Patch Notes 1.87.06.06

Yes, we have not disabled the crafting of long handles and great blades, you can still make them and use them and they are still very viable weapons, they just needed a little balance as the stamina drain difference from a 2H Hilt Great Blade and a 2H Long Handle Great Blade were less than one stamina point before this patch.
Pole swords have not been nerfed through the ground or anything, they are just in a better place now.
hm, idk. The community specifically and outright cried about Animal Magnetism creatures like Tupilak - Death Knight - Shade. They hit HARDER then a PLAYER CAN. AND they 80% of the time IGNORE armor values.

I'm just giving u my own thought about this patch thats all ^^

Also when can we expect SOMETHING too be done WITH the animal magnetism pets.

In all honesty everything else is fine, maby try and tune the sieging mechanics a little. Adding some more siege equipment and ways too siege?

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Time for spears and heavy hammers. On the other hand you could buff 1h shortswords to make them viable as second option to daggers and 1h clubs
1 handed swords got a pretty big stamina cost reduction (-25%) in the patch before this one, so they are also more viable than before.

Spears are broken in this game I honestly think it needs a nerf at least the strength req should be higher because keep in mind you have to extend your arm out because of the range of your thrust and should be slower to charge up, with a shield even with the shield update its a pretty powerful build in all the 1h update isn't really.. *viable* and if you gotta nerf the pole make the short 5% and the long 10% people do put points in them at this point I might as well go for a flanged mace and put a long handle on it for only ONE primary. and also buff the range on swords 1h and 2h they are longer than you think man.

Hmm interesting patch. People are def over reacting, 10% more stam on their cron pole is nothing. Can finally re test shields now lol. I like weapon balance patches so I cant complain.

what I will say is I was still expecting animal mag pet nerfs, maybe ele, and hopefully sledge mc nerfs, and spear nerf. Those are what a lot of us really wanted. So I'm hoping we see some of those in the near future before more people salt out and quit.

Spears should be removed from the list of not nerfed heads. Is what they need if their damage isnt going to be lowered.

A few grind to win mains might quit with animal mag nerf but really it does just over perform to extreme levels. Extreme tank DK's are so hard to kill you virtually have to ignore them, while they run around and do extreme damage. Shades fly around like a jet shooting magic thats stronger than players, aimbots, and ignores your armor... At that point it doesnt matter how hard to get animal mag book is. The book should have been easier ot get and the pets should be significantly less op. A good DK should be like a better white bear, not a hacking player on steroids in ogh with infinite stam.

But I may advise considering adding the short blades to the reduced stam list. They kidna require long handles, so the stam will be pretty bad, the dur sucks, lots of handle hits. Not worth using to most. But I do like the concept of trying to make them good @Herius

Honestly nothing was wrong with them. They were perfect weapons,
You just explained exactly why they got nerfed.

Poleswords were THE best weapon all around. Cron and ogh poles are unmatched. Spears are easy but for a good player pole are still the best.

10% more stam drain on poles isnt the end of the world. Especially with cron, which already uses like none. And handle hit nerf already murdered long handle poles for most people, so we dont need to woryy about the 20% nerf.

Last edited:
Seems to be a pretty misguided balancing attempt from SV as usual.

Pole nerf is fair but how about we buff something else beside braindead spears?

Would love to see Axes actually viable on foot............

Technically by nerfing poles it makes alternatives better. Like possibly axes. They just need to nerf spears.

If spears dont get nerfed also they will just take over as best wep now cuz they were already too good.

But long handle clubs also got slight nerf, that leaves swords and axes not nerfed. And daggers but most people dont care for those anyway.. and axes are way stronger than swords, and can be extremely similar stam and speed (gb is about sam stma adn speed as kall great, but kall is stronger).

not everyone got a cron in the bank, same with a sword made from cron or whatever as long its cron its going to be light whatever the case. + most people would or half would go use those 100 points in something else. which can lead to new problems rather than solutions.

I’m guessing from the patch notes the changes affect crafted weapons prior to this patch?

Just thought I’d ask, so I know whether or not to craft myself a new spear.

JUDGEMENT

will this be in place for mortal royale too? because there goes any chance ill even try royale now at least.. poles are fun as fuck to use.. has anyone even complained about poles ?

Bicorps

Trial Member
Why I resub this fucking game .... wtf.....

Ridiculus patch ... stupid devs. I gave this game a last chance, I resub 4 days ago. I did some PvP event already .. pretty fun. And you guys do a patch like this? Im out seriously I leave my sub run out fuck that.

People was starting to come back. We cross a lot people that was happy to see us back into the game. Who ever did this patch clearly dont know what his doing. Quit your job plz.

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead

All axes and clubs got buffed on 1H handles.
Why I resub this fucking game .... wtf.....

Ridiculus patch ... stupid devs. I gave this game a last chance, I resub 4 days ago. I did some PvP event already .. pretty fun. And you guys do a patch like this? Im out seriously I leave my sub run out fuck that.

People was starting to come back. We cross a lot people that was happy to see us back into the game. Who ever did this patch clearly dont know what his doing. Quit your job plz.
It was me!
Give it some time, you'll like it. <3

Everyone is over reacting so hard. You guys all say nerf spears but want your poles to be the only weapon in the game. As someone who stopped using poles and feels nerfed 75% of the time, this patch is good.

Oh no 10% stam boo hoo. Thats like nothing. A easy price to pay for having a stupid GB on a stick that shouldnt exist anyway.

Poles are easily still viable.

And by nerfing poles it closes the gap with other weapons to make swords, axes, and clubs more viable.

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Some interesting adjustments to poles. Which i'm not happy with. I’d like to still test long poles before I criticize - but i don't think using historical references on weapons is the right way to go for making a change. Again I'd like to test.

The big adjustment is

“Fixed issue with slashing damage not correctly calculating when you hit someone on their shield.”

This will adjust balance more then anything. If anything poles will have an a bigger advantage vs shields users now

Last edited:
All axes and clubs got buffed on 1H handles.
The thing is this patch does absolutely nothing towards making Axes viable on foot at all so it seems pretty disingenuous for you to even mention it.

Axes haven't been viable on foot basically ever because they take an absurd amount of material to craft but don't get any extra durability even when crafted on a 2h short handle.

The hit box is very difficult to use properly but even if you practice and become skilled with it the damage isn't any higher than any other viable weapon that's much easier to use so there's really no point at all.

There's basically nothing at all worth using about them which is pretty sad, I always loved 2h Brier axe since once upon a time in beta you could kinda use them.

edit: I realize now you said 1h axes. idk what to even say about that. 1h axes are just lame.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with the change to poles? Why should some retard with a sword on a long handle have the same stam as a sword user? You guys are just misinterpreting the change, all other weapon heads have been changed to match the handle stam, so only poles are affected, and the 1h variants get a small buff.

The thing is this patch does absolutely nothing towards making Axes viable on foot at all so it seems pretty disingenuous for you to even mention it.

Axes haven't been viable on foot basically ever because they take an absurd amount of material to craft but don't get any extra durability even when crafted on a 2h short handle.

The hit box is very difficult to use properly but even if you practice and become skilled with it the damage isn't any higher than any other viable weapon that's much easier to use so there's really no point at all.

There's basically nothing at all worth using about them which is pretty sad, I always loved 2h Brier axe since once upon a time in beta you could kinda use them.
axes are kinda viable, a 2h kall axe is the same stam drain as a 2h gb both being steel, the hitbox is kinda wonky though. Halberds are also still pretty good.

Im sorry but I dont think anyone ever said poleswords needed nerfed. I think they are seen as the most USABLE of the weapons. This really makes no sense to me.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
1 handed swords got a pretty big stamina cost reduction (-25%) in the patch before this one, so they are also more viable than before.
It's not enough to make them viable, far from it. And if you don't want to nerf spears, please at least adjust them somehow. They are even more blatantly OP right now. And if you fix them you could make steps in order to balance mounteds a bit ;)

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Im sorry but I dont think anyone ever said poleswords needed nerfed. I think they are seen as the most USABLE of the weapons. This really makes no sense to me.
Having no noticeable stamina drain difference on a 2H Hilt and a 2H Long Handle, isn't defendable in my opinion, the poles are like I said earlier still extremely viable, but now have a slight difference in stamina drain compared to 2H hilts.