New screenshots and video discussion!!

Bring on the blisters. I don't care; most everyone in my group has a f2p with 60 taming.
me too, the fact that anyone can do that is exactly why it should be a secondary, its just making the game more time consuming for the sake of it

Having to create an alt account, not an alt character but an alt account, is a band aid fix. If you don't realise how retarded it is...
What I do realize to be retarded is not having a f2p account in addition to your paid account(s) when it's completely free.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
What I do realize to be retarded is not having a f2p account in addition to your paid account(s) when it's completely free.
Mortal Online players will have to enjoy those while they last.

Which could be a while.

Keurk

you dont understand so let me re phrase this for you :
Using a F2P account is free and most people have one
However, suggesting this is the fix for the riding/taming skill problem is literally being an idiot because encouraging people to make another mail adress for another steam account and spend half time ingame login in and out like we already do constantly with crafter is the most retarded logic ever.

MolagAmur

Here's an idea for you. Since the population is only 50....delete Myrland and just turn this massive "starter island' into the main map. Perhaps then people will actually see one another from time to time lmao.

Seriously though, wtf you guys spending so much time on this for. Its gonna do absolutely nothing. You have a 10 year old game that you are making a starter island for. Its mindblowing.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
...suggesting this is the fix for the riding/taming skill problem ... encouraging people to make another mail adress for another steam account and spend half time ingame login in and out like we already do constantly with crafter is...
... well, I don't think it's stupid. I think it's a semi-clever solution. But it's a solution to a problem that maybe only people who play Mortal Online would think was normal to have. A problem not solved by the company (Star Vault) that makes the game.
Here's an idea for you. Since the population is only 50.... delete Myrland and just turn this massive "starter island' into the main map. Perhaps then people will actually see one another from time to time lmao.

Seriously though, wtf you guys spending so much time on this for. Its gonna do absolutely nothing. You have a 10 year old game that you are making a starter island for. Its mindblowing.
I think I know what they're doing--
  • they're working on a starter island for a ten-year-old game that desperately needs to retain some of the trickle of new players it's always getting, then mostly losing. It's a very late day to be doing it, for sure. But better than not having done anything toward it yet.
  • they're working on something that they can say counts "double" as working on MO -and- on MO2.

Also: 50 is close to (but less than) the number of people seen on the forums over most 24 hour periods in recent weeks (usually mid-60s to low 70s-- which number always has a margin by which it could be bigger). Having always heard that only a fraction of those playing use the forums at all, I doubt if that has changed.

Unless everyone who still plays is suddenly visiting here in a visible way every damned day or there are a shocking number of people posting here who only pretend that they still play, then there are more than 50 people playing. How many more is hard to say.

Last edited:

Wabbajack

Here's an idea for you. Since the population is only 50....delete Myrland and just turn this massive "starter island' into the main map. Perhaps then people will actually see one another from time to time lmao.

I would see it as an experience for the developers and future release of MO2.

you dont understand so let me re phrase this for you :
Using a F2P account is free and most people have one
However, suggesting this is the fix for the riding/taming skill problem is literally being an idiot because encouraging people to make another mail adress for another steam account and spend half time ingame login in and out like we already do constantly with crafter is the most retarded logic ever.
No, I do understand. What I don't understand is why you want to get rid of a game mechanic because it is too much trouble to spend few skill points on a free account, when there are countless other mechanics in the game that is far more of a hassle, having to spend hundreds of skill points on a paid account and taking a lot more time to skill, like cooking, refining, all of crafting, alchemy, .etc. etc. ..... Since all of these mechanics are much more trouble, it is illogical to get rid of taming mounts just because of the "hassle" before getting rid of all of them. And what do you have after you get rid of all these mechanics? MR. So go play that.

Last edited:

Keurk

No, I do understand. What I don't understand is why you want to get rid of a game mechanic because it is too much trouble to spend few skill points on a free account, when there are countless other mechanics in the game that is far more of a hassle, having to spend hundreds of skill points on a paid account and taking a lot more time to skill, like cooking, refining, all of crafting, alchemy, .etc. etc. ..... Since all of these mechanics are much more trouble, it is illogical to get rid of taming mounts just because of the "hassle" before getting rid of all of them. And what do you have after you get rid of all these mechanics? MR. So go play that.
its is not about this dude it is exactly the same logic as using Pocket's mortal online live map. It is nice, it is usefull to the point everybody get used to use that tool.yet it should be ingame, without mechanics forcing you to log out ,or any kind of stuff preventing you to actively playing the damn game. I dont know since how long you have been playing MO but this game suffered from such mechanics since the very begening. While it was supposed to add rôles, immersion, and meaning to who players are supposed to be, it kinda failed and been either abused, over used, or became a mechanics people like you are defending like it is normal. But it is not

Last edited:
Thanks for the rocks screenshot that I asked about in a previous thread

this has made me so happy to see how much progress has been made

you guys have won me over, I was a little unsure at the start but after seeing the new rocks and trees I think I might sub again for another 6 months

its is not about this dude it is exactly the same logic as using Pocket's mortal online live map. It is nice, it is usefull to the point everybody get used to use that tool.yet it should be ingame, without mechanics forcing you to log out ,or any kind of stuff preventing you to actively playing the damn game. I dont know since how long you have been playing MO but this game suffered from such mechanics since the very begening. While it was supposed to add rôles, immersion, and meaning to who players are supposed to be, it kinda failed and been either abused, over used, or became a mechanics people like you are defending like it is normal. But it is not
LOL. It takes 30 seconds more to log into another account than to log in a new character. In any event, many people have more than one payed accounts to which they have to switch inbetween to get to their craters/extractors/cook/alchemist/pve toons/pvp toons/etc/etc.. Failed mechanics? We just talking about taming low level mounts here. Who's abusing that? Give it up, man.

the point goes over ur head, all those crafting skills have a role in the game cuz not everyone can do them on a f2p account.

taming is already secondary in a way since everyone can do it, theres no point keeping it an alt char mess, literally adds nothing to the game

Keurk

LOL. It takes 30 seconds more to log into another account than to log in a new character. In any event, many people have more than one payed accounts to which they have to switch inbetween to get to their craters/extractors/cook/alchemist/pve toons/pvp toons/etc/etc.. Failed mechanics? We just talking about taming low level mounts here. Who's abusing that? Give it up, man.
ok you have one IQ. Sorry, at least i tried.

the point goes over ur head, all those crafting skills have a role in the game cuz not everyone can do them on a f2p account.

taming is already secondary in a way since everyone can do it, theres no point keeping it an alt char mess, literally adds nothing to the game
Why does the fact you can have taming on a f2p account makes it have lesser role in the game than other skills? The fact that it can be had so easily, without spending lots of skill points, irl money, and time, compare to other skills makes your argument for getting rid of it more dumb.

And who says taming doesn't add anything to do the game? LOL. I guess your parents never told you that the world doesn't revolve around you. You don't find it interesting so you think everyone else doesn't too? I personally don't find crafting interesting at all. So let's get rid of all the crafting skills. We should be able to find all the weapons and armors in random barrels scattered around the world. Since making armor and weapons are far more troublesome than taming low level mounts, they should be gotten rid of first, before taming.

Last edited:

Dalacor

Bring on the blisters. I don't care; most everyone in my group has a f2p with 60 taming.
Your new, you clearly have a like of pain and misery which is fine by us. Just dont expect the rest of us to sign up for a monotonous second job and pay for the privilege, most of these clunky broken mechanics were introduced after the game was released and actually created a problem when no problem previously existed hence our annoyance.

Why does the fact you can have taming on a f2p account makes it have lesser role in the game than other skills? The fact that it can be had so easily, without spending lots of skill points, irl money, and time, compare to other skills makes your argument for getting rid of it more dumb.

And who says taming doesn't add anything to do the game? LOL. I guess your parents never told you that the world doesn't revolve around you. You don't find it interesting so you think everyone else doesn't too? I personally don't find crafting interesting at all. So let's get rid of all the crafting skills. We should be able to find all the weapons and armors in random barrels scattered around the world. Since making armor and weapons are far more troublesome than taming low level mounts, they should be gotten rid of first, before taming.
ok you have one IQ. Sorry, at least i tried.

Starter Island? More like Farter Bajsland!

Haha!

PS; Why doesnt anyone ever believe me when I say Im 34?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Starter Island? More like Farter Bajsland!

Haha!

PS; Why doesnt anyone ever believe me when I say Im 34?
We don't even know for certain that you just had a birthday-- only that Star Vault thinks so.

Your new, you clearly have a like of pain and misery which is fine by us. Just dont expect the rest of us to sign up for a monotonous second job and pay for the privilege, most of these clunky broken mechanics were introduced after the game was released and actually created a problem when no problem previously existed hence our annoyance.
You people keep repeating like parrots. Almost every single play style in the game (crafting, cooking, alchemy, refining, etc.) takes more far more work, time, and irl money than taming low level mounts. So why don't we get rid of those monotonous, broken mechanics first? Just getting rid of one of them will save us 10X the hassle of taming mounts.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
You people keep repeating like parrots. Almost every single play style in the game (crafting, cooking, alchemy, refining, etc.) takes more far more work, time, and irl money than taming low level mounts. So why don't we get rid of those monotonous, broken mechanics first? Just getting rid of one of them will save us 10X the hassle of taming mounts.
OT: You remind me of myself when I was begging SV not to put in NPC miners.