Patch Notes - 23/August/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
T

Talos

[FONT=&quot]Patch Notes - Version 1.52.03.12[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Notice: We can't stress this enough. When the launcher is running the patch installer, let it run its course. It will take some time to apply the patch and it might seem like the installer is doing nothing, but it is working. If you reboot or kill the patcher process you run the risk of corrupting you installation, forcing you to do a full reinstall.[/FONT]

As always, the Patch Notes are posted a little bit ahead of the actual patch.

[FONT=&quot]------ ADDITIONS AND CHANGES ------[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]General:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rebuilt the guild-war system.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reduced the timers for canceling/adding guild wars it's now 3hours.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Implemented several more messages for guild war updates.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Opening/Closing palisade gates now have a 20 second cooldown to avoid spam.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Opening/Closing house doors now have a 2 second cooldown to avoid spam.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Clicking the selected character in the character-select-screen will now be the same as clicking enter game.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Unified the HP of most of the vendor/tutorial NPCs (it's now 300hp).[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Added some more restrictions for fledgling/trial users. More items have been marked as restricted and can not be traded by trial/fledgling users.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reduced the amount of damage a Lictor does from 500 to 300.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Pets killed by Lictors will now NOT drop any loot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Art:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Added soundcues when important guildwar updates happen.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Increased weight of the horse additive animations to give the player some more feedback when riding.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Killing NPCs using a lot of force will now cause them to explode into a crimson mist.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Added a particle-trail when you hit someone with a slashing melee-weapon.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Added a better particle-system that gives you a better feeling of where you hit with melee-weapons.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Weapons that have a slashing type of blade will now slash "through" the player/npcs when you hit rather then bounce of it. Blunt weapons will still "bounce" thou.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Added sounds for hitting with slash/blunt weapons to make more impact.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reduced the volume of the minor blood-decal impact sound.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Made two new hitsounds for melee-weapons based on if they are blunt/slashing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AI & Mounts:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Made some modifications to the turning of horses, each "step" is now 1/3 of what it was. This means the horse will have the same turning speed, but you have better control over it.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Removed the full turn when standing still and double-tapping the back key on a mount.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reduced the overall eye-sight of mounts making them less scared of things very far in front of them.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rebuilt the base of the mount-control. Scraped the idea of having a "target" for the mount to run towards and made a new better way to control the mounts speed and rotation. This should make the mount a lot easier to control.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You can now hold down S when riding to repeatedly tell the mount to go slower. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rebalanced most of mounts stats to make them easier to control.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The camera will now try to counter pitch when you are riding rather then following the mount's pitch.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Made several more checks for the mount to make it less scared of hills.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Horses will now be scared of high drops. If you slow down they will still be able to jump down thou. Horses that see a scary drop will try to slow down and not as before, go into panic mode.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Enlarged the interaction distance when you use your pet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skills:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Players will now start the game with the resting skill.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You will now regain a minimum of 1 HP / round when resting or sleeping even if you don't have the resting skill.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Removed the messages for when you exit resting/sleeping.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Removed the "You regained some strength." messages from resting/sleeping.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The amount you regain from resting will now increase when you are sitting in a house or close to a campfire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]------ BUG FIXES ------[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]General:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Mailed items will no longer take up space in your inventory when you are splitting stacks.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fixed a equipment glitch when un-equipping while having a full inventory.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Combat:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You can now correctly choose what side to swing from whilst on a horse by looking in the direction that you wish to swing.[/FONT]

Vulpeculae

Nice but only 3 bug fixes? :( Thought that fixing bugs were your primary objective.

I like it , hope it works I really like the fact that people cant guard wack pets for money anymore its gonna stabilize the economy.

Skalicon

Trial Member
Interesting

Raknar

Nice but only 3 bug fixes? :( Thought that fixing bugs were your primary objective.
One can say all the horse changes are one single huge bug fix though :)

But yes, we are needing some more. Basically what prince listed (and then some more).

To end on a positive note: Love the sound of the resting changes :D

not one mention of a possible fix for FAILED. Are we still working on this game breaking feature?

princereaper

Exalted Member
not one mention of a possible fix for FAILED. Are we still working on this game breaking feature?
I have yet to see this since the last fix, i think its just people freezing on your screen and you being able to hit them. in the wessex siege, everyone kept freezing and running on the spot on my screen, and i was able to bash frontal 4 times in the head and he took damage, but the same happened to me, i was taking damage, and then everyone teleported back to their places, it was like everyone got put on pause and i was able to still carry on hitting them and walk about then it unpause and they would teleport back to the position that they was meant to be in.

prince, what is happening now is you just don't get anything in your combat log, and no hit sound either, you just lose chunks of hp for "no apparent reason". They said they trying to turn off the FAILED delivering damage, what they really turned off was FAILED being displayed in the chat log.

Raknar

I have yet to see this since the last fix, i think its just people freezing on your screen and you being able to hit them. in the wessex siege, everyone kept freezing and running on the spot on my screen, and i was able to bash frontal 4 times in the head and he took damage, but the same happened to me, i was taking damage, and then everyone teleported back to their places, it was like everyone got put on pause and i was able to still carry on hitting them and walk about then it unpause and they would teleport back to the position that they was meant to be in.
What last fix was this? I don't see FAILED either but thats just because the message is hidden. I still get damage out of nowhere... which is kinda worse than failed.

Although what you are describing should probably get priority over FAILED. I experienced it as well.

Oh yeah i don't think no one is going to use the guild war system if its the same as the one before.

we prefer not to get ganked in town and be red and have stat loss instead so we have to see what they mean by "rebuilt the guild war system" ...maybe just a gui update? with more features?

What about alliances? most wars have more then one guild involved. how do you expect the guild accepting a war dec is going to work with more then one guild usually involved? we still do not even have a alliance system?

Interesting. Very few bug fixes though. I hope is because the big bugs are still under testing and not that you guys forgot about / can't fix them.

Also the general changes are very very very nice !

Raknar

Oh yeah no one going to use the guild war system if its the same as the one before.

we prefer not to get ganked in town and be red and have stat loss instead.
Thats because you have a choice... which is kinda silly to have a choice when someone warrs you.

"I DECLARE WAR ON YOU, YOUR HEAD SHALL BE IN A SPIKE BY THE FORTNIGHT".

"Meh, not really... don't feel like fighting you. I'll just be red and go kill someone else. K thx bye".

Thats because you have a choice... which is kinda silly to have a choice when someone warrs you.

"I DECLARE WAR ON YOU, YOUR HEAD SHALL BE IN A SPIKE BY THE FORTNIGHT".

"Meh, not really... don't feel like fighting you. I'll just be red and go kill someone else. K thx bye".
yeah i think that declaring war should not be a issue, it should be coming to peace that is hard.

if you declare war, then the enemy has to sue for peace. or you pretty much destroy something of theirs and then you able to sue for peace.

I was thinking if the guild war system should even allow you to be kill someone within a guard zone just because you at war? whats the difference? the guards just going to sit there and let people kill each other?

but thats not really a issue is it. its more a gameplay mechanic, but forced war decs should be standard with some form of system, and maybe change it so that you still get guarded if you hit someone you are at war with in a town to balance things out so that declaring war isn't so "major" in a sense.

I think that you should be able to kill people in a guard zone if you are at war with a keep owner. then you will be able to kill each other in the town that the keep owners reside in.

this way you can combat people moving boulders to your keep and also the attackers can affect the keep owners hauled up in a town and just restocking and coming back at you after you killed them all at a battle or something.

Raknar

I was thinking if the guild war system should even allow you to be kill someone within a guard zone just because you at war? whats the difference? the guards just going to sit there and let people kill each other?
I think the reasoning is that you're paying the emperor to look the other way around. What is the point of war if you can still hide behind the guardzone?

guryon

<font color=#00d07d><b>The Botanist</b></font>
Killing NPCs using a lot of force will now cause them to explode into a crimson mist.
Whaaa?! Why? WHY?

I thought this game liked to make some pretence of a basis in realism. What are we now? Quake? UT? Cmon gibs?! Does this really add to the game in any way form or means?

I'm unreasonably disappointed by this change.

I think the reasoning is that you're paying the emperor to look the other way around. What is the point of war if you can still hide behind the guardzone?
re-read my previous post. I didn't actually mean it like that, more like, standard wars should not involve ability to kill people in town, and its force dec, and maybe have different rule sets of war declaring, one for fighting keep owners, with the ability to kill them in town.

so if you declare war on a keep owner then you could be able to kill them in town and the same to you.

or maybe.

Have a system where you pay upkeep, and you can pay more upkeep, for stuff like the ability to fight the person you declared war in town and stuff.

Raknar

Have a system where you pay upkeep, and you can pay more upkeep, for stuff like the ability to fight the person you declared war in town and stuff.
This part I can agree to. Especially because we desperately need some gold sinks.

This part I can agree to. Especially because we desperately need some gold sinks.
like 100g a day to have the ability to kill guild X in town Y

example, I declared war on forsaken, and then i payed 100g a week/day to have the ability to kill them in bakti to force them to move to another town.

Keep owners, get to declare war and have no fee killing guilds they declared war on within towns under their control.

so killing ghost division in bakti would be 0 gold per day when forsaken declare war on us since forsaken owns the area that bakti is in.

there can be penalties for war. if you declare war and payed upkeep to attack the person in a town, then even if you can't pay the upkeep, the other guild will still be able to attack you in town.

so sure you can declare war on forsaken and just kill them in town for 1 day but then if you don't come to peace and you don't or can't pay the additional upkeep, forsaken will still be able to kill you in town while you are unable to attack them first until they attack you.

So the war doesn't come to a end for the attacker unless they destroy the other guild or the other side accepts peace and the defenders will still be able to kill the attackers in town even if the attacker just once chooses the option to attack forsaken in bakti or another town, this would give the defenders the ability to attack in town while the attackers will have to pay upkeep to do this.

Man I get all jacked up for fighting only when reading your suggestions! It would be so awesome to be agle to fight more people without the fear of murdercounts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.