New Dev Blog from Paratus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrB

Silver Supporter
Ugh. Cosmetic ingame stuff will destroy the market for player made cosmetic stuff that should exist.
Why would it? If I get an awesome hat for being a Vet, I still would want all the other cool hats or clothes made by players.

edit: and in the near future I would love to have more solo and small group PvE content (not talking about normal animals) all around Nave with lucrative loot!

featherz

I'm scared the arena will take away all roaming PvP.

Shinzon

Honored Member
Roaming PvP requires hotspots, right now now any hotspots are generated artificially. Plus most roaming PvP you either break the engagement after 5 minutes, or you get zerged down by reinforcements.

schlock

Trial Member
From my understanding, the Arena will have a standard set of gear. World, or rather roaming PvP will allow you to wear that fine tuned crafted gear. It may not be the same for all, but personally, wearing that gear is part of the fun, part of the strategy, and part of the character build. I doubt roaming PvP will take a hit.
I'm not a fan of organized PvP myself, I prefer the randomness and surprise of the wild. I'm sure others do as well.

Well one thing is it make living in tindrem worthwhile. it won't be a worthless pile of static buildings.

And with a population! comes rpk! and player interaction. To be honest, I rather see you be able to use your own gear. if you lose it, oh well. it would help the economy and there be a large demand for weapons and gear in tindrem.

And with a population! comes rpk! and player interaction.
What I am afraid of is that, if the arena should be open to red, smaller or larger groups of reds might be lured to the gates of Tindrem, killing every new citizen that just wants to take a walk in the vineyards.

Tindrem has only that one (proper) exit. It would be a shame to see that exit becoming a high risk area.

My only hope is, that those who claim to be looking for PvP with fair fights, can be kept busy enough to not feel the need to gank every miner and woodcutter he stumbles across.

featherz

Also we were told that no extra content was coming, bug fixing a d balance only a few days later and were reading this.

Make your mind up.

Zeeraha

Also we were told that no extra content was coming, bug fixing a d balance only a few days later and were reading this.

Make your mind up.
... I hope they are focusing now on one content item like Arena. They could handle it with Bug fixing, but with their current staff number, not more than Arena.

"There cannot be two skies."

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
Lol you are a criminal, a murderer in the emperors eyes. Why in jebus name would he allow you to enter his city without paying for your life?

Also more fluff is always awesome. Cant w8 to fight in the arena.

Interestingly enough, criminals and prisoners of war were commonly placed in Arenas and the Colosseum to fight to the death in Gladiatorial combat during the time of the Roman Empire.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
What I am afraid of is that, if the arena should be open to red, smaller or larger groups of reds might be lured to the gates of Tindrem, killing every new citizen that just wants to take a walk in the vineyards.

Tindrem has only that one (proper) exit. It would be a shame to see that exit becoming a high risk area.

My only hope is, that those who claim to be looking for PvP with fair fights, can be kept busy enough to not feel the need to gank every miner and woodcutter he stumbles across.
Thats when and where blue fighters have to take action and guard the gates of Tindrem alongside the guards. Since there is a good presence of guards at the gates then soloers can more easily fight with the aid of say a Elite guard who can take on a couple people with the help of 5-6 solo blues they might even fend off small-medium groups of reds i think.

Thats when and where blue fighters have to take action and guard the gates of Tindrem alongside the guards. Since there is a good presence of guards at the gates then soloers can more easily fight with the aid of say a Elite guard who can take on a couple people with the help of 5-6 solo blues they might even fend off small-medium groups of reds i think.
I agree with you to an extent. It would be great if there were some blue fighters protecting the boring carebears. ;)

But I already hear the words "guardzone warrior", along with complaints that guards are "op". :p

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I agree with you to an extent. It would be great if there were some blue fighters protecting the boring carebears. ;)

But I already hear the words "guardzone warrior", along with complaints that guards are "op". :p
Still if a group of 5-6 PKs come to Tindrem gate to kill and are faced against 1 Elite Guard, 3 Guards and 3 blue fighters they cant really say anything on the 3 blues using guards since they dont have a guild to support them with additional numbers as the reds normally has.

Resin

Interestingly enough, criminals and prisoners of war were commonly placed in Arenas and the Colosseum to fight to the death in Gladiatorial combat during the time of the Roman Empire.
Red Players forced to fight to the death? As in there is an entrance but not an exit? It could be interesting to see how it all balances out, if there are rewards for winning and what not. I think a good reward would be being allowed to keep gladiator armor (should be a cool looking unique armor, but only as good as the stuff you can currently buy off of NPCs,could be balanced by making you buy it as an entry fee). I like the idea of an NPC bookee taking odds (should charge a tax and all gold paid out should have to come from players, otherwise it will be completely abused).

I could get behind the idea of arena fights pardoning MCs. Something like 5 wins = 1 MC, or a win is a cleared MC but a loss is double or triple statloss

One unlimited node per ore is good enough, that way we have some diversity and different locations for fights which is good. The nodes should be centered around Myrland so theres an equal distance almost from towns and stuff.

Tephra on Jungle meteor rock, Granum Kranesh rock, desert rock or Tindrem Rock, Gabore Cave Camp extraction mountain above the bears, Calx doubble bridge ?(cant come up with a large calx node atm) Cerulite on Cerulite island or something so its spread abit in the world.
And it would be retarded to put a unlimited node of Tephra in GK so close to the Blast Furnace pluss jungle might promote guerrilla groups ambushing caravans and peeps going to and from Tephra meteor.
Interesting idea in terms of creating PVP hotspots, but it's still focused on a bunch of players looking at rocks, then staring at long timers. The game still critically needs more PVE extractable drops and/or salvaging to reward the more "active" players, gold just doesn't cut it as a reward for PVE that is far riskier and requires far more activity on the part of the player then mining or extraction.

Going back to cost of gear, here's what I got costing out a full "average" PVP gear set:

20 gold Steel greatsword with standard wood handle
20 gold Plate armor - average for platescale or incisium with ironsilk backing
10 gold Mount - steppe/average jungle horse
7 gold Faster draw PVP bow, average price
8 gold Cure minor potion heals 17 hp x 4 drinks
6 gold Other items - bandages, arrows, food, mount gear
66 gold Total

This is about the same as it was pre-awakening, despite butchery income dropping over 50% due to both new AI and smaller corpse sizes. That's crazy for one suit of gear, even excluding a mount and bow still looking at around 50 gold...compared to around 54 silver per bandit. Extractables are used in nearly every aspect of the game, gold only buys a few things from NPCs and house deed + TC related stuff. On top of that, non-combatants still don't have much of anything they need to buy....alchemy only added to the costs for going out and fighting, it doesn't really touch non-fighters.

This is why I"m saying that PVE dropping currency is giving fighters the short end of the stick, gold isn't usable in it's own right and it's usefulness to other players is actually quite limited.

Hertix

Interesting idea in terms of creating PVP hotspots, but it's still focused on a bunch of players looking at rocks, then staring at long timers. The game still critically needs more PVE extractable drops and/or salvaging to reward the more "active" players, gold just doesn't cut it as a reward for PVE that is far riskier and requires far more activity on the part of the player then mining or extraction.

Going back to cost of gear, here's what I got costing out a full "average" PVP gear set:

66 gold Total

This is about the same as it was pre-awakening, despite butchery income dropping over 50% due to both new AI and smaller corpse sizes. That's crazy for one suit of gear, even excluding a mount and bow still looking at around 50 gold...compared to around 54 silver per bandit. Extractables are used in nearly every aspect of the game, gold only buys a few things from NPCs and house deed + TC related stuff. On top of that, non-combatants still don't have much of anything they need to buy....alchemy only added to the costs for going out and fighting, it doesn't really touch non-fighters.

This is why I"m saying that PVE dropping currency is giving fighters the short end of the stick, gold isn't usable in it's own right and it's usefulness to other players is actually quite limited.
Steel , plate and mount prices drastically exagerrated, prices will drop. Potion prices dependant on new alchemist competition, and are in no way "standard". Arrow and bandage prices might be a little high, and could be lowered.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

66 gold Total

I know of this issue and agree, bandits should drop around 5g per bandit as 10k carc from a animal is in the range 3-7g, a bandit is 99% of the time harder to kill or more time consuming to kill than most farming animals. (Offcourse some bandits take no time compared to the ones that actually is high level which most of the time is half or above half the spawn)
I am also a strong follower of a repair skill to repair durability so costs on armor and weapon that lives on a fighter who doesnt die, after a fight he can simply repair and hopefully also sharpen his blade and polish some armor to be ready for the next fight, if maintained good enough a set should be able to last a few weeks if not a few months with several daily fights. I have thought of a system with 2 skills 1 under armor training and 1 with no parents, 1 for use in the field like a skinning knife and 1 for crafters to add the same base materials as it was made of to bring the weapon back to its original version.

Disassemble or Salvage skill is also very much needed so that all the equipment going useless by this new retarded boost on hits on durability could then drop some reuseable material.

These are things I believe we absolutely need ingame, and these very skills has been asked for since Closed Beta.

The thing to remember when implementing these skills is to have them secondary and tied to the crafting systems so u have to be a crafter to get them, thats besides the field repair skill which will act like Skinning knife when/if its made to a secondary without parents or under Survival or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.