New Dev Blog from Paratus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Read the original here.
Hello everybody!

It's been a short while since the release of Awakening, and we at Star Vault have been really busy squashing bugs and getting the game to a good state. Everything's starting to fall into place now, and we're about to get down to the exciting stuff.

We wanted to let you all know where we stand now and where we're heading in the very immediate future. I'm not going to talk about our distant plans, since stuff happens and plans can change, but instead what we'll be doing soon.

Now, before I get into what you're going to be seeing soon I need to make it very clear that we're not going to stop our focus on bug fixing. That's still number one for us. That said we have some cool things on the horizon; we're going to be patching these in one at a time over a relatively quick timespan (as quick as a team the size of ours can work).

After a community forum thread got us thinking about a donation system, we've decided to run with it. Very soon we'll be opening up a new section on our website allowing you to contribute to Mortal Online's development outside standard subscriptions. It'll work something like Kickstarter does, only we'll be handling it on our own. You'll receive cool perks for donating. The more you wish to donate the more you'll receive. We'll unveil just what these things are shortly, but we will NEVER introduce anything that will give you an advantage in the game. We're talking cosmetic and just simply cool things here.

One of the reason we decided to go with this now is that the system in place for it is also required for veteran rewards. So, those are on the horizon now. They're coming fairly soon.

We have some very cool features coming up, too. Without going into too much detail, we're going to be introducing a new system that is designed to acoomplish two things.
First, it will give newbies a better idea of what to do next after completing the very short tutorial already in place. In addition to helping newbies determine their direction, it'll also provide some new character development options for our veterans.

Finally, we want you to know we're well aware of Mortal Online's need for more casual gameplay options but it's important that these casual elements don't take away from the current game at all.

The solution coming soon? Arena combat! The Tindrem Arena is going to be opening in a big way. Players will be able to fight and/or place bets in organized battles. You can join in on small fights or large battles, with friends or against them.

When you join a fight you will receive equipment from the arena so that you can battle casually while risking your coin by gambling.

This an extremely exciting time for Mortal Online. We have some big stuff on the table that I can't mention just yet, too. Things are about to get crazy around here and I can't wait for it!

/Paratus
Some really interesting information in this dev blog. Xhodan should be happy.

Incarnadine

*ahem* weapon balances *ahem*...

Or do we like GB online?

PoeX

Silver Supporter
I hope the arena is accessible to reds and you don't have to run through 50 guards to get there and then get Thunderbolted to death and /ragequit

sunshiner

A good read, nice with a little update
total change of topic, but anyone know the price of books, and can you get them other places then tindrem? slight derail but seemed stupid to make another thread =S

Dsn

Honored Member
Veteran rewards and an open arena. Sounds awesome!

Dsn

Honored Member
Yeah SV creates a chivalry medieval warfare like inside MO.

If it works, awesome :D

Xhodan Xeus

Read the original here.

Some really interesting information in this dev blog. Xhodan should be happy.
VETERAN REWARDS!!!!!!
MUAHAHAH FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GUYS CAN THANK ME ALL LATER IN GAME WITH GOLD!!!!!!!!!

i guess all the bitching, pming, talking to mods finaly paid off!!!!

if this comes true i wont even try df2.0 thank you sv for bringing back hope!
and be sure that i will sub another account and donate to you guys!!!

Dsn

Honored Member
Yeah SV creates a chivalry medieval warfare like inside MO.

If it works, awesome :D
they will probly have some gear balancing problems and so on.

Xhodan Xeus

wow Xenia you dislike my post? why?
because i want to give SV more money? because im happy they finaly put in a system that will defently help them out? your dislking that?

sunshiner

wow Xenia you dislike my post? why?
because i want to give SV more money? because im happy they finaly put in a system that will defently help them out? your dislking that?
"grabs popcorn"

Xhodan Xeus

not you too Bern :-( im disapointed
i thought people would be happy! whatver guess not
makes me sad. here im willing to help out SV, even getting 1 more account, donate money and my posts get disliked.
to be honest i do fell kinda hurt now......
than again its the inet what can i expect. :-(

sunshiner

Bernajo

Exalted Member
makes me sad. here im willing to help out SV, even getting 1 more account, donate money and my posts get disliked.
haha, sorry bud, it was just because I heard you mention the other guy who disliked your original post on comms. :p

Though these changes are too lil too late for me. It is like they distract most of you with something shiny and most of you fall for it every time.

ltankhsd

No positivity allowed on these forums! Optimism is delusional and unrealistic!

As for the blog it was a good read. Nice to see Dev Blogs making a comeback. I think MO players always want to know what to expect on the horizon so they have something to look forward to and discuss endlessly on the forums.

I'm sort of "meh" on the arena since it's not my main area of interest but I'm glad it's being added for other people who like structured PvP. I hope with the AI tweaks they referred to they can take a look at the loot tables since per the poll I recently put up it seems fairly clear that many people would like to PvE for most of their profit rather than butcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.