Patch Notes - 7/September/2011

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member
So..so..is this a first step into the extermination of the memory leaks O.O? (pls say yes ^^)
and..

^this
We did find some leaks regarding ghost mounts and weather effects, this could cause the mem leak.

We have not been able to get a leak since this and been trying for some time now.
We appreciate feedback on this and if it's at a specific location or specific actions.

Thanks

Tizio

Focus Group
We did find some leaks regarding ghost mounts and weather effects, this could cause the mem leak.

We have not been able to get a leak since this and been trying for some time now.
We appreciate feedback on this and if it's at a specific location or specific actions.

Thanks
one trip:

bakti, cerulite rock, meduli, vadda, desert horse spawn, bakti, fors keep.

No memory leak!
Maybe is working ^^

Villie

Except for horses not being able to move up some stairs now and bowcrafting having changed once again, the patch is OK.
I've been getting stuck a lot more with my horse so far. Let's not get me started about moving my horse up stairs, small passages and hills

Lelldorin

Still waiting for that patch where it says something like " 4-5 new dungeons added with alot of new mobs ", but I guess the A.I still hasnt been fixed or coded so wouldnt be any point in adding that kind of content yet. Still i think when it is this game will see double the amount of players with me included.

Mauzi

Status King
Just sharing that you can't ride up horses a pallisade ramp anymore. They'll follow you though - so consider that when you plan on fighting up there now !

Yeah horses are picky now, where they want to ride.
If you try to ride in Toxai from the armor crafting tables, you wont make it up to the fighting tutor. You have to get of your horse and tell it to follow...and good luck with that :q

patch problems

Hi guys... when i start MO it gives me an error applying the patch

patching error. failure opening new files c:\.....\...\\..\\\\.....\rta61160

i try to reistall but everytime the error appair witha different file name..

what i must do?

thx

Hi guys... when i start MO it gives me an error applying the patch

patching error. failure opening new files c:\.....\...\\..\\\\.....\rta61160

i try to reistall but everytime the error appair witha different file name..

what i must do?

thx
You should post it in the "Support" forum :)

but dunno if this help: try "Client Integrity Scan" in "Options" in the launcher

My friend and I, both OG MMOers since 1998 UO, started and quit MO the same time. However, we are still reading and we still love it. This patch sounds great. BTW, we didn't rage quite. We're both far beyond that. It's just that we're both near 50 now and have "life" to contend with. We both really wish we had the time to put into Mortal like we did in past MMOs. We're thinking about starting up again as winter sets in. Hail!

well an early welcome back to mo :)