Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Yeonan

Trial Member
I hope that SV gives us a heads up before their next announcement explaining things.

I want to have some stella and popcorn ready.

I expect a few aneurysms

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
TheBadMan That was brutal AF.
Words born from the passion he once had for the game and a never ending search to fill the void it's left him with.
I used to reply brutal replies for years upon years straight to their faces as a final hope they would wake up and fix the game.

Now I am merely tired of repeating myself so I turned to simply reminding them of the truth and facts since I was there on day 1 as a basically mind controlled zombie. I honestly believe I was SV and MOs biggest fan, having 5 accounts subbed for what 6-8 years.

You are right in that I long for that old MO feeling I used to have for years until it started dwindling with every patch and every statement from the devs.

Mortal online is a great game problem is most the player base is too busy trying murder everyone they see ... It's a sandbox mmo ... Not mount and blade... Not just a pvp game ... It's sandbox world where you can do what you want ... Sadly most of you just want to smash shit all day ... Killing newbie instead of helping them learn to go do stuff... O I get it tho the pvp is good fun ... But killing someone in steel is worth more then that robe wearing newb leaving tindrem... Anyways I'm done ranting .... I say more sand for the box the better ...
Ill be honest here, when I started MO I was the stereotype of a anti PK white knight in every MMO I played.
When I joined this game I got drawn to the name Myrmidon when checking which guild I wanted to try out.

Now this was my very first true PK guild I ever joined. First 2-3 years I exclusively lived on looted gear and killed anyone not in my guild that came into my path.

When SV finally killed my beloved guild and chased off 90% of my beloved guildies, I delved into other parts of the game. Made a extracter and litterally took over MK metal business and pushed the price of steel to half of the standard, we then tried a project of making a gladiatorial anti PK big group, this being the Dawn-Awakening era so 2011-2012 but still SV had not given us any tools to aid us in such a huge project so it got dropped and we basically went back to being a PK guild.
From 2012-2015 we then tried empire building since TC had been rebuilt but still no real incentive to do anything but PvP as end game.

When steam release happened years later in 2015, no tools for anything but the normal murder sprees where still not possible, we couldnt even keep new players we rescued from spawn killing PKs for a week because there was a empty sandbox but nothing more.

We got a new continent that was almost completely empty where you could make fortunes almost completely safe but nothing else and far far from a population for even 1 continent.

Why spend ages making a new continent when you dont have the population for 1 and the game itself flawed, buggy with loads features and tools still not there that was surprise surprise was promised before release and around release.

You cant really blame the playerbase of milking the shit out of 1 of the 2 end game activities which is PvP and territory control which basically is PvP on a larger scale. Blame the devs who cant fill their empty sandbox for 10 freaking years. Its not long ago MO got NPC factions which ALL anti PK guilds of release era which would be around 300 players screamed to get in the game. The maybe 100 PKs would also welcome such features just for the fact that anything to boost anti PKs would boost our access to PvP, which is the bread and butter for this game 100%.

Old BadMan rant over and out!

Oh and most PKs started killing nakeds only after finding out they transported materials and gold while naked to make it seem you had nothing on you. The single reason I started doing so, I always used to let other kill nakeds way back. Until a guildie killed someone with hundreds of gold on them while naked, that used to be a lot of gold back then.

I think I understand. Henrik has a vision what his game should be and dont want to stay too far from it.
This is totally false, his vision has changed so much over these years that he dont even remember what his original vision used to be. Not even with me by his side for so many years yelling his vision until his ears bled over and over he still disregarded his vision to pander to a few retarded players with thick wallets that I sadly lacked....poor poor Mats...

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE !!!!!

Last edited:
Hi, an old player coming back after the news. You guys should explain to us why we should have faith, what's your vision and why MO2 could be finally successful, beside saying "cuz we are cool and we have learnt from our previous mistakes!111".

Wish you the best, seriously. I left a little piece of my heart on that game.
Oualid, you damn middle-east pothead. if you read this post contact me.

Hi, an old player coming back after the news. You guys should explain to us why we should have faith, what's your vision and why MO2 could be finally successful, beside saying "cuz we are cool and we have learnt from our previous mistakes!111".

Wish you the best, seriously. I left a little piece of my heart on that game.
Oualid, you damn middle-east pothead. if you read this post contact me.
There is no MO2, so if that's what you are here for you are shit out of luck but in 2 to 3 years MO might get a engine upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4

So, anyone knows when is the target release date for MO 2? @Henrik Nystrom @Sebastian Persson ?

I believe this could be a turning point for the Sandbox MMO market, since now there is a technology which would make MO experience much better on large scale.
There is none, it doesn't exist in any form but in the imagination of those who post about it, but in 2 to 3 years MO might get a engine upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4

For Christ sakes people, get your heads out of your asses!

Its been over a year and they can't even get noob island out, do you really think they are going to shit out a brand knew fucking game in a couple of months?

like I have been saying you will be lucky if MO updates it engine from UE3.5 to UE4 in 2 to 3 years

Amelia

For Christ sakes people, get your heads out of your asses!

Its been over a year and they can't even get noob island out, do you really think they are going to shit out a brand knew fucking game in a couple of months?

like I have been saying you will be lucky if MO updates it engine from UE3.5 to UE4 in 2 to 3 years
Probably because all the forces are focused on MO2, I hope.

Yeonan

Trial Member
If anyone is interested, the relevant part of SV public announcement to shareholders translated with google:

"Upgrading to Unreal Engine 4 is believed to provide a significantly better gaming experience that matches competing titles with large user bases of players. In connection with the change to the newer game engine, other adjustments of the game are also planned to be in the front edge of the game genre ("Mortal Online 2" or "MO2")."

Sounds more like a port or upgrade then a totally new game but that's one man's interpretation

I sure hope its just a port and not most of the stuff in the MO2 post...

Like smoother gameplay, more realistic looking world, better graphics. Sounds fantastic.

But like the single character per account bigger world and stuff could actually be game breaking if done wrong. If it was a new game made 100% from scratch, big dev team, no rush. It could be fine. But in mo we usually get rushed under developed stuff. So I hope they dont try to do too much new stuff and put more of the effort into the good important stuff. Like hopefully re doing how items work so that we dont get prepatch (so like the game knows whats a spear and whats a gb so they can nerf and buff and have it change already made items). Much needed TC rework. My fav thing, breeding & mounted balance.....

If we get a lazy conversion to 1 character only the game will be broken. Imagine playing mo in its current state 1 character only. You wouldnt be able to do anything.

I'm just hoping we get another response sometime so we actually know whats going on and what to look forward to. Right now we are totally in the dark, its all speculation based off 1 post that sounds virtually impossible to accomplish in a reasonable amount of time.

If anyone is interested, the relevant part of SV public announcement to shareholders translated with google:

"Upgrading to Unreal Engine 4 is believed to provide a significantly better gaming experience that matches competing titles with large user bases of players. In connection with the change to the newer game engine, other adjustments of the game are also planned to be in the front edge of the game genre ("Mortal Online 2" or "MO2")."

Sounds more like a port or upgrade then a totally new game but that's one man's interpretation
That is what I have been saying the whole fucking time.

There is no fucking MO2, there never was, but in 2 to 3 years there might be a engine upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4

Everything else is just fantasy and daydreams of candy canes and unicorn wishes, the majority of whom don't play MO or are subbed

Last edited:
I sure hope its just a port and not most of the stuff in the MO2 post...
It won't be a port, it's technically impossible to do a 1:1 conversion. Only real thing you can do is export meshes and some other things from UE3 to UE4. You can theoretically upgrade engine code from UE3 to UE4, but you will have to make a lot of alterations and rebuild structure around the new engine code for UE4 - Which is far more time consuming than just starting from the beginning, so there's less trouble shooting involved, especially when trying to get old to work with new.

UE4 is fundamentally/structurally different, almost everything will have to be rebuilt or heavily modified(to a point it's better to rebuild completely, refer to aforementioned "old to work with new" statement above) to make MO2 on UE4 a reality. The world is going to have to be built from the ground up, networking is going to have to be rebuilt or heavily altered, systems will have to be rewrote, base code rebuilt, animations partial rebuild, art assets will have to be partially or completely redone due to new scaling and capabilities of UE4 etc

If MO2 actually happens and works, it's just a matter of SV getting the good parts of the Mortal Online experience, feel and theme, and building their game to make sure previous mistakes aren't relived.

From what I read, MO2 will be released pretty barebones and updated as it goes on(Similar to how MO was, barely anything at the start and updated overtime) - So basically MO2 will be in a content and rich environment state in a few years, if SV has learnt from the past as well as hire far more developers. Or we could possibly be looking at 10 years worth of development, like MO went through if they haven't learnt or hired more devs lol

Last edited:

Amelia

ok, seem that we are all agree that we need an official clarification from SV, on this:
MO2 will be a port or a brand new game ?

tyvm

Does SV has a plan for hiring more devs?
Does SV has a plan to get more money/investors? A kickstarter campaign perhaps?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
You forgot the most crucial one.

Does SV have a plan to make MO2 better than MO ?
In better I mean closer to the original vision and for my own hopeful bias more skillbased like MO CBT pre 09 christmas.

Makalis

Cuprum Supporter
Yes, They are hiring more people.

I hope it isnt just a port, there are some things seriously wrong with MO that need completely rebuilding from the ground up.

The transitions from land to water come to mind, worst i have ever experienced in a game before, so easy to get stuck etc. The combat is so janky and unresponsive it needs to flow better. Archery needs proper projectiles and leading of targets, obviously the AI is completely abysmal.

Im worried about 1 char per player mentality. I want to experience what the game can offer and not just a fraction of it. Otherwise i would probably get bored. I couldnt imagine how boring the game would be if all you had was a crafter to play on. I mean the game suffered with an awful economy for a long time and reducing the number of people that can craft isn't more likely to make that worse.

I hope it isnt just a port, there are some things seriously wrong with MO that need completely rebuilding from the ground up.

The transitions from land to water come to mind, worst i have ever experienced in a game before, so easy to get stuck etc. The combat is so janky and unresponsive it needs to flow better. Archery needs proper projectiles and leading of targets, obviously the AI is completely abysmal.

Im worried about 1 char per player mentality. I want to experience what the game can offer and not just a fraction of it. Otherwise i would probably get bored. I couldnt imagine how boring the game would be if all you had was a crafter to play on. I mean the game suffered with an awful economy for a long time and reducing the number of people that can craft isn't more likely to make that worse.
Henrik said that they will look into reworking the skill system so that one character can do what four characters did, they didn’t say how they would go about doing that but it is something they will try to do. Worst case scenario, I think they might just stick with four characters if they can’t find a viable way to get it all into just one character per account.

If they split combat and skilling trees they could at least fit 3/4 characters worth of skilling into 1 character without really breaking anything. A weapon armor bow crafter in one isnt that overkill. And then they could still leave the combat tree separate to make it less overkill. But more than 1100 primaries would be nice. But like if you had 2500 primaries you could put into combat it would be way too broken so it def needs a limit. But maybe 1300 primaries or making a lot more things secondary would be nice. Like making it easier to fit mounted combat riding and stuff on a foot fighter so you could do more than 1 thing on the build. Without making it some op fighter mc mage ma busted thing.