new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strilan

Exalted Member
I didn't have much of an issue with it. Tho, I could feel the difference. Just felt..... unneeded? Just made foot slower compared to mount, but everyone on foot scaled same speed. Idk if they are keeping it or not, my miner runs god speed atm tho.

So some people would run faster than others?

Ummm. Why wouldn't they fix that?

This is confusing.

Talking about "no pvp balance" is just bloody stupid. You need to at least say what you are whining about.
Don't be so bloody ignorant, there are dozens of threads in the feedback section about PvP balance . People post daily about it as well . SV knows what we are complaining about, they just refuse to do anything about it .

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
So some people would run faster than others?

Ummm. Why wouldn't they fix that?

This is confusing.
Thats a very odd bug. I guess we all lock our stats. I honestly don't remember there being a speed diff locked or not.
Nonetheless, speeds shouldn't be slowed down. Should be moved up to past speeds.

Atrosion

Inb4 people complain about fatmages being viable on foot.

JonasH

Trial Member
When you clicked "scale icons to screen", you had the choice of bigger icons, or smaller icons.

Now they're all small, and I hate that. Why did you guys remove it? I always kept my "scale" off, so that I could easily click buttons and stuff w/ my mouse, as my hand eye coordination is off.

Please return it back, the way it is now is all jacked up for me, I can't play the game with this.

I'm honestly not quite sure what you're referring to...

I removed a setting called "Scale windows to screen" (not icons) because from my investigation it seemed to have no useful effect. While it is quite possible that I missed something due to the fact that the UI code is unfortunately obscure and hard to debug (I'm still sorting things out after my saving system rebuild and there are still a lot more ui fixes coming in the next patch!), I have not noticed any issues with any icon scaling since I removed this.

Can you please describe in more detail exactly what the issue is?
When you say "icons" and "buttons", do you just mean your hotbars or are you including other UI elements in that as well?
Do you mean that your hotbar buttons become too small when you run at a very low resolution / window size?
Or do you mean that your buttons remain small instead of scaling up when you run at a very high resolution?

Thanks~
And sorry for the inconvenience.

Strilan

Exalted Member
I'm honestly not quite sure what you're referring to...

I removed a setting called "Scale windows to screen" (not icons) because from my investigation it seemed to have no useful effect. While it is quite possible that I missed something due to the fact that the UI code is unfortunately obscure and hard to debug (I'm still sorting things out after my saving system rebuild and there are still a lot more ui fixes coming in the next patch!), I have not noticed any issues with any icon scaling since I removed this.

Can you please describe in more detail exactly what the issue is?
When you say "icons" and "buttons", do you just mean your hotbars or are you including other UI elements in that as well?
Do you mean that your hotbar buttons become too small when you run at a very low resolution / window size?
Or do you mean that your buttons remain small instead of scaling up when you run at a very high resolution?

Thanks~
And sorry for the inconvenience.

Firstly, thanks for the quick response.

Secondly, when the setting called "scale windows to screen" is enabled, it makes the icons smaller (in your inventory), it makes your hud smaller pretty much to compensate for the smaller resolution I sometimes play as.

Since you removed that option, I login to find that my game performs as if it's stuck - "On".

so now when iu try to equip arrows or change weapons, or use a bandage, the icons in my inventory are small and I"m constantly misclicking them, and it's just easier for me to have them be the larger size they were before.

It was useless to have it on, yes. But now it seems like it's always on and I can't turn it off because the option is disabled.

JonasH

Trial Member
SV knows what we are complaining about, they just refuse to do anything about it .
Don't be silly. We of course don't "refuse to do anything".

It's just that, first of all, opinions voiced in balance discussions on the forum aren't necessarily always a 1-to-1 representation of the overall majority of player experiences. Second, balance is partly subjective, and partly skill based, which means an objectively perfect balance is pretty much unattainable. Finally, nobody wants us to have to change things back and forth all the time. For all of these reasons, we want to (at least try our best to) make careful and carefully considered changes when it comes to balance.

So what's the story on the saburra rock? Why taken out, graphics glitch? and more importantly why bring back?

Jonas, was the new movements speed thing changing all characters a bug? My Veela goes 240 now...... And if Thur khurs go 240 stout also then theres a huge problem :/

EDIT: MY FIT KHURITE is slower than a thursar khurite stout (fit khurite age 23 cb sprint 238)...... And has less health than my stout veela.... Edit 2-:-----proved false-------

Jonas, was the new movements speed thing changing all characters a bug? My Veela goes 240 now...... And if Thur khurs go 240 stout also then theres a huge problem :/

EDIT: MY FIT KHURITE is slower than a thursar khurite stout...... And has less health than my stout veela....
Can anybody confirm this?

Aye.
My stout Veela/Sheevra has 240 max speed in combat now ._.
Thanks for confirming.
WTF SV....... Screw you, you dont have to run for hours trough boring areas when not on mount but players have to... -.-

Earlier in the thread someone said theri thur khur goes 240 cb speed now. Anyone wana confirm this?

Thanks for confirming.
WTF SV....... Screw you, you dont have to run for hours trough boring areas when not on mount but players have to... -.-
Keep in mind this could get reverted within 24 hours like the speed issue with last patch.

What is the point of making characters slower?
So parrys are easier to land?
Foots have to run longer to the next mountain when getting engaged by mounteds?
Please confirm this is a bug...^^

My pure khurite is going 235 now...hopefully someone else with a halfbreed khurite can confirm they are going the same speed as me...

Status
Not open for further replies.