new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolagAmur

Go slap Henrik in the back of the head and tell him to get to work on balance.

Do it.

Right now.

Darran

THANK YOU! <3<3
I have put a lot of effort into making this a thing and I'm real glad that someone have noticed.

Can't say that I agree that the gameplay has gone down that much but I definitely believe that the in the old days all the bad stuff was bug/tech stuff etc. Now that we have sorted a lot of that then the new thing to complain about (and complain is GOOD) is balance.

Only thing I can say is I greatly enjoyed playing the game until awakening hit. After awakening I haven't been able to enjoy the game really, and I went from playing daily for multiple hours to logging in just to farm money every now and then (about only enjoyable thing that was left for me in the game).

When Sarducaa hit, I saw that no real needed process had been done for the game in over a year, and all the bad flaws in the design and balance are still here. It was the last nail in the coffin for me. I haven't logged in since maybe a week after Sarducaa and don't intend on coming back unless your balance/design team pulls their heads out of their asses and looks at the state the game is in. Around 90% of my guild and people I know from MO have quit as well.

So damn many issues that haven't been looked at for years and they just keep on piling issues on top of them without fixing any.

I would love to play the game and it's functioning much better technically, but at the garbage state it's in atm from gameplay aspects I can do nothing but be a grumpy Sir Cat at forums and hope for times that would make the game worth returning to.

Good patch notes!

What is the name of the local INI file, so that if for some reason we need to reinstall the client then we can backup the file and keep our UI settings?

Hertix

Game is better technically and you have done a good job getting it polished quite nicely. Please just do some balance or talk to those who handle it. PLEASE BALANCE PVP AND THE GAME WILL BE AMAZING!

I don't know if anyone has noticed but there are like 6 stickies in the top of the feedback forum made from herius concerning balance, maybe you guys should put some input there.

Thread starter #245

Tyvark

I don't know if anyone has noticed but there are like 6 stickies in the top of the feedback forum made from herius concerning balance, maybe you guys should put some input there.
I do. I also make posts of changes/fixes I think of and want to put out there but responses and actions never happen so I might as well try to say it anywhere I can.

Hodo

Game is better technically and you have done a good job getting it polished quite nicely. Please just do some balance or talk to those who handle it. PLEASE BALANCE PVP AND THE GAME WILL BE AMAZING!
Honestly balancing PvP can wait.

Fix and finish the magic system then work on balance.

Right now what is the point in balancing something that isn't complete to start with.

So please, please stop asking to balance the pvp, when that is not the issue.

Hodo

i feel slower, Everyone in VII TS says it feels slower, Most PvP'ers i have talked to today say it feels slower.

Not sure if everyone feels the same way as me (or the people who pointed this out to me) but pre patch if you played a Tall toon even if its faster then a short toon you feel slow. now playing my min size veela/veela i feel like im playing on my max size Thur/Khur MC (Who ran 240 spd in combat pre patch).

So to me it is slower,

It is a stupid bug fix, That should have still been fixed as it was a bug but at the same time after they fixed it their should have been a buff to spd to make them the same as pre patch. Aka we would have noticed no change but SV could sit back in their chairs and say "We fixed a 3 ish year old bug".

P.S This is whats called a Band-aid (TM) May as well make it a trademark of SV now.
Here is a challenge for all of you who think you are slower. Post a video of you running a set distance before the patch, and post one after the patch same toon, same location same distance. Have a timer displayed and show that your character is ACTUALLY slower and maybe just maybe someone will do something about it. Right now "I Feel" is not a good answer.

And if everyone on foot is slowed down the same amount then what is the problem? It not like when they nerfed the dog snot out of Khurites, Veelas back a few years ago.

Seriously if some of you were here 5 years ago you would know that being a mounted back then was work, your mount could die to a sneeze and it was slower than a Sheevra max dex.

Hertix

Here is a challenge for all of you who think you are slower. Post a video of you running a set distance before the patch, and post one after the patch same toon, same location same distance. Have a timer displayed and show that your character is ACTUALLY slower and maybe just maybe someone will do something about it. Right now "I Feel" is not a good answer.

And if everyone on foot is slowed down the same amount then what is the problem? It not like when they nerfed the dog snot out of Khurites, Veelas back a few years ago.

Seriously if some of you were here 5 years ago you would know that being a mounted back then was work, your mount could die to a sneeze and it was slower than a Sheevra max dex.
How do you propose we take a well calculated video of sprinting over the same distance in a set time, you can't reinstall he last patch now can you? Anyway, however ingenius this thought is , devs have already confirmed characters are indeed slower and that the speed bug they fixed was not just a visual glitch.

Hodo

How do you propose we take a well calculated video of sprinting over the same distance in a set time, you can't reinstall he last patch now can you? Anyway, however ingenius this thought is , devs have already confirmed characters are indeed slower and that the speed bug they fixed was not just a visual glitch.
Then it is not a problem.
Climb off the cross, build a bridge and get over it.

Hertix

Then it is not a problem.
Climb off the cross, build a bridge and get over it.
Impeccable logic Watson , you might even have my job one day!

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Justice! My Full Khurite is as fast as a Th/khur. Its good to be lazy and not re-role :)

Volvagia

If we really wanna talk about mounted (in a foot spd nerf conversation) Then here are my thoughts, Max Spd on a mount should be lowered to around 430-450. (would like more to be honest but 100 less is good enough for now) This Game can not handle the spd at which mounts move.

Rework the dismount system so its more weapons can dismount and not less. In my mind it would allow people who have a fav weapon to actually use it to have a chance vs mounted, would also possibly allow more weapons to be useful on mounted besides an axe.

Keep mount HP the same.

Stop mounted from being able to go up almost every mountain in the game.

Keep Mount pots the same as they are now. (i think the new dev nerfed them which was needed)

Give them skills under riding or balance (they should not have foot skills at all if they do not want it)for Armor training, Swimming, Mounted Casting.

Bring back being able to bandage a mount.

make it so when a mounted rides into a foot group they are not thinking "No axes huh? GG nerds", Instead they think "if they get a clean hit on me with that sword or polesword im dismounted".

Ok so back to the foot discussion, "The speeds now are the speeds that should have been". Its slower so fuck off, It feels slower so fuck off, The numbers + the Devs say it is slower so fuck off.

Bopkasen

Alright, "refuse to do anything" was a strong term . However, PvP balance in this game is a major issue that has been mostly avoided for a long time and instead of proper changes we only get bandaids .

The forever bad excuses we get from the devs don't cut it out anymore . You can't keep saying that you "carefully" consider changes when we've had a ridiculous breeding system for over a YEAR . Mounts that have it all, speed, HP, ability to climb mountains . Last year people had been using mauls hitting for 100+ damage for months , literally months before StarVault decided to fix it .

Why was this a playstyle for months ? What had to be "carefully considered" before nerfing this ?

High damage handle hits were introduced a long time ago and players have been complaining about it for years, instead, we haven't had one proper change to it . People don't even care whether it's a handle hit or normal hit anymore , it's the same damage anyway .

Weakspots are being abused by a lot of players . It's been like this for months, StarVault hasn't done anything about this either . You don't require skill, only a bit of money and a certain build for this playstyle . Get a lion shield, a weakspot spear, a steel 24 kg set on your veela veela and you are able to hit any player for 50+ dmg, regardless of his armor while you tank a shit ton of dmg because of your lion shield . It's a high-reward playstyle that requires no skill .

Fatmages have been running rampant for months as well. They need 5g in armor and regs, a good overpowered mount and that's it . They can flamestrike other players for 80s by pressing a button twice, they can run away from danger, they can EQ entire groups of players for half of their HP . All of this and absolutely no skill required, nor gear . What exactly has to be "carefully considered" about this class ? It's broken to the core .

MCs don't take skill, all you need in order to be a good MC is top-notch gear and a top-notch mount . If you have that, you can run around at the speed of light, have no worry about foot fighters and archers (your mount has over 500 HP, why should you care about getting hit for 50 hp) , you can engage and disengage at will, you can run on mountains and 3 hit mages, etc . The only worry you have is getting dismounted, but that's easily avoided since you know that only Axes can do it . Why do we only get half-arsed changes regarding this class ?

Pokemons, yet another problem that's been around for years . Takes no skill, only a little bit of time. Nerfing spider queen a bit won't cut it, you have to nerf pets in general . Give them a stamina bar, make it so the tamer/dominator has to interact more with it rather than just having to press one button .

Show me where the pokemon touch you

Maxiumus

Cuprum Supporter
speed change sucks. fights seem slow paced. ridiculous shit.

Mavorl

Lead Moderator
Thread is way off the OP topic of the actual Patch Notes. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.