Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Oh my god. Old player here quit playing for almost 2 years but still come back here to check the state of mortal online from time to time.
First I thought this was another troll thread but when I saw who is the op my heart is almost stop beating lol.
I can't find any game like MO since I quit .
So please make this happen Henrik!!

perhaps you dont remember 'the time before butchery' but you certainly didnt need butcher workbench lore or animal materials lore or any of the sublores. kill animal, get mats.

-barcode
We are MOSTLY back to before. A toon with points only in animal mat can make a good living farming now. The increased yield of butcher table is offset at least partially by the cost/hassle of getting a portable table or the increased weight that must be carried to a town/tc.

thats it why we shoud trust these devs about new game ? to waste our time in there for nothing. i made good friends from mo im only glad about that.! fuck you SV !
The difference is everyone here, aside from yourself (why ARE you here?) want this. However, no-one asked for a battle royale cash in, and the numbers speak for themself.

Amelia

happy to ear this.
please absolutely don't change these:

- first person view,
- full loot
- seamless world.

A total wipe seem legit , maybe just some cosmetic for the MO veteran players like a cape.
I'm curious to know how much the game will cost (actually it's too expensive imho) and the kind of subscrition remain the same (montly).
how many ppl will stop playing if they will find out that "new game" is halfmaded and all they got before just gone

sv didnt finish polishing mo1, still many thing we just heard from devs and waiting for very long, why ppl expect that mo2 will b complete polished game at start?

Last edited:
how many ppl will stop playing if they will find out that "new game" is halfmaded and all they got before just gone

sv didnt finish polishing mo1, still many thing we just heard from devs and waiting for very long, why ppl expect that mo2 will b complete polished game at start?
Looks to me like a desperate cash grab but I will still buy it. Telling people that there wealth and progress will transfer over keeps the junk collectors subscribed other then that the game is about dead.

Looks to me like a desperate cash grab but I will still buy it. Telling people that there wealth and progress will transfer over keeps the junk collectors subscribed other then that the game is about dead.
I doubt it will be a cash grab, if the new game is bad then I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to cover it on my channel like I did with MO, and even if I did it would be shown for what it is for all the world to see.

I’d say give SV the benefit of the doubt, wait till they release MO2, then we will know for sure.

A suggestion If you decide to continue with only 1 Server, Make it Eastern America so you don't totally screw Oceanic players.
Still a disadvantage on the east coast but 250+ping is better than 480ping.

A couple of things I'd like to see in MO2 if possible.

1. Situational Awareness - Toggle awareness allowing a 3rd person viewing mode but only while walking speed. When running or sprinting it automatically switches back to 1st person.

2. Give the players a life span of a year where they then die of old age. Then let them be reborn young again where they have to retrain their stats. But let them inherit all there old former possessions. It will increase replay value and encourage people to try a different path. It will also give seasoned players a handicap time to time so they wont always be all powerful all the time.

3. Clean server wipe. Reward old players with titles, cosmetics, books?

4. If someone maxes out a skill to 100 create a 2 month timer that allows that player to unlock a book skill without having a book. For instance Daggers, two months later with 100 skill he unlocks back stab. One thing that I dislike about MO is that effort doesn't always equate progress. I could spend endless hours with nothing to show for my efforts. For certain special skills/crafting I can understand books would be required but I don't think everything should be impossible to acquire.

A couple of things I'd like to see in MO2 if possible.

1. Situational Awareness - Toggle awareness allowing a 3rd person viewing mode but only while walking speed. When running or sprinting it automatically switches back to 1st person.

2. Give the players a life span of a year where they then die of old age. Then let them be reborn young again where they have to retrain their stats. But let them inherit all there old former possessions. It will increase replay value and encourage people to try a different path. It will also give seasoned players a handicap time to time so they wont always be all powerful all the time.

3. Clean server wipe. Reward old players with titles, cosmetics, books?

4. If someone maxes out a skill to 100 create a 2 month timer that allows that player to unlock a book skill without having a book. For instance Daggers, two months later with 100 skill he unlocks back stab. One thing that I dislike about MO is that effort doesn't always equate progress. I could spend endless hours with nothing to show for my efforts. For certain special skills/crafting I can understand books would be required but I don't think everything should be impossible to acquire.
.... Game will be good long as they don't listen. To people like this lol chalk full of bad ideaS

Situational Awareness - Toggle awareness allowing a 3rd person viewing mode but only while walking speed. When running or sprinting it automatically switches back to 1st person.
As far as situational awareness goes, I'd have liked and still recommend a way of turning the 1st-Person point-of-view on (an assumed) neck, because the old adage of "...don't look back. Something might be gaining on you¹" probably works better in baseball or other parts of RL than in video games.

Third-person is never going to fly with Henrik.

Having to turn, or even run, toward something to see what it is is unimmersive and gives a horrid feeling of cumulative blindness.

----
¹ https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Satchel_Paige
Presented by the letter P and in honour of Black History Month.

Third-person view should only be allowed in the paper doll, without showing any background; just the toon with blank background. The paper doll should pop up automatically when you emote and then close. You should be able to open up the paper doll to see yourself moving, swinging a weapon, etc..

As far as situational awareness goes, I'd have liked and still recommend a way of turning the 1st-Person point-of-view on (an assumed) neck, because the old adage of "...don't look back. Something might be gaining on you¹" probably works better in baseball or other parts of RL than in video games.

Third-person is never going to fly with Henrik.

Having to turn, or even run, toward something to see what it is is unimmersive and gives a horrid feeling of cumulative blindness.

----
¹ https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Satchel_Paige
Presented by the letter P and in honour of Black History Month.
I don't know about you but I have always been able to sense people walking up behind me or standing behind me if I am concentrating. Which is why I think it would add realism if done correctly. But you're probably right its something I doubt they would consider.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Yeah i understand but you have to realize that they went from a team of 20 devs to a core of 3-4 people with Seb being a programming newb. They lost Mats, and Henrik who has very little game design experience took over.

Evrrything they went through they did as a newbie team stuck with a shitty engine that could have never delivered a game that we all wanted as well as being limited and hard to work with (which caused delays And sometimes weird outcomes).

The way they handled the community is also something that was new to them and sometimes if you are over protective you do dumb things.

By now they should have learned to be more proffesional and actually learned a thing or two about the design process and community management.
Thats just the thing, there was too much time there to not learn of their mistakes without those devs. We are talking about almost 10 years here.

During the 3 years era from they lost devs to definately having few left they went from great to bad and everything inbetween until after Awakening when it started really going downhill.

You should learn to not continue to do the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again, even if you know nothing of game development.
SV continued to do the exact same mistakes after losing most of the original devs even after gaining new ones.
Why would they then magically make a good game again, after 10 years of continued failure to regain the level they had in the beginning when they (devs still there) where at their worst.

You have to see a miracle to believe in it. Simple.
And thats not even taking into consideration all the lies, the massive amounts of lies.