand of the announcement to the audience that there might be something around the corner in the future just makes me feel like the lead guy from Star Vault just had something annoying and mundane happen and said to hell with this we're doing Mortal Online 2. Secondly, based on what I said on my first point .... there is no organizational sense in their team based on the way they did/do things. Thirdly, miscommunication towards each other in their development team and to their players ; so we wish/want them to take in consideration things we say on forums while they can't keep each other informed. Fourthly, they don't know how to listen and to which category of players to listen to and make the worst decision.

They talk about fair play and no pay to win aspect, well ... I'm just gonna say one name and I think some of you will get what I'm saying ... Aralis .
And we don't want a second life to live ... we want a game ... don't forget to make it fun ... not a job ..

And removing the free to play from the game ? Seriously ?! And for the love of god give us a rough year when the game is coming ...

P.S. I'm pretty sure I missed some things and there are still stuff to be said but feel free to add up and that I might be wrong in what I said ... but I hope that what I said made any sense.
pretty much what i wanted to say but i was that prick. Good words

A fresh start in MO2 will be so great - mortal online has always been a rat race for resource, and as the population ages, there are less dependence on the area of map with much more basic resources. This happens with all MMOs but a fresh start will give MO2 it’s maximum longevity as a game, and your short-term loss of items will be traded in for a more long-term enjoyment out of MO2 as a game

When the time comes, be brave and log in MO2 naked with a worn short sword. Where is your sense of adventure?

Wtf are you talking about, Henrik literally said eventually MO1 will be shut down and all accounts will be transferred to MO2. I don't even care about the gold or resources, I don't even want or care if those get transferred nearly as much as certain things like my spellbook I worked on my whole life which Henrik also said might be transferred on the discord but I am just want the value compensation at least. I am not asking for a 100% transfer but a 100% wipe is even worse.... Don't ruin my favorite genre because you're stuck playing the genre that obviously isn't for you. Either way you can complain all you want but Henrik already said he won't let people change his vision like they did for MO1. Least he understands what makes a persistent mmorpg so special unlike some of you. Imagine if Eve Online was upgrading its engine and did a wipe lol.... You kids are ignorant to this genre if you want a wipe and don't belong here.
Most of the people wanting a wipe, are veterans with a lot of time investment and wealth in MO. We are just willing to let it all go, so MO2 has a chance to provide a meaningful beginning and not DOA. Put all the abundance of duped and hoarded goods in MO out of circulation in MO2.

If we all get our wealth in MO2, the world activity will last 1 - 2 weeks where players are just exploring and looking for a place to settle and spend their 10000s of gold and resources in establishing themselves. That is boring and only provides a short term period of excitement. If everyone has nothing, everyone will be out in the world farming resources and wealth. It'll cause conflict over the most simple of resources and locations. Which is what causes long term world activity, and is better for the game health.

Majority of us are against a wipe in MO, but since MO2 is technically going to be successor/sequel to MO - A fresh start is needed, to allow the game to survive and flourish, away from the staleness of MO.

To be honest, you sound like a player who spends most of his time behind a palisade, hoarding pixels - Since you seem to care so much about them. Time to man up and experience a REAL hardcore environment, where resources and wealth is properly contested, and everything is a struggle.

Speznat

Most of the people wanting a wipe, are veterans with a lot of time investment and wealth in MO. We are just willing to let it all go, so MO2 has a chance to provide a meaningful beginning and not DOA. Put all the abundance of duped and hoarded goods in MO out of circulation in MO2.

If we all get our wealth in MO2, the world activity will last 1 - 2 weeks where players are just exploring and looking for a place to settle and spend their 10000s of gold and resources in establishing themselves. That is boring and only provides a short term period of excitement. If everyone has nothing, everyone will be out in the world farming resources and wealth. It'll cause conflict over the most simple of resources and locations. Which is what causes long term world activity, and is better for the game health.

Majority of us are against a wipe in MO, but since MO2 is technically going to be successor/sequel to MO - A fresh start is needed, to allow the game to survive and flourish, away from the staleness of MO.

To be honest, you sound like a player who spends most of his time behind a palisade, hoarding pixels - Since you seem to care so much about them. Time to man up and experience a REAL hardcore environment, where resources and wealth is properly contested, and everything is a struggle.
i often think when someone suggest a wipe,

why are you not playing rust? or some shit games that wipe your progress to see time waste, dont get me wrong i love rust. but for rust a wipe fits in the concept, not in an MO.

but imagine, if wow got wiped very much people would be outraged because they hard grinded 10k hours for stuff they cna finally enjoy, and imagine that you love that progress of 5-10 years dedication to the game, and all would be gone forever just because some guys think its funny to wipe 10k hours and more progress from the face of the earth?

imagine a wipe in eve online? guess who will quit?

for some things im for a wipe, but for many things im definetly not. when i have the feeling my hard grinded effort got completly obsolet than its not so funny anymore.

dont get me wrong for some stuff its okay, but for example grinded dragon mats, that are more worth than your 5accounts all together its not funny. or some other stuff like finally a grinded stakc of gold to enjoy the next 10years withotu any grind? yeah i grinded so hard to not grind anymore. if you wipe it, you can guess im upset.

Last edited:
i often think when someone suggest a wipe,

why are you not playing rust? or some shit games that wipe your progress to see time waste, dont get me wrong i love rust. but for rust a wipe fits in the concept, not in an MO.

but imagine, if wow got wiped very much people would be outraged because they hard grinded 10k hours for stuff they cna finally enjoy, and imagine that you love that progress of 5-10 years dedication to the game, and all would be gone forever just because some guys think its funny to wipe 10k hours and more progress from the face of the earth?

imagine a wipe in eve online? guess who will quit?

for some things im for a wipe, but for many things im definetly not. when i have the feeling my hard grinded effort got completly obsolet than its not so funny anymore.

dont get me wrong for some stuff its okay, but for example grinded dragon mats, that are more worth than your 5accounts all together its not funny. or some other stuff like finally a grinded stakc of gold to enjoy the next 10years withotu any grind? yeah i grinded so hard to not grind anymore. if you wipe it you can guess im upset.
I don’t think he is suggesting wiping MO1, he is using the “wipe” in the sense that no assets from MO1 should be transferred to MO2 which is surely reasonable given that MO2 is being marketed “so far” as a stand-alone game. I am guessing they need to do it this way to get a steam release.

Your comparison to WoW is unreasonable- WoW works off expansions under the same franchise, each expansion is not a standalone game like they are “so far as we can tell” intending for MO2

Would it be okay for MO2 to “wipe” in the sense of starting as a brand new standalone game separate to MO1 in your opinion or would you consider that unreasonable?

Yeah wipe is a terrible word.
Its not them TEARING A PICTURE TO SHREDS.
Its StarVault PAINTING A NEW PICTURE.
Now they have all the experience from the first one to make the second one the same, but also so much better.
New game, new loot, new systems, new world. Call it StarVault Online if that helps your brains compute what new game means.

And WoW is making a separate game in Classic WoW , and you aren't getting ANY OF YOUR SHIT from regular WoW. So there is a comparison, one that it's a brand new fucking game.

How my friends say, people who talk about full wipes is didnt play in this time or play and got only Gherkin in they pockets.
I accepted wipe (dont like this work cuz this is be new game, correctly say "Fresh start" or "New game"), but i dont realy want to see there a people there who dont know nothing about game and who dont play right now (and i dont want hear they "special openion" there). Cuz this is like a "Circus of freaks" when i see this thread - newbies and game philosophiers talk about something in a game, but dont know a gem enough to talk about it.
About other - i hope SV find a people who made game faster then in 2-3 years and find any goom GM (not talk about Discord, Galenius, Herius) who know something about game. I got a butthurt every time when i speak with GMs who not played or never play or dont know about game enough to moderate game. For my openion, GMs need to get a practise in a game every monts or week.
Anyway, when i say people MO is a shit, this is not mean i dont love it. How i thousands time say, Mo is agreat game in a world and in my life. I find there interested friends and peoples who be good or bad sometimes, i find a new world. And if not die before then MO2 is be relised, i can say for sure, i come and this is be my new love!
All Hail Mortal!

MrB

Silver Supporter
Whats the problem with a wipe. It's a new game. I stacks of gold and other shit and Im willing to just let that go. Fun to start over with something new but still familiar.

However I read on massivelyop.com that wealth will transfer over?

Article here.