Patch Notes 1.87.08.00 Discussion

I dont think taming should be secondary, but perhaps creature control? It is one thing to persuade and tame a beast, another to control it once it is.

By making taming secondary and allowing all characters to go and grab a horse, it abolishes the dedicated tamers market of selling travel mounts and makes their playstyle much more oriented to pet battling, which a lot of people are not into taming for
Anyone can make a f2p tamer but its just more annoying to dual client. And most ppl that roam are red anyways and cant go to town to buy mounts...

If SV cared about the "taming market" they would nerf breeding so that tamed mounts could compete.

Cc primary would be way worse, more ppl that jump on a high hp molva the second their in any trouble on foot...

Decent patch, only thing really missing is taming being secondary too. Cmon SV, make foot roams great again, let us grab a horse from the nearest spawn instead of walking for 3 hours...
The problem is that you can already give up something for this, you're just unwilling to make the choice to get points in taming. You are asking to not have to make the choice, to have it made for you, for all of us.
It won't end with taming, any choice adds pressure, if that pressure can more successfully be applied to SV than on players to adapt, it will.
Welcome to the Swedish Welfare State of Nave.

Last edited:
The problem is that you can already give up something for this, you're just unwilling to make the choice to get points in taming. You are asking to not have to make the choice, to have it made for you, for all of us.
It won't end with taming, any choice adds pressure, if that pressure can more successfully be applied to SV than on players to adapt, it will.
Welcome to the Swedish Welfare State of Nave.
I dont really have to make that choice, I can just roll a f2p tamer. Its just annoying having to dual client with the lag, etc. A dedicated p2p specialized tamer will still need the lores and other skills like cc and herding

Anyone can make a f2p tamer but its just more annoying to dual client. And most ppl that roam are red anyways and cant go to town to buy mounts...

If SV cared about the "taming market" they would nerf breeding so that tamed mounts could compete.

Cc primary would be way worse, more ppl that jump on a high hp molva the second their in any trouble on foot...
"Anyone can make a f2p tamer..." that is the issue. Stop there. You dont need to be totally self sufficient. Tamers exist and like to do what the do. Hand over a few coins to a bloke in town or over a broker - youre set.
With Riding being secondary now, simple horses will be much more popular and should be sold more frequently.
Be part of the community.

CC was just off the cuff, I dont have any other ideas without sitting and plotting it out. I do still disagree with Taming.

"Anyone can make a f2p tamer..." that is the issue. Stop there. You dont need to be totally self sufficient. Tamers exist and like to do what the do. Hand over a few coins to a bloke in town or over a broker - youre set.
With Riding being secondary now, simple horses will be much more popular and should be sold more frequently.
Be part of the community.

CC was just off the cuff, I dont have any other ideas without sitting and plotting it out. I do still disagree with Taming.
But what if Im red and cant access brokers, or my horse already died and Im in the middle of nowhere. Also taming is a joke atm, If SV cared about that they would nerf breeding so tamers can actually be useful again...

Riding is secondary but not sprinting you want player to buy horse and skip run ?
:)

riding some secondary coming do so I sell more horses but maybe not best uppdate.
what is now the Point for me to create horses who can be used with around 0 riding skill and go over 500 speed if player not win any primary Point on buying them.
I have breed and breed horses who have around 9 or highter int and run in 500+ speed with around 1000 str.
but after this uppdate I coming maybe change mays breeding and test other way.

riding maybe good for newbies, bad for many breeders.
but riding maybe shold be primary and other riding skill be secondary.
………...

but I like Wood and mining can now be used off everyone it do it more eazy for all Guilds and player who want to build house or create things.
………...

and who knowm maybe some animals lore be secondary in furture:) many off them is pain for me who use loot off taming.

(impen)

But what if Im red and cant access brokers, or my horse already died and Im in the middle of nowhere. Also taming is a joke atm, If SV cared about that they would nerf breeding so tamers can actually be useful again...
If youre red and cant use a broker, that is your own fault. Hardcore, right? If your horse dies in the middle of no where.. well I mean, hardcore, right? That is what everyone preaches, and those two things you used as examples are wrought of your own choices and mistakes.

Repeating the 'taming is useless' bit even after I pointed out that with Riding being secondary, normal horses will be used MUCH more? Is silly. On top of that, the people who actually LIKE to tame, like myself, dont care about it that much. I like taming random things to suit my random needs. Sometimes I just want a pet Wisent. Different boats for different folks and the people who like taming have many options available to them, people who just roll a tamer because they 'need' one in order to get mounts themselves should be considered invalid.

Jatix

Taming a secondary would be great. People talk about how its a tradeoff we just dont want to take but its not really. When you lose a fight because you had to drop defensive stance on your fighter to fit taming you either A, stop roaming cuz ur gimped or B, get a f2p alt. Me and my friend have rolled fighters with taming and riding and stuff. It sucks.

And it wont hurt the tamer market. Anyone can make a tamer if they want to sell donkeys. And anyone subbed can make a f2p tamer. My f2p tamer logs at the horse spawn to give my reds mounts. It would just make things better. Relogging and needing alts isnt that fun and doesnt help make people want to play more.

And its wicked annoying when your roaming on a not mounted on a not 125 max bull. and your mount dies in 5 seconds. And your tamer alt is nowhere near and you get to waste a ton of time getting a new mount. Once again, timesink. Which the game needs less off to help the pop.

so making taming a secondary promotes people actually roaming on not mounted toons riding max bred mounts.

And real taming requires zoo lores and cc + possible adv cc. So real tamers would just save a primary which would help.

If youre red and cant use a broker, that is your own fault. Hardcore, right? If your horse dies in the middle of no where.. well I mean, hardcore, right? That is what everyone preaches, and those two things you used as examples are wrought of your own choices and mistakes.

Repeating the 'taming is useless' bit even after I pointed out that with Riding being secondary, normal horses will be used MUCH more? Is silly. On top of that, the people who actually LIKE to tame, like myself, dont care about it that much. I like taming random things to suit my random needs. Sometimes I just want a pet Wisent. Different boats for different folks and the people who like taming have many options available to them, people who just roll a tamer because they 'need' one in order to get mounts themselves should be considered invalid.
There comes a point where too hardcore just pushes players away, if MO wants to recover some of its population they need to cut some of the tedious shit, like walking for hours looking for pvp or having to login f2p alts to tame horses.

Taming for mounts is pretty useless when you got breeding, you can only sell throway horses and I doubt they will be used that much more since not many blues really roam anyways.

Last edited:
Weapons are fine, all the problems lie with the mounts.
I don’t think weapons are fine IMO due to 2 Handed weapons on horseback. 2 H hammers and axes / 2H weapons in general should not Be able to be used as a mounted combatant weapon , unless they want to add in some new primary skill that requires maxing before use of 2H heavy weapons on horseback .

Just think of how much easier it would be for footies to roam , easier to roam = more fun and accessible roams... so overall IMO if we restricted mounted characters to one handed weapons only (and possibly tweak the damage of one handed weapons to become a little bit more effective on speeding horse back) we would see less mounteds with super over powered weapons on horseback , instead we would see cavalry with long / short , light weapons , or the one handed lance - we could even see sword and shield cavalry become a thing which would cause a small need for shorter horses as well instead of the typical max height bull horse due to the shorter reach of one handed / light 2 handed swords.

Lots of great ideas come from realism , and in my opinion Mortal Online could be far more balanced if we only kept the combat (especially mounted combat) near a more realistic expectation . Life balances itself - integrate ideas from real life and yu have a great balance instead of these sily fantasy build characters holding 100 lbs hammers in their one hand and swinging it like it’s a fucking wiffle ball bat .

Assuming you mean Butchering, not Skinning-- that's not depth. That's drudgery.

There were other roads toward real depth that were not taken-- and those have made all the difference.Unless you're doing the unmentionable, he doesn't even have all the lores for everything that can be butchered-- a poor return on your investment in his morbid obesity. No, you really don't; your admission is noted.You're preaching only to the choir, Reverend.

And, nevertheless, there is a lack of depth.

That lack is simply of a much earlier date than Godkin's latest tract of complaint. Nothing about letting people know how to do more than toddle is making the game shallower at this late date.

Personally, I think he just feels he missed out on cleansing some of my obese cook's Rat Onna Stick.
I really dont know what ur saying half the time but i love it

There comes a point where too hardcore just pushes players away
That's at every discrete point; the points where it's "too hardcore" for <whoever>.

At each degree of hardness, the game pushes someone away. This doesn't bother the majority, for the most part -or- for a long time -or- depending on the make-up of the population at any point in the game's history.

It looks something like this:

Demanding of an "I WIN" Button < Very, Special, Carebears < Avg. Player of MO < Tough (Old-or-New) Bastards < Savage Beasts Online
Who Cares? Will Not Be Missed | Aw, Too Bad, 'Bye Now | The Drop is Alarming | Really Low Pop | No One Left to Kill, Nor Worlds to Conquer

Of course, there are various points where there are like ten people left who can see your point of view, and who will speak up when it's your turn to be pushed away. Not just at the left end of the scale.

I really liked the mechanic back then: static horse types with certain tradeoffs, one guy in your crew was a tamer, you went to a spawn, he tamed a horse for everyone, traded them over and you were set to enjoy the game.
Constantly feeding my pet and checking whether it's dynamic level and type fits my dynamic PP pool and all that is just.. eh, too much trouble..
Damn you, Awakening.

Complexity is fine as long as it isn't forced on everyone.

Lol the people to laugh at my post are : 1) currently not playing (and she has never been a pvper) , and for the other person it’s 2) a shitter Mounted main with more bias than experience in PvP ... yet I see no rebuttal to the fact that 2 H weapon system on mount is broken and shouldn’t exist .. get rekt kiddohs .

Lol the people to laugh at my post are : 1) currently not playing (and she has never been a pvper) , and for the other person it’s 2) a shitter Mounted main with more bias than experience in PvP ... yet I see no rebuttal to the fact that 2 H weapon system on mount is broken and shouldn’t exist .. get rekt kiddohs .
Lmao I agree with you relax

Lol the people to laugh at my post are : 1) currently not playing (and she has never been a pvper)
I was laughing at the "
holding 100 lbs hammers in their one hand and swinging it like it’s a fucking wiffle ball bat
", which made me LOL. I disagreed with none of it.

... Which points out how confusion is naturally engendered by trying to use a pitiful snack-mix of emojis to indicate reactions-- some of them 'emotional', some of them for agreement or disagreement, one for speeling, etc.

All that's really needed is "Yes! No! -and- Wait, what?" Star Vault would get more sense out of their own player conversations if they got rid of the smilies.