Mortal Online 2 Website is up

deathshroud

Exalted Member
We need a compendium of things henrik is saying in discord.

Lots of interesting tidbits
Yea would love it if someone could post any new information here for everyone to discuss.

The 1000$+ lifetime subs for MO1 will carry over to MO2.
Will donator capes and loincloths carry over? Things are cool I'll feel really bad for my friend if his cape doesnt carry over lol...

Gronil

Oghmium Supporter
Will donator capes and loincloths carry over? Things are cool I'll feel really bad for my friend if his cape doesnt carry over lol...
Would also be nice if Ogh+ got conflux since we already donated more *cough* especially since I've donated more than 2 conflux packs and I know others here have as well.

That's INSANE! Above and beyond.... but i suppose 1k donation is also.. so it fits? lol

honestly i'm just very envious of both having 1k extra to spend and having a lifetime sub :(

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Not sure I entirely agree with that. Listening only to the 'good' ones gives a skewed image. Everyone thinks they know the right way to balance stuff and are biased towards their own view and playstyle. Just look at how varied the opinions are even among the 'good' players in each category.
How I view it is to not entirely listen to a axe user about axe balance for example but you listen to several good fighters about how to balance axes both some that use and some that fight against it as you said because of bias.
BUT listening to non PvPers that dont know anything about combat is horrible and how you get to unbalanced MO state, thats what SV did for years. Listening to bad PvPers makes the game easier as they want to become better without putting in the training.
True good PvPers SHOULD want balance and competitiveness in combat, true PvPers dont want to win because of gear or cheesing to win, thats the staple of trash PvPers.

For example for the longest time you would see me running about with greatblade while everyone and their mother used FOTMs and poles.
I view myself as a true PvPer, I rather want to overcome the edge others have against me which will be even more satisfying for when balance finally hits. You know if I can keep up with my chosen weapon against way better weapons when it then gets balanced I will simply become even more dangerous and good.

Problem with MO was that balance never came and eventually I caved because whats the point of handicapping yourself when a longer version of my own weapon hit harder, had longer reach and lower stam usage for years upon years it becomes pointless sticking to your guns. But I only caved by creating new characters with those weapons while I kept my chosen fave weapons on my main chars. Well except 1h thrusting blades since they got nerfed beyond the ground, but still during those times I stuck for weeks with thrusting blade while everyone and their mothers and grandmothers abused mercy daggers. But again it was pointless sticking to my guns as mercy daggers was so insanely better its not even funny and considering SV dont know anything about balance it never got fixed until both weapons got nerfed to uselessness.

But point is the experts are the ones who know the most about their chosen fields and gained their prowess through hard hours of training compared to bad users who want their gear to lift them to the level of hard workers.

oykd

How I view it is to not entirely listen to a axe user about axe balance for example but you listen to several good fighters about how to balance axes both some that use and some that fight against it as you said because of bias.
BUT listening to non PvPers that dont know anything about combat is horrible and how you get to unbalanced MO state, thats what SV did for years. Listening to bad PvPers makes the game easier as they want to become better without putting in the training.
True good PvPers SHOULD want balance and competitiveness in combat, true PvPers dont want to win because of gear or cheesing to win, thats the staple of trash PvPers.

For example for the longest time you would see me running about with greatblade while everyone and their mother used FOTMs and poles.
I view myself as a true PvPer, I rather want to overcome the edge others have against me which will be even more satisfying for when balance finally hits. You know if I can keep up with my chosen weapon against way better weapons when it then gets balanced I will simply become even more dangerous and good.

Problem with MO was that balance never came and eventually I caved because whats the point of handicapping yourself when a longer version of my own weapon hit harder, had longer reach and lower stam usage for years upon years it becomes pointless sticking to your guns. But I only caved by creating new characters with those weapons while I kept my chosen fave weapons on my main chars. Well except 1h thrusting blades since they got nerfed beyond the ground, but still during those times I stuck for weeks with thrusting blade while everyone and their mothers and grandmothers abused mercy daggers. But again it was pointless sticking to my guns as mercy daggers was so insanely better its not even funny and considering SV dont know anything about balance it never got fixed until both weapons got nerfed to uselessness.

But point is the experts are the ones who know the most about their chosen fields and gained their prowess through hard hours of training compared to bad users who want their gear to lift them to the level of hard workers.
yes yes yes this man shoud be on test tim :D

Teknique

This is how I know for certain i'm actually dead and/or in a simulation.

Also a funny thing is that every time they added something new it became way stronger than the existing version of it. New Imperator armor vs old medium armors (which are still useless because worse in every stat).
Or Cultist armor vs Khurite Scout.
Or adding new materials.
I love to use Ironbone for armors. Then Pansar Scales got added. They were better than every existent Scale, better than Ironbone, Molarium or Incisium in every stat. Weight was only slightly higher but doesn't really matter cause you can use them on medium armors, resulting in lighter and stronger armors.
I sticked for a long time to Ironbone untill finaly I wasn't able to compete with everyone because my heavy Halbard did less damage on average armor than a greatblade did on my armor.

The only two people in the game that have use for ironbone

1. Ariola
2. Your nearest vendor

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I should have been buying the lifetime subscription for MO1 at the very beginning! Meanwhile I'm paying much more during the 9 1/2 years subscription time.

And btw meanwhile my account shows end of subscription in April 2120!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I get the distinct feeling that you didn't read what he said,
read what he type...
or you would be agreeing with Herius.
Did you read this?
0024.JPG

Do you get it now?
Can you?
0025.JPG

I'm done with your problem.

We need a compendium of things henrik is saying in discord.

Lots of interesting tidbits
As you might have guessed by now, I have one.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I know you asked him this in Discord, but Henrik didn't answer right away. Later, he did address this:

0051.JPG

0131.JPG

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Shit Henrik Says about MO2, part II.

6:09 AM Henrik: Sure has been quiet for a long time so it's quite understandable. We been very busy working.

SaulGoodMan: Yes you must be working very busy for 8 months! and no update

Pwnobbypure: does this mean MO2 is coming sooner than expected?

Henrik: Indeed, a lot has changed, we went from a small to a medium team, so there's been a lot of demand on all of us to handle the new setup during these months, and we want to deliver Mortal Online the best possible way, second chance we will make use of all knowledge and experience from old MO.

MO2 wont just be a graphical update, its a new game really, but the same universe, just a different timeline.

--Well, it all depends upon what you mean by "sooner than expected" :) We have two deadlines, feels around the corner, one is the Beta stage, then the release persistent phase.

--Well, since it's a diff. timeline, there will be an ending of the first into the second, in which means you can bring some "power/value" into MO2, im afraid I cant still be more detailed in this yet though.

--We are done with the 'noob' island, 'cept some of the systems that keeps it from going live still, but also the plan is to release this soon.
(Note: this was before Haven release, obviously.)

6:15 AM Henrik
We will reveal MO2 to the public when we are done with some internal milestones, and there will be more ads for when we release for sure.

--Yeah, Code team has been busy, so they have kept the patch from going live, while the art side is done with their part.

--We will look over all possible servers again for MO2 location, and also the support of splitting locations up i`n game to world servers.

(Will the map design be any different?)

--`We release with Myrland only, and it will be larger, closer to the
intended shape and size which old tech limited us with

--So it will look a bit different and be much more polished, and larger.
--But as a mo vet, you will find your way to the diff. locations, but there will be new areas in between, and new interesting locations, forests will now be forests, for instance.

Henrik: --We plan to have a larger player base, ...which means we will (require) more land, as we won't go instanced or multiple servers.

--And the game focus on a real living world with player interaction
and control, which means, players will need space for sure.

Rasaki: will there be a change in how node lines work on the new engine?
...the island seemed to be one huge node, but was it on the new engine when herius streamed?

6:40 AM Henrik: That was the old engine.
--We will show the new game soon, so you can see the difference.

7:22 AM Henrik: Ships later.

--When we have the persistent version released, we may offer some main features for you to vote on ...which we focus on in our continued development. We start with the core and want to perfect that first, then adding features over time to be sure the game is stable and works well.
----
Notes:
Some of this is known, by most, but people seem to arrive back here to check up on MO every day, and it may be new to them, so we don't try too hard to guess what to leave in.
Includes Shit Seb Says and Shit Herius Says.
Starts on or about 2019-09-18.
Some spelling & punctuation or grammar corrected; some not. Words that had to be guessed at (in parentheses).
Some repetitions not included-- Henrik answered several questions twice or more times in ways that did not substantially differ-- and no context for answers given where it was felt that none was needed.
Timestamps left in intermittently.
Some questions are not credited because it was felt that

a) those who asked them would recognise the fact-- this is only a partial transcript, focusing on what Devs said, and the original text still exists on Discord for reference;
b) no-one would care who asked questions of general interest, nor-- for the most part-- what the comments were.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Shit Henrik Says about Mortal Online 2, part II, continued:

124 AM (next day) <Some Troll>: @ Henrik to me the fact nothing is being released makes me
think your working on a whole lot of nothing

Henrik: ...it works the opposite, we are all focused on one major
thing,
-- If we show other things than MO2 we are not working hard enough,
Henrik: Noob island is the big thing for M01 and it will move over to MO2 so we dont work on it in vain.

--We will announce our public roadmap when we are done with our first milestone in which we put things public

7:25 AM Henrik: Well, we have come a long way with MO2, we use the core network and a lot of features from MO1, Myrland is being recreated, and some of the core issues and features are being rebuilt.

--Its not that we start from scratch, then it would be years away.

--We knew we would want to move over to UE4 eventually

--well for starters the obvious such as AI

--whole new gui and interaction to make it smooth and modern

--We will use all knowledge from the past game's features that were
good and bad to refine it into MO2

--We won't start with all features either, we start with the core and make the core as perfect as we can.

--We may also let you guys pick which second area we should add next next to our own plan.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Shit Henrik Says about Mortal Online 2, part II, feat. @Sebastian Persson :

2:28 AM Henrik: We just need the character system, skill and combat systems to be solid and stable, and it will fit the new visual level, the world and cities nicely put togheter, a proper AI and persistent game play.

--From there, we will have tons of features to add over time

--We start with Myrland only

(Can we get each continent have certain different resources so trade be cool?)

Henrik: There will be diff. pros and cons on every continent.

9:46 AM: (When do I reserve my character name?)

19:46 AM FarmerJoe: You will get an email when we get closer to that.

9:46 AM FarmerJoe: It will be sometime into the closed alpha

9:47 AM Sakers: Give big streamers free keys.

9:42 AM FarmerJoe: Maybe not for combat alpha.

9:52 AM FarmerJoe: We plan to update MO1 again, yes. @Cain

FarmerJoe: It's a long time before MO2 is as feature full as M01.

(Will there be any race balance / (changes?))

FarmerJoe: Yes

9:55 AM [SLAV]Nyarus: Will I still be able to be a dominator in MO2?

9:55 AM FarmerJoe: Who knows!
--Most likely not starting out no.

FarmerJoe: We are doing it again, like Disney, buildling it up again

--Things will be patched in with feature patches just like M01, one at a time, when what feature is added can change tho'.

(hey seb if u want real tests done in the alpha pm me a key)

9:57 AM FarmerJoe: Can't just PM keys, there will be giveaways here and on twitter, and through the newsletters
-- FarmerJoe: That's not at all a scam to just get you to follow everything we have.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
9:58 AM Henrik: Grab a key from site before it's full

(When will alpha be available?)

9:58 AM FarmerJoe: There's literally a timer on the site.
====
Date jumps to about Dec 11, 2019
====
10:01 AM Henrik: When mo2 goes live persistent mo1 shuts down.

--Not sure exactly when mo2 goes persistent.

(Any chance u guys decided to drop the 4x larger world thing?)

10:03 AM FarmerJoe: That... we...
no
not really.

10:03 AM Henrik: We will reveal more info regarding race changes for mo2.

--We want deeper char development and more use of them all.

10:04 AM Henrik: U can get life time for mo2 it's the mol life time packages.
Henrik: Those should transfer over.
--But all big life time packages for MO is for both.

(I was promised boats and horse carriages.)

10:07 AM Henrik: ...some major systems planned for mo1 may come into mo2 instead.

Henrik: We have gone through all weapons and armors and remade them all, (to) make more use of them and a proper list of them (with) well thought out pieces.

(Will there be a better free to play system?)

10:08 AM Henrik: But yeah we will remain with the same resources.

Henrik: It won't be free to play

--No micro transactions to ruin the gaming experience.

10:20 AM Henrik: ... the one char system is a big change and ur char will have much more depth and options.
--Yes u can be a crafter on ur fighter.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
(@Henrik have you personally swung a weap in MO2 test?)

10:11 AM Henrik: Yes I have.
--It's not where it should be yet but damn it looks good.

(Is this one character per player idea set in stone or is it possible to be changed at some point during production?)

Henrik: ... it's now more designed for one character per account.

10:12 AM Henrik We saw the issues with spamming characters due to skill system limitations.
--We will improve that now.

(Secure your stuff please
--Our stuff....)

10:12 AM Henrik: Lots of time has been spent in that field.

Steinerr: Need the hall of shame ASAP.

Henrik: Hall of Shame, yeah.

Henrik: ... no fast travel. We invest more in locations, transportation,
and tactics and demand in such fields.
--A quick travel ruins that.

(Has Mats Persson been consulted in any of this?)

10:16 AM Henrik: ... we monitor players and what they do and don't like in MO.

10:16 AM Henrik: Mats was one of the first to hear about MO2.

(Has SV gone back into the forums and studied my feedback?)

10:17 AM Henrik ... we studied the players' actions over along period.
--What works-- what doesn't-- what's fun-- what isn't.

(Is the murdercount system still going to be exactly the same?)

10:18 AM Henrik: We intend to improve that.
--...it's not going to be the same system.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
10:19 AM Henrik: If everyone complains about or never uses something we intended then it's no good.

(So we're getting a 2025 release?)

Henrik: No, no; we will see the state in (combat) alpha, then we reach the persistent states, and go from there.

10:21 AM Henrik: Pve will be greatly rebuilt.

--Ai and pve are in a low state in MO1; it's important for this kind of game, so we are investing a lot in that field for MO2.

10:23 AM Henrik: ...we are looking at a big rebuild of TC that doesn't allow walling all over the world.

12:48 AM Vetian: @Henrik add a title and or cloak for early supporters

12:49 PM Henrik: Yeah maybe we can add that @Vetian

12:52 PM Henrik: @SleepySir we plan to transfer the capes to mo2 but redesigned to fit the new art level.

--We push the art to an extreme level kinda how we did with MO many years ago-- nowadays, though, as you know the competition visually is very high but I'm very proud of the hard work we invested in reaching this level.

(Did you revamp classes?)

12:55 PM Henrik: We will work a lot on the races; we won't have classes.

(That wealth transfer is a big one.)

12:56 PM Henrik: Will address that a bit further ahead
--The details that is.
--We won't transfer direct gold. We have a "logic" transition from MO to MO2.

12:58 PM Henrik: Veterans will have veterans' points
--That's the plan.

12:59 PM Henrik: There are some details we need to cover until we know for sure what we can announce regarding veteran points and current wealth.

Henrik: But ofc curious to see what people think about what we shared so far.

(So the landscape, trees, characters, everything from the teaser is actual ingame graphics, right?)

2:15 PM Henrik: @Goltarion (@Golt) everything you see from teaser will be in game, yes.

(Is elementalism and necro gonna be there right away?)

Henrik: No the schools will be implemented one at a time.
--Same schools but with some changes in how they work and look.

1:19 PM Henrik: So one character per account requires a change in the skill system.
--You will have more skill points and there will be some spec reg for skills and spells which lets you design your char in a more complex way.

Henrik: So you could be a fully fledged crafter in a specific field, but also a fully fledged warrior for instance in a field.

--it's not just more skill points; they have different pools.

(So there's still specialization?)

Henrik: That's part of our game design: you should interact and trade with others, not learn and do it all on your own on one character.
--Combat is only one field of many.
--Of course, combat needs to be good-- and it will be.

1:29 PM Henrik: I can tell you that Mordhau took their system from us via another
game years ago. Just focused more on it and dedicated the game on combat only and none(of our?) MMO scale. However, this time we can improve a lot of that so you will recognize a lot from Mordhau in MO2.