Patch 1.87.07.03 - buffed Gamals or not ?

Thread starter #1

EZgold

Increased the max stats for Speed and Constitution on Gamals to make them more viable.
I can see a x1.4 buff to gamal constitution which would raise the max from 500 to 700. this happened for all my already existing tickets. but then I see no change to the speed (attribute) or dexterity or size/weight which would also increase the max speed.

So then how was gamal's speed stats increased ?

@Sebastian Persson @Herius @LGM Discord

Yeonan

Trial Member
Did the stat already have to be maxed to get the boost?

Havent had a chance to check mine yet, but i think i had max spd ones ill be sure to check

Thread starter #3

EZgold

Did the stat already have to be maxed to get the boost?

Havent had a chance to check mine yet, but i think i had max spd ones ill be sure to check
whatever the stat was, it was multiplied by 1.4 (40% increase) for constitution. this happened exactly the same in the past when there was a lykiator dex nerf from 100 to 90 max and speed nerf from 60 to 55 max. and I was expecting to see this change to gamal speed as well, but there is none

Thread starter #5

EZgold

still waiting for an official clarification on gamal speed..

well definitely they changed more than con, not sure if its really enough to start considering gamals tho

-barcode

They should make gamals unaffected by heat, they are suppose to be ships of the desert, and it would make then unique, besides it would be nice to see people using more gamals in Sarducca

They should make gamals unaffected by heat, they are suppose to be ships of the desert, and it would make then unique, besides it would be nice to see people using more gamals in Sarducca
Agreed . Make them have higher speed and way higher heat resistance , also give them the chance to have armor ! Imagine an armor made from some sick ass gem metal or gold on the gamal glimmering in the Sarduccan sun ?

Why has sv not replied to confirm this? And yes of course gamals should have armour. Also a strength buff. Make them viable!

i think people should just think about Gamals as sarducaan donkeys. i dont rly try to ride a donkey like a horse, and dont expect it to be quite as fast.

Thread starter #11
i think people should just think about Gamals as sarducaan donkeys. i dont rly try to ride a donkey like a horse, and dont expect it to be quite as fast.
actually, I think Gamals should be as appealing to ride (in Sarducaa) as at least desert horses. dont you think its dumb to have a mount that spawns only in Sarducaa but nobody wants to ride... in Sarducaa (or any other place for that matter) ?

actually, I think Gamals should be as appealing to ride (in Sarducaa) as at least desert horses. dont you think its dumb to have a mount that spawns only in Sarducaa but nobody wants to ride... in Sarducaa (or any other place for that matter) ?
Yes I find it little waste to have them and no one use them. But imo horses should have superior speed. Gamals should have their role as mid tier (in terms of speed) high load mount. I could be happy if they could take same amount as molva or close to.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Yes I find it little waste to have them and no one use them. But imo horses should have superior speed. Gamals should have their role as mid tier (in terms of speed) high load mount. I could be happy if they could take same amount as molva or close to.
Maybe have heat affect horses more? Or stam drain higher for horses in the desert?

Everything i have looked into points to real life camels having much better endurance than horses in a desert with only slightly lower speeds on average.

Edit because this is awesome:

I think the gamels do have more endurance in a way since they gain stam in second gear.

Yeonan

Trial Member
I think the gamels do have more endurance in a way since they gain stam in second gear.
Horses can be bred to have no stam/stam gain in second gear while retaining max speed.

From the bit i've looked into my old breeders, they actually got kind of nerfed;

2nd gear speed is much higher, but also has stam loss, with 3rd gear seemingly the same.

It actually kind of ruined a few of my best gamals because going from no stam to a stam drain in 2nd hurts, regardless of the speed increase.

Maybe i have to redo all of my breeds in which case thats a long road of testing.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
I can see a x1.4 buff to gamal constitution which would raise the max from 500 to 700. this happened for all my already existing tickets. but then I see no change to the speed (attribute) or dexterity or size/weight which would also increase the max speed.

So then how was gamal's speed stats increased ?

@Sebastian Persson @Herius @LGM Discord
Gamals had their Max Speed and Max Constitution stats increased to make them faster and to drain less stamina.
Now remember that there are three different types of Gamals, and they all have their own individual caps.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Gamals had their Max Speed and Max Constitution stats increased to make them faster and to drain less stamina.
Now remember that there are three different types of Gamals, and they all have their own individual caps.
There are 4 types of gamals...

And increasing speed also increased the stam drain, so the extra con has not seemed to offset it in any of my old gamals

Speznat

There are 4 types of gamals...

And increasing speed also increased the stam drain, so the extra con has not seemed to offset it in any of my old gamals
the Quality Assurance Lead dont know the mount specs of the game thats the time were you realise that the future will be rough to survive for SV XD

just a joke herius xD party hard.

SV improve graphics thah people will come from alone