Patch Notes - 23/August/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
i has horses; Gimme a sail!

... i dont care we dont have another continent. Rafting Meduli falls seems cool.

What I find interesting is the 300 damage lictors...

That means a thur/khur with top end armor could survive a hit.

Interesting...
I think this was to balance the effect the damage at the point of death has on your reserves. Lowering the damage from the lictor means you won't take as much of a hit to your reserves if you get guarded. Not that this really impacts much, I can just see no other reason for it at this point. Unless they added armor mitigation to lictor damage. Then it needs to be tested. A 200 hp thursar/kurite mitigating around 50% of 300 dmg would take 150 damage.

I think this was to balance the effect the damage at the point of death has on your reserves. Lowering the damage from the lictor means you won't take as much of a hit to your reserves if you get guarded. Not that this really impacts much, I can just see no other reason for it at this point. Unless they added armor mitigation to lictor damage. Then it needs to be tested. A 200 hp thursar/kurite mitigating around 50% of 300 dmg would take 150 damage.
Just take a damn 834234532 fall damage. (period)

I thought campodons had more then 300hps? Why not just be an asshole creature handler and let your campodons loose in a blue town?

Allastar

Heh... not sure if it was like this before already, but it now spams "You are fully rested."

Allastar

It did since dawn, but still, two steps forward.
Yeah I don't mind. Least now I don't have to scroll up a bunch to see if anyone msged me while I was sleeping and alt tabbed.

Okay, cant guard pets anymore? Okay..

This only makes sense if you no longer go grey for hitting your OWN pet.

I think its ironic that they pretty much gave us pre dawn horse control back again, cause the system they had planned didn't really work out in practice.

One thing I noticed as well which most likely is a bug , but you can now ride horses without riding skill, useful on those crafters I guess until its fixed.

The other thing is re-spawn timers, they seem to have been reset back to beta timers. This is hurting the game cause people tame entire spawns just to get a good horse and then its gone for hours.

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Riding feels a lot better now. Still slow but much better.

Everytime someone push me or attacks me I start getting pushed a lot by a ghost... Fix it asap plz.

Hertix

my house bleeds when i slash it with ma sword....

why did you delete half the posts in here?

someone please explain? I posted a huge amount of stuff that still needs fixing and you go and delete it?

schlock

Trial Member
I have no idea what all that guild fix stuff means because I am pretty new to the game but I can say with absolute conviction that the horse riding fixes are spot on! Control of mounts was a very big problem for anybody new to the game and now that it's fixed, it makes it much easier for me to suggest or recommend this game to others.
Good job devs, you put a smile on this gamers face :)

i think the issue with horses was, that it was horrible at low levels and still uncontrollable at higher levels.

Can anyone tell any difference in terms of movement from a 1 skill riding dude to a 100 riding guy?

Dovahkiin

hitting mobs etc is way more realistic and cool, like it

Status
Not open for further replies.