Mortal Online Map - New Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhan

Honored Member

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
I was talking to few new players and they were saying if there was grids on map it would be easier to find things.

So you could say we are grid A6 they would know what general location we are at

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
I was talking to few new players and they were saying if there was grids on map it would be easier to find things.

East of Mtn. Pointy, dammit!

Necromantic

I will tell AI to revise it and make it pixel perfect so we can all be more precise so then you can say you are on point (17.534,245647; -5.357,235125; 465,246858) elevation is after all important so you know where to look exactly! And since the Z axis is height in UE you'll also have to adapt to that. :p
Honestly that map still has a lot of guesstimation on it (especially the Sarducaa one) not sure how well that would work with grids. Usually relative terms like Kha-Ri used work best because the human brain has an easier time relating information to other information. With a grid you start to base your coordination completely around the created map instead of known parts of the map.

While I'm here: I think at this point promoting the dead channel on the dead IRC network is just completely bad. People join it and then have monologues with themselves, maybe someone will respond at some point in between but that's more of a rarity and most people don't stick around for that long. Most people in there are constantly idle, if they are not just bots or bouncers to begin with. It just discourages people from using any IRC efforts at all. It basically gives them a bad example of official support or any community activity. Heck there isn't even any Star Vault management going on in there anymore, it's been abandoned and left to die.

Nynx

Trial Member
Living in Sarducaa for a while now, I'm noticing several things that I positioned wrong on the map. Just haven't had time to work on it.

Hopefully they will update chronicles soon with an "official" outline of SD. That will make things a lot easier.

Has the area in the south west corner of the original continent changed? I just started playing after like 2 years of not playing and it seems to be pretty inconsistent with the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.