Mortal Royale

grendel

alright alright…. signed up. But only cause kittends is vr and I dont have vr.

Only those who have actually been playing Mortal Online, not those who have just been haunting the forums all that time
Having pets do your PvP for you, and watching an extraction timer for 100s of hours, isn't playing the game my dude.

Having pets do your PvP for you, and watching an extraction timer for 100s of hours, isn't playing the game my dude.
I agree 100%

But not subbed to the game and not playing the game for many years is definitely at the top of the list.

Simply haunting the forums for many years doesn't count as a decade-old player

Thread starter #187

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
I have played this game a very long time as well, and put in two of my emails. Still no reply.

Also a massive let down that that countdown time led into a CLOSED ALPHA. I was very excited to get home from work and give it a try yesterday.
They aren't ready for alpha just yet. You are in the system now thou

Hayasa

Honored Member
I signed up

I agree 100%

But not subbed to the game and not playing the game for many years is definitely at the top of the list.

Simply haunting the forums for many years doesn't count as a decade-old player
People who helped fund the game during beta, and during the very early stages of release, through all the major expansions - subbing multiple accounts for over half a decade, spending $1000+ should = Reserve alpha slot.

It's not like these people are the reason MO had continued funding through it's toughest phases of development. A lot of these old players like Molag above, still play from time to time.

The only reservation on this I feel is for this trailer. Guys, come on.
Theres 5 or 6 ppl sleeping in the first 40 secconds. Someones holding a demon glaive backwards, obvious npc behaviors. Standing completely still "fighting" people. Its just so atrociously... bad.
Legitimately, with no malignant intent, the trailers make mortal look so much worse than all of its other blemishes.
Maybe, host a community cinematic competition? Theres some really talented people in this community. I'm 100% positive we could make something better.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Theres 5 or 6 ppl sleeping in the first 40 secconds. Someones holding a demon glaive backwards, obvious npc behaviors. Standing completely still "fighting" people. Its just so atrociously... bad.
Legitimately, with no malignant intent, the trailers make mortal look so much worse than all of its other blemishes.
Maybe, host a community cinematic competition? Theres some really talented people in this community. I'm 100% positive we could make something better.
Agreed. And give the winner a free month sub.

@Kalistair

No prize really required honestly, just have the community vote for whos video so it's completely out of dev hands.

Signed up. Though I had to prove I wasn't a robot in Swedish. Took a few tries but finally got it. Lol...
In the end, all you proved was that you were not a Swedish robot?
The Captcha shouldnt be in swedish. Last I checked the majority of people on the internet cant speak swedish lol.

At the same time tho this means significantly reduced dev time. So if the game flops it wasnt as much of a waste of time. And if its good it helps sv and mo sooner. And by being the same world will help to interest people more in MO.
It's not entirely (emphasis on that word) the same world, though.

What is the same? The tired old visuals of Mortal Online are not a great selling point. The animations and the terrain, as well as the other optics, are the things in Mortal Royale that are most entirely like MO.

Last edited:
Agreed, this trailer has some issues, the NPC's in fab were especially cringe worthy. We need to not repeat the mistakes of the past, AAA quality all the way. We have a few really good editors on this forum, maybe they can help? Not that the current trailer doesn't have any redeemable qualities, the magic and freeze frame opening was really cool.
@Vaith
@Komodor
@finegamingconnoisseur

IMO new NPC animations with different weaponry should be on the agenda for the near future. It's all very robotic and clunky to be honest. Shouldn't be too hard to use current rigging for newer animations, the one directional static attack animation is awful.
I'm sure lots of people could take quality footage for you in the next trailer too, we just need MR access...:p;)

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Only those who have actually been playing Mortal Online, not those who have just been haunting the forums all that time
And here I am, still more relevant and accomplished than you. I wish this game would become good again...but that's not up to me.

Last edited:
And here I am, still more relevant and accomplished than you. I wish this game would become good again...but that's not up to me.
Relevant, how?

Accomplished, in what way?

You are nobody whos claim to fame is you stole the Omni guild tag because they were more relevant and accomplished at running it than you.

And you haven't really play since and are completely clueless on the current state of the game.

I have played since the beginning and continue to do so today, you are a ghost of something that never was, a legend in your own mind.

MolagAmur

Relevant, how?

Accomplished, in what way?

You are nobody whos claim to fame is you stole the Omni guild tag because they were more relevant and accomplished at running it than you.

And you haven't really play since and are completely clueless on the current state of the game.

I have played since the beginning and continue to do so today, you are a ghost of something that never was, a legend in your own mind.
:eek: