MortalMapOnline.info Down! Fix it for the Mortal Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyy

Like the thread saids ^^^
Had to buy new hosting and transfer everything - it should be back to normal later today!
Edit - Website is back online and working normally

@StarVault, please disallow the access to the internal database by the online map! I don't want to see automatic "tower under attack" messages on the map as long as there is no world wide chat message.
Tower lost messages only show upto 10 minutes after they are gone now, not while they are under attack. This data was granted to my website years ago but it is not a direct connection - you see everything the data shows on the map. Considering some guilds have the same thing privately without being granted access, I think a completely public version is a good thing.

Surprise, if the website's owner's guild starts a siege, the map goes into offline mode.
I find this really offensive and it has never happened like that. Got any examples?

Thread starter #22

Bopkasen

Pocket, please do the right thing for the Mortal Online community.

Had to buy new hosting and transfer everything - it should be back to normal later today!
Edit - Website is back online and working normally

Tower lost messages only show upto 10 minutes after they are gone now, not while they are under attack. This data was granted to my website years ago but it is not a direct connection - you see everything the data shows on the map. Considering some guilds have the same thing privately without being granted access, I think a completely public version is a good thing.

I find this really offensive and it has never happened like that. Got any examples?
Instead, just says you apologize and that it won't be taken down again. Everybody shake hand! Ok?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
There only a message when tower is down not when taking damage,has it not been change like that recently?

Nevertheless,I think it is stupid that people know when any structure takes damage while not even being there
Especially people to whom the structure does not belong.

And I like Pockets and trust him a lot, but should we be in this situation where we have to trust one person? What if one day it's not him running such a thing any longer?

slyy

should we be in this situation where we have to trust one person?
Thats the thing, other people use that data too - I'm just the only one to make my work public. Tbh if the feed was removed completely it wouldn't be that bad. The only thing the map does for towers now, is save you the inconvenience of finding out what was in the blank spot. Don't really need much trust involved for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.