Fix mounted.
Fix magic.
Fix PvE Pali farming.
Fix prediction.
Fix new player experience.
Fix game.

Swag.

Hodo

No your wrong, as a vet pvper, I solely played for pvp and would have liked to continuing taking part in TC and regional conclict over resources (which has its own issues, like pens etc, no capurable shit etc and limited tc participation) and lets not even go into sieging itself, because sieges themselves are half the issue TC is not the shit, the system is there now, we got the building materials and tools, we just need them to fix up the sieges, make them fun, have some more elements and allow people to take part in TC aside from the special limited few who own keep spots. truly PVP has gone downhill for years, half the reason was mounts, half the reason was some other changes, big killer was sprint breaks which kinda destroyed hybrid gameplay and now the core vet pvp base has basically died because we all moved on.

The new continent is questionable, it really depends on what SV focuses on but if you want to know what I think, most of the vet base would like to see existing features fleshed out more which is our main complaint. The AI and the new creatures was a great PVE move, it really helped but the issue is that when you compare it to myland, it kinda obsolete.

If sarducca came first then myland, people would refer to myland as easy money maker, economy destoryer, noob island etc and there would be massive uproar.
The point is right now ALL there is, is PvP for some people. Why bother doing anything for any reason other than to go find "beef". There is no reason to control Medulli other than someone likes the way it looks. Not like you would control the sabura trade by holding it. Same for having Bakti or Vadda. No point in being the guild that controls those towns or regions. There is no resource there that cant be got anywhere else.

Regional resources brings restrictions, restrictions bring demand, demand brings conflict, conflict forces demand. Which in turn moves the economy. Everyone wins.

Unsub my 3 accounts till sv fix/remove breeding grounds. Everyone understand how it is bad for game. But no any word about it from sv.

Edit:
And yes dissagree from people who likes to farm gold in macro all day long.

Unsub my 3 accounts till sv fix/remove breeding grounds. Everyone understand how it is bad for game. But no any word about it from sv.

Edit:
And yes dissagree from people who likes to farm gold in macro all day long.
I would rather see animal material not be vendorable and actually have their gold price be set by the players just like how metals have, such as steel and cronite etc.

Instead we make gold from PVE experinces involving stuff like killing bandits/risers/dungeons which creates PVP hotspots which solves half this games issues including farming behind palisades.

Butchery is no more a middle man profession to sell to a vendor but a actual profession.

Lastly now we have a economy because players need to trade with players to get gold.

THE BEST PART, WE CAN GET RID OF 99% OF ALL NPCS IN THE GAME.

The real solution is here brother.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/the-solution-to-half-this-games-issues.120725/

GM Galenus

Senior Game Master
Staff member
Our people have long been forgotten brother.

This isn't really true or fair. There have been numerous changes and tweaks to combat, weapons and PvP in general lately. However there are some pretty cool, at least I think, talks going on for balance & tweaks. Simple things that should have a subtle, yet important impact (the way MMO balance changes should be). Our devs are discussing these things right now but no details to give on anything just yet.

Things like this need a lot of foresight and planning. Long term impact needs to be considered, not to mention things potentially being impacted that were not intended. There is no need for the "PvP'ers have been forgotten" approach.

This isn't really true or fair. There have been numerous changes and tweaks to combat, weapons and PvP in general lately. However there are some pretty cool, at least I think, talks going on for balance & tweaks. Simple things that should have a subtle, yet important impact (the way MMO balance changes should be). Our devs are discussing these things right now but no details to give on anything just yet.

Things like this need a lot of foresight and planning. Long term impact needs to be considered, not to mention things potentially being impacted that were not intended. There is no need for the "PvP'ers have been forgotten" approach.

My personal opinion, PVP balance is a constant struggle, I personally think, The lack of PVP encounters is 99% of our grief.

Now alot happened when butchery was implemented, but PVP was fun so we roamed endlessly for hours to find each other and kill each other. Most of us kind of ended up going to towns to fight people after the butchery change.

Then the guard change happened. Now we kinda have to stay away from towns and the only real open town is bakti so we all kinda went to bakti.

Then bakti terrain advantage against mounts kinda got "nerfed" and now we kinda stand on the top of the most pointy cliff north of bakti and we get zerged by people and by this point, hybrids got destroyed by sprint break etc and now it impossible to really maneuver, kite or pullout, and reorganize so then we kinda all got annoyed and more annoyed and then the mount issues was always there but now they are more prominent and after that, well that kinda was the knife in the coffin basically.

TC helped for a while, but sieging is not a fun experience at all, it god damn boring and there no real logistics involved and we have to use mechanics like logged out characters for boulder storing..

Now we got TC tools but another issue has rised, making money in safety and this is kinda blamed on butchery but the real issue i believe is our fake economy world of warcraft/everquest design where you kill the same shit over and over again and sell it to a vendor. Basically if animal material prices was set by players like metal which means it has no price on a vendor then that solves basically half the issues. We can make gold from selling bandit heads, risers, doing dungeons etc to make gold and the gold influx would not be so great and this solves alot of issues, we have a reason to be in groups, go to dungeons now or regional areas where there are actually pve encounters like risers, bandits, etc like the creatures in sarducca which create PVP encounter hotspots.

The point is right now ALL there is, is PvP for some people. Why bother doing anything for any reason other than to go find "beef". There is no reason to control Medulli other than someone likes the way it looks. Not like you would control the sabura trade by holding it. Same for having Bakti or Vadda. No point in being the guild that controls those towns or regions. There is no resource there that cant be got anywhere else.

Regional resources brings restrictions, restrictions bring demand, demand brings conflict, conflict forces demand. Which in turn moves the economy. Everyone wins.

Yeah SV fucked up placing resources almost everywhere (except tephra and saburra I guess), and made it even worse with TC by making them available in your fucking backyard. I remember before breeding grounds there was a market for scales and platescale armor was rare. Now everyone has shore prowlers and plate scales are mainly sold to vendors lol Thats why I prefer mines over BGs, at least theres limited ore nodes to place them and its regional.

Malgoth

I just logged in on my Veela and he feels just as fast as he did pre patch. It just says 240 not 253.

Hodo

Yeah SV fucked up placing resources almost everywhere (except tephra and saburra I guess), and made it even worse with TC by making them available in your fucking backyard. I remember before breeding grounds there was a market for scales and platescale armor was rare. Now everyone has shore prowlers and plate scales are mainly sold to vendors lol Thats why I prefer mines over BGs, at least theres limited ore nodes to place them and its regional.
No argument here about BG. Yeah they should change butchery and breeding grounds, at least make it so you cant vendor most of the crap you get from butchery. Dont get rid of butchery just make it so you cant sale some items to the vendors. Or make it so ONLY certain vendors will buy those items and make them only in a few towns that are hard to get to. Like Krannesh, Morin Khur, and Tindrem in Myrland, and Pash and Aur in Sarducaa.

schlock

Trial Member
I just got a new ISP at the same time this patch hit. Everything feels more responsive and smoother. Is anybody else feeling this or is it just my new ISP?

Lacdanon

No argument here about BG. Yeah they should change butchery and breeding grounds, at least make it so you cant vendor most of the crap you get from butchery. Dont get rid of butchery just make it so you cant sale some items to the vendors. Or make it so ONLY certain vendors will buy those items and make them only in a few towns that are hard to get to. Like Krannesh, Morin Khur, and Tindrem in Myrland, and Pash and Aur in Sarducaa.
Or half the value and bring in a gold drop item....

Strilan

Exalted Member
For those who have this issue. I've solved it using the following method:

Firstly, If you log onto a character, and that character has the "large" icons that you're used to.... Log onto that toon, then log off. Once you've logged off, save a copy of your "MortalGame.ini" file:

Once you've saved it, log onto the character that's causing the issue.

Once you've logged into it, you should have the same "larger icons" that you should have.

A good polish patch with some nice fixes.

But why am i walking/running at legless turtle speeds D:

Malgoth

A good polish patch with some nice fixes.

But why am i walking/running at legless turtle speeds D:
My veela feels just as fast as he was before the patch. It just says 240 instead of 253. Do you actually feel slower?

Status
Not open for further replies.