Mortal Online 2 Discussion

How can SV ensure that blackmarkets dont cripple the economy? Besides from wiping regularly.
That's an interesting question. Previously, MO was known to be a game with no large gold for cash market. I heard, from Henrik actually, that websites that sold gold in video games couldn't list MO gold. It was harder to stockpile, delivering had risks, and to even plan on consistent supply was not profitable. I'm not sure when that first started to change, but with the arrival of TC, there was a very stable cash market for gold.

I've never cared about who had the most chips, I care that the rules of the game are fair, skill-based, non-linear, and competitive. Keeping risk everywhere, keeping action and conflict accessible through raiding (rather than siege every 6 months) are important aspects that have been shown to prevent duping and cheating from destroying the economy.

On the subject of transferring valuables/assets to MO2:

Firstly, I dont feel especially defensive about my MO pixels, but I do feel strongly about history and persistence.
If MO2, as suggested, is going to be a continuation of Nave and its lore, (the devas live on) then I think something, if not all, should be transferred - depending on the story/lore/setting of MO2.
What, how much and into what; I have no idea, as I dont know how similar MO2 will be to MO1.

I do not think that economy will be destroyed from the start if there is a transfer - rather I think it will be functioning from the start because of it.
Likewise I do not believe for a second that new player experience will suffer from some small group of vets having something transferred, rather I believe it will make the world feel much more alive and less like a new rust server. There will be merchants, crafters and functioning businesses.

Some people complain that supposedly old duped items/golds will be transferred; please, if know of someone hording illegal valuables, tell a GM so it can be removed.
Perhaps the 'gods' can organize an apocalyptic event in current Nave near the release of MO2, giving us all a wild ride of adventure and setting up the new version of the world.

Perhaps the 'gods' can organize an apocalyptic event in current Nave near the release of MO2, giving us all a wild ride of adventure and setting up the new version of the world.
The gods won't be organizing anything. That's not their way. The members of the faith could probably arrange some funerary activity though.
220px-GD-FR-Paris-Louvre-Sculptures034.JPG

Interesting prospect!

i often think when someone suggest a wipe,

why are you not playing rust? or some shit games that wipe your progress to see time waste, dont get me wrong i love rust. but for rust a wipe fits in the concept, not in an MO.

but imagine, if wow got wiped very much people would be outraged because they hard grinded 10k hours for stuff they cna finally enjoy, and imagine that you love that progress of 5-10 years dedication to the game, and all would be gone forever just because some guys think its funny to wipe 10k hours and more progress from the face of the earth?

imagine a wipe in eve online? guess who will quit?

for some things im for a wipe, but for many things im definetly not. when i have the feeling my hard grinded effort got completly obsolet than its not so funny anymore.

dont get me wrong for some stuff its okay, but for example grinded dragon mats, that are more worth than your 5accounts all together its not funny. or some other stuff like finally a grinded stakc of gold to enjoy the next 10years withotu any grind? yeah i grinded so hard to not grind anymore. if you wipe it, you can guess im upset.
This isnt a rust scenario. For starters servers have been live and untouched for a decade. Even with the duping. Second, if WoW2 came out i wouldnt expect anything i own in WoW to transfer over, even tho it wouldnt be as game breaking as moving stuff from MO over. This expectation people have is absurd when u look at the bigger picture.

Teknique

I'm disheartened to see that the execution of MO 2 is already having some trouble. I don't necessarily see the wisdom of saying its not an entirely new game. What does that even mean? This is probably going to be a soft wipe with an engine upgrade.

That said. If "MO 2" was amazing in every respect as an engine upgrade; conflict oriented tc system, no bugs, well optimized, better pve. Would you then all refuse to play because people have the same shit that they had before?

cool note
During the March 2015 Game Developers Conference, Epic announced that they would release Unreal Engine 4, along with all future updates, for free for all users.[74][75][76] In exchange, Epic established a selective royalty schedule, asking for 5% of revenue for products that make more than $3,000 per quarter,

Last edited:
Please keep the way swinging weapons works in current mo and first person. It's the most unique and satisfying combat style I've seen in any game I've played. There's many games that have first person melee combat but they don't take the length of a weapon into consideration like this, it's just mindless swinging with a simple boring arc. Even if its not all about PVP, just have the PVP that it has satisfying and fun like it is in mortal. Didn't read all the comments so I don't know whether this was discussed before.

ALSO next time you are about release anything (alpha, beta or whatever), DO SOME MARKETING or hire someone who knows about it. You guys are the worst when it comes to marketing your game, sorry but its true.

Last edited:

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Not excited to see a copy paste of the current game like everyone else is. MO worked vs competion on release and beta - now you are playing catch up to other games trying to keep your head above water with virtually no player base.
If this was something that is needed it should of been executed a year ago.
Can’t see this mo 2 launch earlier then March 2020. Not worth the investment.

That being said, for the first time I’ve thought this, Wipe the server.

No one here even knows what MO2 looks like and what stage its at....
yet everyone insists on arguing for or against a particular view

Food for thought...
What if MO2 turns out to be worse than MO with more bugs then ever... at that point you wouldn't go back to MO cos all your skills/banks got deleted...

Maybe an easy solution to this would be to have 2 worlds (assuming the player base is looking good), one world as a continuation of MO , the other world being a fresh start.

Food for thought...What if MO2 turns out to be worse than MO with more bugs then ever... at that point you wouldn't go back to MO cos all your skills/banks got deleted...
That is a very likely thing to happen. UE3 is fundamentally different to UE4, It handles majority of things different. A lot of things will be needed to be built from the ground up. Which means a lot of bugs and performance issues, unless SV hires more staff to mitigate these issues early on. It's not as simple as copy pasting and you have MO on UE4,

No one here even knows what MO2 looks like and what stage its at....
yet everyone insists on arguing for or against a particular view

Food for thought...
What if MO2 turns out to be worse than MO with more bugs then ever... at that point you wouldn't go back to MO cos all your skills/banks got deleted...

Maybe an easy solution to this would be to have 2 worlds (assuming the player base is looking good), one world as a continuation of MO , the other world being a fresh start.
It sounds like this is the route they are planning on taking. In the beginning anyway. Henrik said that a sub will give access to both games. So players will be able to play MO as usual but subbed players will have access to MO2 as well. A 2 for one type of deal.

Speznat

its funny how people think that complete wipe is solution, as if duping and glitching in Mo2 would stop?
its SV there will be holes everywhere like mo had the first 4years.

and as some suggestions economy would be broken if transfer?
do that guys really think that economy will not be broken agian in 1-3years? really? grapefruit are you that blind or ust ignoring problems?

its funny how people think that complete wipe is solution, as if duping and glitching in Mo2 would stop?
its SV there will be holes everywhere like mo had the first 4years.

and as some suggestions economy would be broken if transfer?
do that guys really think that economy will not be broken agian in 1-3years? really? grapefruit are you that blind or ust ignoring problems?
Its not a wipe.
Its a brand new fucking game.
I couldn't bring my ebony armor and mehrunes razor from oblivion to skyrim.
Why should anyone bring any wealth from MO to MO2?

If it's gonna be broken in a few years anyways, might as well have it work for a few years to let people enjoy it while it lasts.

If any "physical" Things in game are brought over other than like names and capes and shit like that, the game will be doomed from the start. Full stop. There is no argument.

The game will start as MO is right now. With you farming the same shit every day, day in and day out. Shitty laggy palisades everywhere INSTANTLY.

Why bring hellfire down on untainted ground?

ALL OF MO SAW WHAT MASS WEALTH ALREADY ACCUMULATED DID WITH THE TC DROP.

The vast majority of people think it's more cancerous than helpful.
There is no point to a new game if everything is accomplished before you start, if all the achievements are earned before you press play, why waste your time.

Gigamo

Arena Champion
Honestly I'd even go further and have scheduled wipes every 3/6/12 months (whatever fits best) to keep the game fresh and interesting. Sort of like how Path of Exile and such have ladder seasons.

So, I've re-read Star Vault's announcement and what really got my attention really good based on the back and forth discussion currently going on on this thread about either wipe or no wipe is and I quote "Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form." And I think a lot of you misread that. Makes me think that the gold that people have farmed/duped in Mortal Online and mats will not be given out back to people. They probably already know what everybody is talking about and are aware of that but haven't yet found a way to covert it in a way that won't ruin some aspects of the game. Maybe they will create a temporary currency for the time being and give some time for people to spend it on different things like cosmetics, skins for mounts, special capes ... who knows ? Anyways, we will have to wait on that until the game is out.

Last edited:
So, I've re-read Star Vault's announcement and what really got my attention really good based on the back and forth discussion currently going on on this thread about either wipe or no wipe is and I quote "Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form." And I think a lot of you misread that. Makes me think that not the gold that people have farmed/duped in Mortal Online and mats will be given out back to people. They probably already know what everybody is talking about and are aware of that but haven't yet found a way to covert it in a way that won't ruin some aspects of the game. Maybe they will create a temporary currency for the time being and give some time for people to spend it on different things like cosmetics, skins for mounts, special capes ... who knows ? Anyways, we will have to wait on that until the game is out.
Cosmetics are great because it gives people the "my epeen is bigger" feel at no cost to the games health. Aslong as it is just that, cosmetics. I love me some vet capes so gimme some more of that shit to show thay I wasted 4 years of my life on MOand I'm happy.
New formcould also be like for every 1k gold you get a 2% discount on a monthly sub for all we know. Or something else of the sort.

So, I've re-read Star Vault's announcement and what really got my attention really good based on the back and forth discussion currently going on on this thread about either wipe or no wipe is and I quote "Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form." And I think a lot of you misread that. Makes me think that the gold that people have farmed/duped in Mortal Online and mats will not be given out back to people. They probably already know what everybody is talking about and are aware of that but haven't yet found a way to covert it in a way that won't ruin some aspects of the game. Maybe they will create a temporary currency for the time being and give some time for people to spend it on different things like cosmetics, skins for mounts, special capes ... who knows ? Anyways, we will have to wait on that until the game is out.

Cosmetics are great because it gives people the "my epeen is bigger" feel at no cost to the games health. Aslong as it is just that, cosmetics. I love me some vet capes so gimme some more of that shit to show thay I wasted 4 years of my life on MOand I'm happy.
New form could also be like for every 1k gold you get a 2% discount on a monthly sub for all we know. Or something else of the sort.
This is how we read it as well. A new form... it could be an enhanced version of vet points. The cosmetic shop is a pretty great idea. it could be accessible from the log in screen, and since there is only one toon, it would not be complicated. It would go to the one toon. There is really no limit on them other than drawing harder on computer systems.

Ornaments for homes, keeps and forts (Limits on how many can be placed based on size so as not to intentionally cause lag in your area by effectively dropping the old 50 campfires and crash the server type thing). Art, carpets, masks on walls, rare animal heads, non combative pets, Trophies for various reasons like fishing, fountains, statues. Items that give no benefit other than to say "I am awesome" and perhaps with no hitbox so as not to be able to interfere or be used defensively.

Steed skins, steed enhancements like flaming hoofs (cosmetic), capes, non defensive masks, flame effects or paint/etching on swords and shields, (cosmetic, not damage enhancing), clothing that have no defense, titles... there is no limit! Tradeable, sellable but have no intrinsic value other than those people give them. The boosted price of the old lion shields is a good example (I realize they had different hitboxes, but as the price inflated the less there were in the world... players decided the price. I know, I sold 50 of them). Another example is the original design of the pick axes. I still have 3 of them and have had some big offers for them.

Different titles, ornamental weapons and tools that are static on your toon. I'd love a hammer hanging from Vynns waist, showing publicly I am a smith...

Anyway, I have gone over 24 hours without sleep, so I may be rambling.... a lot. Those that remember me prolly remember I tend to do that. :)

Vynn (and Aly)

Yeonan

Trial Member
quote "Similarly this is not an entirely new game
This is the bigger part of that statement. The part about transferred wealth into new form could just be a clunky mistranslation.

The more i think about it the less likely there will be any form of a wipe, the goal seems to be transfer as much as possible but there may be some things that cant or dont translate into new systems.

A GM cannot even decipher what happened to your dead horse if too many people type and your chatlog history scrolls too far up and deletes the encounter. I wonder how they will manage to accurately do the transfer, and I wonder what happens when they get MO1 and MO2 running in parallel as well in terms of “transferring wealth”

If there are guys riding round on prepatch bulls swinging enhanced TM sledges on MO2 launch day then that will be the biggest fuck up I could ever imagine for a game trying to break 70 players per day on steam

grendel

I am going to repeat myself a bit here.

This whole wipe or no discussion is not really helping me understand the arguments of the people who say wipe all.

The only compelling argument for a wipe I have seen is the rumours of large hoards of duped high end materials and golds.

Some say that MO2 is an entirely new game and therefore it need a fresh start. Good argument, if it was true. According to the SV announcement it is not an entirely new game.

Some say that the economy will be dead and no new players will like it if there is a transfer.
Please explain this, why do you think that?
I ask because I think that it is more likely that the economy will be functioning from the start and that new players will prefer to start in a functioning world with businesses.

Furthermore, if you think that the economy will suffer from legit farmed hoards of materials/gold, how do you suggest that SV prevent this from happening in the future (besides from regular wipes)?
After TC and Sarducaa there has been an extreme inflation in MO economy, I see that, but how to prevent this from happening again?

I ask these questions because, as a roleplayer who play MO because of the persistent world(and the full loot/pvp ofc), I honestly do not see the problem with a transfer of "something yet to be named"(we dont even know SV's plans yet).
(FYI I do not have a large hoard of valuables to my name, it amounts to 1k gold. So please dont insinuate that I clutch my pixels, cause I am too poor to care about that.)

As I said first, the only problem I see is the rumours of large amounts of duped vauables. Those illegal goods need to be deleted.