Mortal Online 2 Website is up

sunshiner

I agree although last time the game launched and there were 1000s of people online the servers basically shit themselves and it was an awful mess. Can MO really support 10k players at once probably not.

I remember sieges during the AQ war and seeing people warping in and out and getting hit by invisibles that hadn't loaded in and that was likely less than 500 players at once.
Fair point. I do hope that a combination of experience from MO1 and the fact that UE4 actually supports mmo type games without it being a polished "hackaround" will alleviate that to some extent.

MolagAmur

I just hope that the combat is TOO much different to where it doesn't even feel like Mortal.

I wonder if MO2 could become so popular that all us MO1 players would have to band together to control GK?

Wouldnt that be something.
Psh. Too many people hate each other in this community. I couldn't imagine it happening in a million years.

Tehmudjin

Hey so what about the minority of us that donated $1000 to MO1?

I get that it's a little entitled to think there would be any crossover benefits, but seeing as how the Steam launch of MO1 was kinda a flop, it would make a bit of sense to at least have a few to several year sub to MO2.
I was under the impression that lifetime subs carried over Since we use the same account.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Well they splitted the team for kittend and MR. They had a small team. I guess they hired more people for the MO2 Project since they have U4 Engine.
The last MO1 Big patch was the housing or elementalist im not sure? This is long time ago ...
Well if one is to believe the devs despite their shady past with promises and such not coming to life they had a separate group working on Kittend, and well MR is basically a copy paste MO to suit a BR game instead of MMO.
And yeah being so long ago, they must (in my mind) have done something productive seeing as no productivity was spent on MO the last years.
I just hope SV listens to the testers this time and doesn't just ignore most of their feedback.
Not only that but listen to the right crowd for the right problems. Meaning good PvPers for PvP, PvEers for PvE, crafters for crafting and so on.
Not like they did on MO where they listened to garbage PvPers regarding PvP balance and changes and such.
Don't forget about the side projects like the Kitten game.
Should be a separate group working on that according to Henrik and other devs.
Same here.
Hope they do a similar trailer for MO2.

Also, really should put more emphasis on the whole one server, actual mmo part. Right now the steampage kinda gives the impression that its another game in the vein of Conan, ark, rust etc. A bit of a shame
Part of that trailer is from combat beta test so I would guess they gonna launch a trailer or trailers from combat alpha while its ongoing or after its done and next testing stage arrives. Hopefully, as it would create hype if the game is good and stays good during and after test stages.

I get that it's a little entitled to think there would be any crossover benefits, but seeing as how the Steam launch of MO1 was kinda a flop, it would make a bit of sense to at least have a few to several year sub to MO2.
Oh hi there my good man, how you been ? I miss training and playing with you man. Hopefully MO2 gets good and we can go at it again!

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I just hope that the combat is TOO much different to where it doesn't even feel like Mortal.

Psh. Too many people hate each other in this community. I couldn't imagine it happening in a million years.
According to Henrik the combat will be a hybrid between MO and games such as AoC, Chiv and Mordhau. And especially alike to Mordhau with many elements from MO as some stuff about Mordhaus combat Henrik dont like.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead

The 1000$+ lifetime subs for MO1 will carry over to MO2.

Teknique

I wonder if MO2 could become so popular that all us MO1 players would have to band together to control GK?

Wouldnt that be something.
MO1 would be a sick guild name

sunshiner

Meaning good PvPers for PvP, PvEers for PvE, crafters for crafting and so on.
Not like they did on MO where they listened to garbage PvPers regarding PvP balance and changes and such.
Not sure I entirely agree with that. Listening only to the 'good' ones gives a skewed image. Everyone thinks they know the right way to balance stuff and are biased towards their own view and playstyle. Just look at how varied the opinions are even among the 'good' players in each category.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
fuck no its bullshit.
I'm going to go with "Herius is telling the truth and is not mistaken", for now, and disagree with you.

Bonus: It means you'll have @Diphrael with you in MO2.*

----
* No refunds, exchanges or substitutions.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Last edited:

Yeonan

Trial Member
We need a compendium of things henrik is saying in discord.

Lots of interesting tidbits

oykd

I'm going to go with "Herius is telling the truth and is not mistaken", for now, and disagree with you.

Bonus: It means you'll have @Diphrael with you in MO2.*

----
* No refunds, exchanges or substitutions.
read what he type...