new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just be happy that one of the major aspects of the game is fucked and has been fucked for a long time"
You don't have to happy about that. However you don't need to gripe and whine, expecting that it will speed things up.

What you can be happy about it what they are doing, while simultaneously behind discontent with the lack of touch to PvP. It was so wonderful to log in, and have my health HUDs be in place.

Thread starter #203

Tyvark

You don't have to happy about that. However you don't need to gripe and whine, expecting that it will speed things up.

What you can be happy about it what they are doing, while simultaneously behind discontent with the lack of touch to PvP. It was so wonderful to log in, and have my health HUDs be in place.
So we should all just not be upset when they refuse to fix the game?

I do like the changes they have made but that doesn't give them reason not to balance pvp.

Even though I want balance to be patched more on the regular, i do understand the polish,content and tutorial updates. Will improve new player retention rate when steam release comes around and will improve over all experience.

The list is long, Race balance, TC balance, PvP balance, PvE balance, polish, tutorial upgrades, content updates, bugs/glitches, server patches etc etc etc Which makes the process a pain in the dick for SV to keep up with. While quite a few things linger around like an extremely potent turd, which stench doesn't seem to go away, such as mounted,fat mages,handle hits,sprint break,weapon heads,parry,pets etc fit to that potent turd category.

Maybe SV can try to fit in one PvP balance thing into each patch aside from all the other things needed for steam release.

So we should all just not be upset when they refuse to fix the game?

I do like the changes they have made but that doesn't give them reason not to balance pvp.
I'm starting to get frustrated with the lack of grasp you are showing.

It is fine to be upset about what hasnt been touched, it's fine to want balance, it's fine and normal to be upset.

However you don't need to put feeling to text in such a harsh manner so relentlessly, and there are good things to be seen as well.

Well done SV you messed it up again you nerfed speed on foot!? Not like mounteds were already op to shit...

Every update is making me feel like this game in closer to going to shit... Cmon sv revert it like you did the armors.

Malgoth

Well done SV you messed it up again you nerfed speed on foot!? Not like mounteds were already op to shit...

Every update is making me feel like this game in closer to going to shit... Cmon sv revert it like you did the armors.
I have said this a few times in this thread but I wanted to make sure you all have tested the speeds. I don't feel any slower than I did pre patch on my Veela. It says 240 spd now but I don't feel any slower than when i had 253 spd.

Volvagia

I have said this a few times in this thread but I wanted to make sure you all have tested the speeds. I don't feel any slower than I did pre patch on my Veela. It says 240 spd now but I don't feel any slower than when i had 253 spd.

i feel slower, Everyone in VII TS says it feels slower, Most PvP'ers i have talked to today say it feels slower.

Not sure if everyone feels the same way as me (or the people who pointed this out to me) but pre patch if you played a Tall toon even if its faster then a short toon you feel slow. now playing my min size veela/veela i feel like im playing on my max size Thur/Khur MC (Who ran 240 spd in combat pre patch).

So to me it is slower,

It is a stupid bug fix, That should have still been fixed as it was a bug but at the same time after they fixed it their should have been a buff to spd to make them the same as pre patch. Aka we would have noticed no change but SV could sit back in their chairs and say "We fixed a 3 ish year old bug".

P.S This is whats called a Band-aid (TM) May as well make it a trademark of SV now.

Dhan

Honored Member
It's funny how they could have avoided upsetting players by simply increasing foot speed back to what people are used to after they fixed that bug. I don't see how they could make foot speeds 5% (?) slower and expect no one to mind.

If fixing a bug is going to change the balance of the game, then you need to handle it as a balance change, not a bug fix. Lesson learned I hope.

• Fixed a calculation error that gave players with locked stats slightly higher movementspeed then they should have
Yeah and that's why I move 240 on my Stout Veela...
Because he was glitched for all those years at 253

Rankor

It's funny how they could have avoided upsetting players by simply increasing foot speed back to what people are used to after they fixed that bug. I don't see how they could make foot speeds 5% (?) slower and expect no one to mind.

If fixing a bug is going to change the balance of the game, then you need to handle it as a balance change, not a bug fix. Lesson learned I hope.
It looks to me that they will "balance" speed in the future since the actual bug has been fixed....doesn't make sense to just add the 5% back if it messes up other systems not connected to the speed calculation. Just an observation because you know, coding and stuff...
Getting this bug out of the way was essential to be able to make further improvements to move speed.

I think SV should take PR lessons from Donald Trump. When in doubt, double down and call your opponents dishonest and terrible people.

Imagine if there was a "Make Nave Great Again" hat.

MolagAmur

I think SV should take PR lessons from Donald Trump. When in doubt, double down and call your opponents dishonest and terrible people.

Imagine if there was a "Make Nave Great Again" hat.
Donald Trump is the man and takes no fuss off anyone.

About the patch. PvP balance should be near the top of the list. If it isn't better before Steam release...you can bet your ass many new players will be gone in seconds. Steam people are brutal...but if SV does this right they can really attract a lot of people. Let's not be another Darkfall shall we?

I can only imagine what will be said in the reviews lol its gonna be ugly. Oh and...Hope SV has some kind of good anti-hack in mind...or else the game will be farked on day one. Some guy will be speeding around with a hammer one shotting all TC structures. :p

MolagAmur

Can someone just get the files from Day One Awakening, put it on a server, and let us start from there again?

If only...

eldrath

Can someone just get the files from Day One Awakening, put it on a server, and let us start from there again?

If only...
You mean the time when countless stacks of mats vanished? Yeah that was great.

Pantero

So like, what's the craic with movement speeds? I noticed my thur khur and veela have both dropped a bit. I think it was 225 and 235 for thurkhur and 230 and 240 for my veela which is not in combat mode and in combat mode speeds. Is there a thread about this I can't see?

MolagAmur

Game was close to unplayable then. Don´t know what you are up to.
Well I meant kinda like a rewind. Go back to that date and fix the bugs and polish. Game had lots of potential back then.

It's unplayable now you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.