New Dev Blog from Paratus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter
I hope the arena is accessible to reds and you don't have to run through 50 guards to get there and then get Thunderbolted to death and /ragequit
Lol you are a criminal, a murderer in the emperors eyes. Why in jebus name would he allow you to enter his city without paying for your life?

Also more fluff is always awesome. Cant w8 to fight in the arena.

PoeX

Silver Supporter
Lol you are a criminal, a murderer in the emperors eyes. Why in jebus name would he allow you to enter his city without paying for your life?

Also more fluff is always awesome. Cant w8 to fight in the arena.
Because than the content will only be accessible to half the population, or less. As most people may have become red not by their own choice, but through bad mechanics in the war system. I am not saying I have, I've ganked, murdered, stalked, killed, harrased, PvP my way to the red flag. But there are honest players that have become red due to bad mechanics and thus should not be punished for it.

Also, I don't think the other reds (such as myself) should be punished in this way either. Lose the ability to fight in the arena would be a dumb choice for SV to make as you would have created content for a small % of the population.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Because than the content will only be accessible to half the population, or less. As most people may have become red not by their own choice, but through bad mechanics in the war system. I am not saying I have, I've ganked, murdered, stalked, killed, harrased, PvP my way to the red flag. But there are honest players that have become red due to bad mechanics and thus should not be punished for it.

Also, I don't think the other reds (such as myself) should be punished in this way either. Lose the ability to fight in the arena would be a dumb choice for SV to make as you would have created content for a small % of the population.
this will give you a reason to not be a dirty criminal!

Incarnadine

So how should reds properly be "punished"? Statloss is pretty minor, houses fix supply issues so towns arent needed. Yes there are those who are red from bad mechanics, but they rarely get far enough in red that they cant afk those MC's off over a few nights. The real red players are too far in for that and thats because they ARE murderers. There should be a con for the pro of being able to kill at will.

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter
So how should reds properly be "punished"? Statloss is pretty minor, houses fix supply issues so towns arent needed. Yes there are those who are red from bad mechanics, but they rarely get far enough in red that they cant afk those MC's off over a few nights. The real red players are too far in for that and thats because they ARE murderers. There should be a con for the pro of being able to kill at will.
This!

Also the small % of the world pop is bullshit as well. There are more blue players than red players ingame.

Bronzen18

Gold Supporter
I went red because a long time ago post Dawn murder reset I killed a bunch of people building a house in SS village during the time of broken mangannons where you were supposed to get approval for building in an area from the "main" guild. Arena better f***ing be open to reds or they can keep it closed as far as I am concerned. Or give us another reset :)

PoeX

Silver Supporter
I do agree that reds needs more punishing and I knew you would all grab this and say "YES don't be red" and I must say I'm dissapointed in you all.

Yes, we do need more punishment for reds. I do agree, statloss is not enough. But content should not be one of the things that we get punished with, it's just plain wrong and I'm severly dissapointed that you all thought this was a good idea and even wrote it down.

Take a moment and think about it again and the consequences that would ensue.

I agree that reds should have access to this. And I am pretty sure that SV feels the same. Since the area would appeal heavily to players of that playstyle and give them an alternative to senseless killing. Not to mention in the world the cut throat types of players would most likely be the ones in the arena anyway.

So I am pretty sure there will be some type of access to the area so reds can participate.

Edit... Maybe a red could turn himself in and fight in the arena to be pardoned from some of his crimes when they win so many battles.

Incarnadine

I do agree that reds needs more punishing and I knew you would all grab this and say "YES don't be red" and I must say I'm dissapointed in you all.

Yes, we do need more punishment for reds. I do agree, statloss is not enough. But content should not be one of the things that we get punished with, it's just plain wrong and I'm severly dissapointed that you all thought this was a good idea and even wrote it down.

Take a moment and think about it again and the consequences that would ensue.
If there were proper punishments for red I'd fully agree, but at the current SV isn't adding new punishments nor have they for quite awhile, so gotta nudge towards whatever you can. If they want to implement a real punishment setup for it, by all means arena should be open to all. Until then imo, there should be some sort of deterrent. Cept for Bran, he deserves a MC wipe for being awesome

I went red because a long time ago post Dawn murder reset I killed a bunch of people building a house in SS village during the time of broken mangannons where you were supposed to get approval for building in an area from the "main" guild. Arena better f***ing be open to reds or they can keep it closed as far as I am concerned. Or give us another reset :)
It should not, why should you have access to emperors arena when you have been killing people willy nilly. For a game supposedly about risk vs reward, there is surprisingly little risk to going red.

Incarnadine

It should not, why should you have access to emperors arena when you have been killing people willy nilly. For a game supposedly about risk vs reward, there is surprisingly little risk to going red.
There is very little consequence for it yes, but at the same time THIS topic wouldn't be the best one to use to punish reds if there were alternatives. Yes REALISTICALLY an emperor wouldn't let you... REALISTICALLY they didn't exactly have ID cards... Realism vs Fun balance is hard to attain, red still needs proper troubles

There is very little consequence for it yes, but at the same time THIS topic wouldn't be the best one to use to punish reds if there were alternatives. Yes REALISTICALLY an emperor wouldn't let you... REALISTICALLY they didn't exactly have ID cards... Realism vs Fun balance is hard to attain, red still needs proper troubles
Yea, but ppl didnt have big red shields over their heads either. So that argument would go in circles.

Bronzen18

Gold Supporter
I did not kill them willy nilly, I killed them due to a bug where Discord stated not to build on contested land yet they chose to anyway and nothing was done about it. Some days I do wish I could kill people willy nilly, but sadly the only time I do is if they aren't afk running and don't take the time to just say hi (pet peeve to be ignored in game for some reason). All my other murdercounts are from blue guild members who were alts of their RPK guys...seems very fair.

Read that bold part a few times...

Also rather suckish they have guards at newb zone in fab, but at least newbies are not instawhacked now. Sucks that I can't go into Tindrem easily or help newbs at Fab because of those Elites all over. Stuck with Meduli....

I don't see how someone could think it is not realistic to have murders and killers in the arena.

Who else would you expect to be in there??:confused:

I did not kill them willy nilly, I killed them due to a bug where Discord stated not to build on contested land yet they chose to anyway and nothing was done about it. Some days I do wish I could kill people willy nilly, but sadly the only time I do is if they aren't afk running and don't take the time to just say hi (pet peeve to be ignored in game for some reason). All my other murdercounts are from blue guild members who were alts of their RPK guys...seems very fair.

Read that bold part a few times...

Also rather suckish they have guards at newb zone in fab, but at least newbies are not instawhacked now. Sucks that I can't go into Tindrem easily or help newbs at Fab because of those Elites all over. Stuck with Meduli....
No you are a griefer. You killed my alt like 20 times because I asked you if you prefer frosted flakes or raisin bran. Don't lie!

PoeX

Silver Supporter
If there were proper punishments for red I'd fully agree, but at the current SV isn't adding new punishments nor have they for quite awhile, so gotta nudge towards whatever you can. If they want to implement a real punishment setup for it, by all means arena should be open to all. Until then imo, there should be some sort of deterrent. Cept for Bran, he deserves a MC wipe for being awesome
I always believed that the best way to punish reds was by making it account global. But by doing this you need to do 2 things to make it work.
1. Lower the prices for houses and workbenches and mats needed to build so that it's much cheaper to build structures out in the world.
2. Have a friend system so you can share houses. This is needed because you can whipe a red out by taking down his house. This would severley hinder a red, thus you need to have friends that you can share structures with.

By combining these 2 there is a good punishment for reds, but, we can balance it out by having alot cheaper house deed prices and less mats to build. With this and the share system of houses, it would probably work out pretty good if you add a house vendor in a red town as well, or perhaps cavecamp or something so that if you get seiged, you can buy new deeds to survive.

I always believed that the best way to punish reds was by making it account global. But by doing this you need to do 2 things to make it work.
1. Lower the prices for houses and workbenches and mats needed to build so that it's much cheaper to build structures out in the world.
2. Have a friend system so you can share houses. This is needed because you can whipe a red out by taking down his house. This would severley hinder a red, thus you need to have friends that you can share structures with.

By combining these 2 there is a good punishment for reds, but, we can balance it out by having alot cheaper house deed prices and less mats to build. With this and the share system of houses, it would probably work out pretty good if you add a house vendor in a red town as well, or perhaps cavecamp or something so that if you get seiged, you can buy new deeds to survive.
Oooh, i like that idea.

Incarnadine

Agreed. I think it'd be the best way to do it in a manageable way, most other ways would go over board or be too easy to ignore/get around, though even that'd be pretty easy to get around with all the multi acct users.

Status
Not open for further replies.