Thread starter #1

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Homepage:
https://mortalroyale.com/

Press message (Swedish):
http://starvault.se/pressmeddelanden/Pressrelease Royale 20180809.pdf

We just announced that we are indeed doing a spin-off royale version of Mortal Online using the current tech.
If you have questions or concerns about this please post them here and I will try give you as much info as I can/am allowed to.
Please note that this is all work in progress still so some of this information might change. I'm not as involved in this as I am in MO so I might also just be.. wrong.

Thank you!
<3<3

FAQ:
Q: Will we be bringing our existing toons or will it be a seperate game?
A: It's a separate game. You login using your steam account.

Q:How is character creation going to work?
A: Currently you start the game and get to customize your character freely. All races combinations are purely for looks no caps are used and all stats are maxed out to 120 when you start the game.

Q: How long has this been in the works?
A: Pre-production several months ago not sure when the first lines of code were written.

Q: Will the game be a roundbased fighter like most royale games or will it act like a miniature Mortal Online kind of like Conan Exiles, Ark etc with a touch of sandbox.
A: It will be round-based.

Q: Will the game support separate servers or is it only 1 server like MO
A: There will be several dedicated servers.

Q: Will this grind development on mortal to a halt ?
A: It should not impact it much at all we are still planning that new beginner island just like before.

Q: Will it include magic and pets? Or strictly melee/archery?
A: Currently it contains magic and mounts but mounts can not be used to attack they are only for movement.

Q: How many players per match?
A: Current setup is dynamic so you don't need to fill the server to start the match the server changes settings depending on how many players. We are aiming to have the roof of that to be above 1000 players.

Q: Will it be on steam?
A: Current plan is that it will ONLY be on steam. You login with your steam account and steams handles stats etc. This way we avoid building that whole back end.

Last edited:
Interesting, I think it's a good decision Seb. I've been saying for a while now, we need to strip mortal down and build something else.
A concern I have is this will divide the player-base, further killing the server. Then again the sweet release of death might be just what MO needs, so that a phoenix can rise from the ashes.
I hope you consult and think-tank the MO playerbase,and as always, keep up the good work mate.

I'm very impressed
This is a very good idea
At the moment, there is nothing like the mechanics of bladed weapons, magic, and mounted combat
Running forward, it would be nice to see the games on the rating
thank you Star Vault

Will the game be a roundbased fighter like most royale games or will it act like a miniature Mortal Online kind of like Conan Exiles, Ark etc with a touch of sandbox.
also
Will the game support separate servers or is it only 1 server like MO

Thread starter #12

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Will the game be a roundbased fighter like most royale games or will it act like a miniature Mortal Online kind of like Conan Exiles, Ark etc with a touch of sandbox.
also
Will the game support separate servers or is it only 1 server like MO
Responded in FAQ

Will this grind development of mortal to a halt (slower than its already been) or will we see patches consistently like the one recently posted ? MO still needs a relaunch on steam after some more polish , don’t give up cuz you guys made a huge mistake with security !

Will it be on steam ? If so , will we see it enter alpha in two weeks (the timer on the mortal Royale page) or will it be beta ,
Full release etc ?

Thread starter #18

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member

Cerq0

Homepage:
https://mortalroyale.com/

Press message (Swedish):
http://starvault.se/pressmeddelanden/Pressrelease Royale 20180809.pdf

We just announced that we are indeed doing a spin-off royale version of Mortal Online using the current tech.
If you have questions or concerns about this please post them here and I will try give you as much info as I can/am allowed to.
Please note that this is all work in progress still so some of this information might change. I'm not as involved in this as I am in MO so I might also just be.. wrong.

Thank you!
<3<3

FAQ:
Q: Will we be bringing our existing toons or will it be a seperate game?
A: It's a separate game. You login using your steam account.

Q:How is character creation going to work?
A: Currently you start the game and get to customize your character freely. All races combinations are purely for looks no caps are used and all stats are maxed out to 120 when you start the game.

Q: How long has this been in the works?
A: Pre-production several months ago not sure when the first lines of code were written.

Q: Will the game be a roundbased fighter like most royale games or will it act like a miniature Mortal Online kind of like Conan Exiles, Ark etc with a touch of sandbox.
A: It will be round-based.

Q: Will the game support separate servers or is it only 1 server like MO
A: There will be several dedicated servers.

Q: Will this grind development on mortal to a halt ?
A: It should not impact it much at all we are still planning that new beginner island just like before.

Q: Will it include magic and pets? Or strictly melee/archery?
A: Currently it contains magic and mounts but mounts can not be used to attack they are only for movement.

Q: How many players per match?
A: Current setup is dynamic so you don't need to fill the server to start the match the server changes settings depending on how many players. We are aiming to have the roof of that to be above 1000 players.

Q: Will it be on steam?
A: Current plan is that it will ONLY be on steam. You login with your steam account and steams handles stats etc. This way we avoid building that whole back end.
Will you revert blocking back from this braindead 90 degree angle?

Will there be falldamage?

Will there be swimming?

Will you be able to que as a group?

Will there be gear crutching?

Will there be necro skills (and DKs)?

Can i be a hybrid?