Mortal Royale

I try to say:

The MO has been a great game but its mechanics in relation to territorial control have failed and caused irreparable damage to the game.

EVERYTHING in the MO revolves around the guilds. If you want the guilds to be united and active you must give them reasons to fight for the land and create a kingdom.

If having a castle and lands under your control does not benefit any benefit ... what is the meaning of territorial control?

I've been talking about this for years.

It is not about making TC structures cheaper or more attractive.

It is about giving a total turn to territorial control.

Example:

A guild plant control towers from its castle and occupies land with spots of saburra, brown wood or granum.
All guild members can get those resources 50% faster on their land when they farm.

Another example:

The imperial hall is created in Tindrem. The guild that dominates the city and has access to the imperial throne (a dungeon) can impose taxes on all the citizens of Myrland. In this way, political drama, struggle for power etc ... will be generated

Right now only the tepra spot in the north has any political and honest meaning, not even.

From a motive to houses to own land. But there will be no politics. Without politics and fighting for Mylrand there will be no drama or fun. Without wars and drama there will be no business for bankers and traders. And everyone will migrate to other fucking games like LIFE is Feudal.

Myrland is deserted. It's NOT because the game is old. IT IS BECAUSE YOUR MECHANICS HAVE FAILED ..

Please understand this or the MO will die.

Nobody wants or needs the Mortal Royale. I feel a lot of respect and consideration for you Sebastian, but please, try to understand. The MR is the biggest nonsense that has been taken out of the Starvault hat. Use the money from the subs in giving a total change to the game and save it.

They should listen to the community, especially the veterans. Sometimes I do not even know how there are still players in the MO. It is a miracle.

New ideas, please.

I disagree with the statement that MR is a bad idea.

If they do things right then not only could it provide a little income but it could also be used to raise awareness of MO and its lore.

This is different than the kittened game because it will have the MORTAL brand. They can use the MR game like an advertisement for MO. It could be seen like a video for MORTAL on youtube that introduces a person to MO. The only difference is that it is a game in itself and it is listed on the new page of Steam where players are looking for something different to play.

Nobody wants or needs the Mortal Royale. I feel a lot of respect and consideration for you Sebastian, but please, try to understand. The MR is the biggest nonsense that has been taken out of the Starvault hat. Use the money from the subs in giving a total change to the game and save it.
Its more like a relaunch on steam... They release a new game and a newb island patch. They gonna have more vision on Steam I guess. I dont think it gonna help in long therm view because I already see it on another videogame name <Of king and men> that you could do 100vs100. But after 1 month it was impossible to play it because there was not enough player. Mortal Online barely get 100 player now so ...idk man it look like a risky move.

Small BR with 20 player look like a safer move.

So its pretty much to have more player on mortal online but in same time if people LOVE mortal royale and they see they can make money with it.... well why not.

MolagAmur

We are looking at no nodes at this moment.
If the 1000 player deal doesn't workout, which no offense I don't think it will, it would be interesting to make matches on one node with fewer players. Or even maybe 4 node squares with fewer players?

Im sure the idea the team has now is fine...but surely it isn't going to be the entire map of Myrland? That would take forever.

With the release of MR we can even recruit players from MR to MO, they gonna be instant pvpers even if they've never touched MO.
If there's ever gonna be an Asian server u guys know what's gonna happen.. Just take a look at Life is Feudal.. ;)

Interesting Idea, not really sure how well it will work though.

Will Mortal Royale take place across all of nave or will it be sectioned off areas? will sarducca be an alternate map?

IMO MO should play to its strengths and change up the battle royale mechanic. Have everyone start naked with all skills, have them gather and craft their equipment but speed up the gather considerably. Remember how it worked in beta where you just gave recourses to an npc? do that. You could mine and craft a steel set in about 10-15 minutes. Remove time sink mehcanics like butchery refining etc...

Have banks that you can use to save items you craft between games but limit the space considerably.

As for character creation have players choose race, choose where to spend their points in attributes.

Include basic survival mechanics like eating and drinking.

no safe zones obviously

Close gates to Tindrem

Each race should have a unique ability to further separate the races.

Valhalo

Trial Member
What happens when the countdown reaches 0?
Will you make a new map or use Nave?
When will Mortal Royal Mobile be released?

Thread starter #171

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
If the 1000 player deal doesn't workout, which no offense I don't think it will, it would be interesting to make matches on one node with fewer players. Or even maybe 4 node squares with fewer players?

Im sure the idea the team has now is fine...but surely it isn't going to be the entire map of Myrland? That would take forever.
1000 players in one match is the MAX amount of players not the required amount of players for a match to start.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
I'm a bit disappointed. It's just MO without PVE. Same map, same visuals, everything looks the same

What happens when the countdown reaches 0?
Will you make a new map or use Nave?
When will Mortal Royal Mobile be released?
Is the game launching when the countdown reaches zero? I'm taking the afternoon off to download and play, gonna be a bit disappointed if it is just a teaser.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Is the game launching when the countdown reaches zero? I'm taking the afternoon off to download and play, gonna be a bit disappointed if it is just a teaser.
just a teaser and signs for closed beta

Signed up. Though I had to prove I wasn't a robot in Swedish. Took a few tries but finally got it. Lol...

Jatix

The Captcha shouldnt be in swedish. Last I checked the majority of people on the internet cant speak swedish lol.

I'm a bit disappointed. It's just MO without PVE. Same map, same visuals, everything looks the same
At the same time tho this means significantly reduced dev time. So if the game flops it wasnt as much of a waste of time. And if its good it helps sv and mo sooner. And by being the same world will help to interest people more in MO.