Mortal Online Map - New Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromantic

So why again was the AI insignia removed from the map AI made?

Because it was instead added to the bottom of the website, permanently. Spoke with AI before.
It's a very nice text credit you have at the bottom of the page, but it's not the insignia removed from the map to a different place -- to be precise-- it's a text credit.

We'll pray you don't alter it any further.

Thread starter #105

slyy

It's a very nice text credit you have at the bottom of the page, but it's not the insignia removed from the map to a different place -- to be precise-- it's a text credit.
The text credit is always visible where as the insignia wasn't, only when you zoomed out and scrolled down. The original reason was because the insignia cut off at the edge of the viewing area and looked horribly jaggy when scaled in flash.

We'll pray you don't alter it any further.
Hope to see AI busy when the new continent comes :p

Thread starter #106

slyy

Small Update:

Honestly its a great map and a very helpful tool!. I just hate the marker feature is just a propaganda tool, if they removed it I would use the map and suggest it to others.
http://www.mortalonlinemap.info/basic

Just a quick 5 minute job to create a version free from all the "propaganda" concerns. This link will load the map without any of the battle marker stuff, sound and taskbar alerts. Trade markers and territory will still be visible.

Zarothan

awesome to see that waffle removed !
will the version with the 'propaganda' still be up and linked though ?

Thread starter #108

slyy

Small Updates:

- You can now report a comment. Users with many of their comments reported will be disabled.
- If you mouse over a marker in the event list it will now show how many comments it has

Last 2 months:

Check out mortalonlinemap.info/timeline for a more detailed timelapse version!

i like the timelapse feature, just a small issue, some of the markers bug out and show locations like gaul kor and kranesh

example:
http://puu.sh/8QYwW.jpg
you can't see my mouse but it's over that marker by twin rocks

it's not that big of a deal, you just don't get the preview, it still shows the right marker comments when you click it

another thing, i just paused, skipped ahead manually and the markers disappear

is there a way to see archived markers?

Thread starter #110

slyy

i like the timelapse feature, just a small issue, some of the markers bug out and show locations like gaul kor and kranesh

example:
http://puu.sh/8QYwW.jpg
you can't see my mouse but it's over that marker by twin rocks

it's not that big of a deal, you just don't get the preview, it still shows the right marker comments when you click it

another thing, i just paused, skipped ahead manually and the markers disappear

is there a way to see archived markers?
Thanks for feedback! Will make a note and fix these when I'm next on it :p Pause then skip ahead for me does not make the markers disappear though. Were you perhaps near the current date? And I'm on firefox what about you!

Archived markers are few and far between since no one really uses the voting system. For this reason I have not bothered to make an archived marker list thing, but when I get some time I could manually archive some legit looking ones and create this new page.

Thanks for feedback! Will make a note and fix these when I'm next on it :p Pause then skip ahead for me does not make the markers disappear though. Were you perhaps near the current date? And I'm on firefox what about you!

Archived markers are few and far between since no one really uses the voting system. For this reason I have not bothered to make an archived marker list thing, but when I get some time I could manually archive some legit looking ones and create this new page.
i'm on firefox aurora, i was looking at around july or august 2013, on a second look of that time frame it looks like there's only 2 markers so it was most likely just my imagination that it wasn't showing any

Mattk50

Cool timeline feature. Would prefer if it included the territory maps as they change rather than just towers under attack

Thread starter #113

slyy

Cool timeline feature. Would prefer if it included the territory maps as they change rather than just towers under attack
Thanks. I would prefer that too so about 8 months ago I started recording all territory control data once per day. In a few more months I will hook this data into the timeline so you can see as the territory changes.

im not necroing

Thread starter #115

slyy

Sadly the map and guild websites I host will be down for an unknown time while I work on the server.

kenvic1

Gold Supporter
Great work slyy, mo would not be the same without your map.

Starvault give slyy a prize, maybe a special title or cloak designed by slyy for the work he has done.:)

Thread starter #117

slyy

Great work slyy, mo would not be the same without your map.

Starvault give slyy a prize, maybe a special title or cloak designed by slyy for the work he has done.:)
Hahah thanks :oops: I wasn't even allowed a forum title though so I doubt anything else is on the table

PS - Map and other websites are back online

Thread starter #119

slyy

How do I add these to the map so others can see them?
That feature doesn't exist anymore, if I get the time I could make it again. For now if you want to contribute to creatures or resources, make a private map of them then link it to me in a PM :) thx

I looks like the map website is down for about a day now. I don't know if it is down and gone though. Anyone have any more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.