New MO2 Screenshot ? FixMapHousing

Speznat

Who cares? I don't know, millions of gamers world wide who have seen the same purchased assets and game mechanics/systems in dozens of games? People like see hard work being put into a game and feeling and experiencing the progression in the development of a game. Not wait months and months for patches, only to find out 90% of things are purchased, then the questions of "What have the devs actually been doing" pop up.

What I gave is solid advice. If SV goes down the road of heavily utilizing paid marketplace content, then they need to be fully transparent in their advertisements publicly about it. Or what's happened to 100s if not 1000s of games could happen to them. Why take a bullet, when you can avoid it? As other have pointed out, Mortal Online has it's very own aesthetic and feel to the world too, straying too far away from what is MO could really kill the vibe in locations in the world.

How does an artist spending 50 hours working on a custom asset, affect 50 hours of a programmer tweaking and revising code to bug fix? Not sure you are aware, but game artist work on assets/models, textures etc not code.

It's not about copying things in other games, it's about using publicly bought assets and systems from a public marketplace. Imagine buying 10 different games and 3/10 of those games had the same building models, player models, movement animations, driving physics, environmental sounds, weapon models. The only differences were game title, setting, objectives and progression. Basically a Sergey Titov experience(If you even know who he is). Congrats, you just paid for the same shit in games you thought were completely different - You are now an official smooth brain.

99%? That statistic smells like shit, maybe because you pulled it from your arse. I get it, you want MO2 to happen as fast as possible, so you will fanboy and praise everything. Me, I want the game to succeed, but I'm not a brown noser and will express concerns when needed. Praising everything and letting shit slide is a major reason MO1 went down the path it did.
for your inforamtion i was the guy who said please SV give yourself time and releas ein 5 or in 10 years.

and 50hours design or 50 progrmamer dont matter much. its resource money its 50 hours someone get paid. if you can focus more on stuff that matter. resusable assets i dont know you but i bet you saw the the same tree in battlefield than in arma and than in cod because its the same fuckign tree do you noticed no? interesting. nearly all trees come form Speedtree in the gaming industry and that for a reason because noone are so braindead retarded to make a tree for 50 hours if you could make one or implement one with 1-3 hours and polishing and have the same fuckign tree. WTF

end result matter. that copy past games you mean were fuckshit project from noobs, but SV have passion and they dont abandon thier project even after 10years were other developers would have said fuck it im out. do you think a web agency start everytime from scratch? are you braindead sry?

Important:
if web agencies wouldn't copy stuff from other project or own older projects than it would a lotlotmore time like dont know 10x or 20x more time. And the end result matter. its the same fuckign slider like on 3000 other website? and? weres the problem now its s good SLider? you can use that like an idiot or like a pro. you could make your own tha it would be like one of the 3000 other sliders exactly the same. !??!!

Hayasa

Honored Member
I believe it's marketplace stuff so it's bought from someone outside of the studio.
A fair amount of content will be bought, the world is massive our team is tiny thank god for UE4 marketplace.
it's hard being a one man team with 20 personalities... fake it till you make it!

for your inforamtion i was the guy who said please SV give yourself time and releas ein 5 or in 10 years.

and 50hours design or 50 progrmamer dont matter much. its resource money its 50 hours someone get paid. if you can focus more on stuff that matter. resusable assets i dont know you but i bet you saw the the same tree in battlefield than in arma and than in cod because its the same fuckign tree do you noticed no? interesting. nearly all trees come form Speedtree in the gaming industry and that for a reason because noone are so braindead retarded to make a tree for 50 hours if you could make one or implement one with 1-3 hours and polishing and have the same fuckign tree. WTF

end result matter. that copy past games you mean were fuckshit project from noobs, but SV have passion and they dont abandon thier project even after 10years were other developers would have said fuck it im out. do you think a web agency start everytime from scratch? are you braindead sry?

Important:
if web agencies wouldn't copy stuff from other project or own older projects than it would a lotlotmore time like dont know 10x or 20x more time. And the end result matter. its the same fuckign slider like on 3000 other website? and? weres the problem now its s good SLider? you can use that like an idiot or like a pro. you could make your own tha it would be like one of the 3000 other sliders exactly the same. !??!!
its hard to understand you, and take you seriously when you believe graphics > gameplay. you've on several accounts have stated that a game needs good graphics to be successful, and are suggesting that everything should just be an asset flip. i dont think thats passion, its cutting corners.

onto a legible opinion. im not really upset or excited that they are using marketplace assets. if it helps them speed up production, go ahead. i mainly care about the core mechanics and fundamentals than if the game looks aesthetically pleasing. mortal online (currently) looks washed out and really bad in some spots, but id look past it if the mechanics weren't so geared towards what i'd call 'gear dependency' rather than just skill based combat.

tl;dr

if you play long enough, you can be a really bad player but still be in the best gear and be somewhat 'effective'. pets, mounteds, pots, gear crutch, tc, etc.

Speznat

its hard to understand you, and take you seriously when you believe graphics > gameplay. you've on several accounts have stated that a game needs good graphics to be successful, and are suggesting that everything should just be an asset flip. i dont think thats passion, its cutting corners.

onto a legible opinion. im not really upset or excited that they are using marketplace assets. if it helps them speed up production, go ahead. i mainly care about the core mechanics and fundamentals than if the game looks aesthetically pleasing. mortal online (currently) looks washed out and really bad in some spots, but id look past it if the mechanics weren't so geared towards what i'd call 'gear dependency' rather than just skill based combat.

tl;dr

if you play long enough, you can be a really bad player but still be in the best gear and be somewhat 'effective'. pets, mounteds, pots, gear crutch, tc, etc.
I agree.

Rhias ist best Example shitty gear and skill. Works, look his stuff the rocks in ironbone and fucks many people around. skill is already in this game sure gear advantage is there, but balancing gear and skill sees everyone different. dont know. i personally dont have a real opinion on that one. but i think if you invest 5k gold in an oghmium armor than a normal fucksword with tha tis worht 10g worth shoudn't make more than 5 dmg. just because if you make to muhc on skill everone would be rockign in Ironbone wich would also be good because if everyone uses ironbone noone need high end mats.

so i think make the game more skill based is a good idea.

I agree.

Rhias ist best Example shitty gear and skill. Works, look his stuff the rocks in ironbone and fucks many people around. skill is already in this game sure gear advantage is there, but balancing gear and skill sees everyone different. dont know. i personally dont have a real opinion on that one. but i think if you invest 5k gold in an oghmium armor than a normal fucksword with tha tis worht 10g worth shoudn't make more than 5 dmg. just because if you make to muhc on skill everone would be rockign in Ironbone wich would also be good because if everyone uses ironbone noone need high end mats.

so i think make the game more skill based is a good idea.
Doesn’t hurt to have a euro ping.