new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slower speeds does not increase prediction aswell ?

Why only for foot though? I doubt that mounts take less resources yet zoom around twice the speed of any person has ever run.

It's complete retarded double-think to first nerf footspeed to 'help prediction' and later buff mounted speed way beyond what has ever been achieved on ground.

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Why only for foot though? I doubt that mounts take less resources yet zoom around twice the speed of any person has ever run.

It's complete retarded double-think to first nerf footspeed to 'help prediciton' and later buff mounted speed way beyond what has ever been achieved on ground.
Goodpoint :D

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Donation title "the kind" not fixed.

Dhan

Honored Member

It's complete retarded double-think to first nerf footspeed to 'help prediction' and later buff mounted speed way beyond what has ever been achieved on ground.
It's probably an unintended consequence with no thought put into it, like the speed increase fail the patch before this. I wouldn't get too worried about it, it'll probably be reverted soon anyway.

It's probably an unintended consequence with no thought put into it, like the speed increase fail the patch before this. I wouldn't get too worried about it, it'll probably be reverted soon anyway.
I hope so.
i really enjoy foot fights. But roams on foot takes hours.

slyy

Guards giving direction is really cool idea. Good job.
Totally agree. One of the best things I've seen for new players, dynamic too! :D
Great patch overall minus the movement speed. Could we have an official poll for mounteds?

Hodo

All the rage over footspeed nerf.... oh god get over yourselves.

I have 1 foot mage, who isnt even a Veela. And I am able to do just fine on foot in a fight with others.
I have one MC who has been MC since before it was cool. Hodo has been MC since day 1, and used pole axes since then also. Back when they used to only hit for 10-15 and the horses exploded if they came near water or would get stuck if you hit a pebble in the terrain. Not to mention took 3 hits to kill from a noob toon with a noob axe.

And I have Veela MA who rides a Gamel to hunt mobs in Sarducaa, tell me that the gamel needs to be nerfed?! If you do I know you are a forum warrior troll and thus an idiot and a non-factor.

Just like making mounts defy the laws of physics.

Malgoth

I don't mind the combat speeds being a little slower but you do that after you fix mount terrain negotiation so foot guys can run to hills/mountains to get away from them.

Changing ground speed before any mount nerf was a bad idea imo.

I don't mind the combat speeds being a little slower but you do that after you fix mount terrain negotiation so foot guys can run to hills/mountains to get away from them.

Changing ground speed before any mount nerf was a bad idea imo.

Why was it needed to be changed in the first place? What is it trying to achieve?

It can't be to help prediction, since super mounts jolting around like lightning. We are already moving at roughly the same speed as backpeddling turtles, so it can't be that either.

Malgoth

Why was it needed to be changed in the first place? What is it trying to achieve?

It can't be to help prediction, since super mounts jolting around like lightning. We are already moving at roughly the same speed as backpeddling turtles, so it can't be that either.
Agreed, It would seem its to make prediction easier but as you said, we have mounts running at the speed of darkness up and down hills without issue. so what does it really do in the end? make foot a easier target for MC

If the change makes ground combat better that's great, but if it makes the game easier for MC then wtf SV. Mounted are the main issue in PVP and you slow down the ground guys first without any change to mounteds.

How about you lower mounts HP (not molva) to a max of around 300 and lower the incline they can traverse before doing a foot nerf?

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
To clarify the move speed change.

What was happening was the following:

Say you start out with a new character, and you looked at your movement speed and it said 120.
You then started to run around doing stuff and you would get a stat up in Dex, that would recalculate your movement speed and suddenly when looking at you speed you were down to 114, pretty confusing right?

Then if you were to add something to your inventory, the move speed would calculate once again to make sure you were not encumbered, and a bug in the calc would put you back to 120 speed again.

So easily put, every time you raised a stat point, it would give you the correct speed.
But as soon as you updated something in your inventory, that calc would override and boost your movement speed again.

So once reaching the point where you have maxed your stats and locked them, you would be running around
with the boosted move speed forever.

Getting this bug out of the way was essential to be able to make further improvements to move speed.

Malgoth

So.... 187 people out of the 234 that voted like the butchery change and want to have more reason to go out into the world and Henrik thinks it's a bad idea? Way to know what your community wants o_O

But hey, at least they nerfed that pesky ground movement speed thing everyone was bitching about.

Say you start out with a new character, and you looked at your movement speed and it said 120.
You then started to run around doing stuff and you would get a stat up in Dex, that would recalculate your movement speed and suddenly when looking at you speed you were down to 114, pretty confusing right?

Then if you were to add something to your inventory, the move speed would calculate once again to make sure you were not encumbered, and a bug in the calc would put you back to 120 speed again.

So easily put, every time you raised a stat point, it would give you the correct speed.
But as soon as you updated something in your inventory, that calc would override and boost your movement speed again.

So once reaching the point where you have maxed your stats and locked them, you would be running around

Getting this bug out of the way was essential to be able to make further improvements to move speed.

So is it only a visual bug until people get new points into dex/con?

If not, why not fix the bug and then put speeds back up to old "bugged" speeds but not actually have them bugged. Why effectively nerf something in this manner when it's not needed?

Dhan

Honored Member

So are you saying the speeds we have now are the speeds we've always had, the difference is that it's being reported properly now?

From what I understand, this change to speed will also help players like me who WANTED to go Lean to have a speed advantage over those Stout characters. Sadly before, going lean had NO BENEFIT as you could easily reach max run speed (256) while fit on a veela/sheevra. So dropping the speed down by 10 for everyone, allows players with a MAX dex character to run faster than those who just put remaining points into dex.

I like when it diversifies play styles and allows players to prioritize what they feel is more important, speed or that extra health/strength. This allows my Sheevra character to have an advantage against those huge thursar/khurite/kallardian fighters who have 40+ more health, and +15% damage bonus over me.

Then again that's just my 2 cents on it.

I agree that mounts need to be looked at still... But for the foot fighters exclusively, I like this change a lot.

GM Galenus

Senior Game Master
Staff member
So are you saying the speeds we have now are the speeds we've always had, the difference is that it's being reported properly now?

The speeds now are the speeds that should have been. It wasn't a display error, the actual speed was affected in a way it should not have been. It is working as intended now, and will be easier for potential future balance changes. This was a bug fix, not a balance change. Just one that had gone unnoticed for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.