Political Refuge

Please fill out:

• I do not Support this idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If yes... No Bank?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
I am not up to date on politics, so I would like to do this to play on the safe side. I posted not long ago about wanting to host a public service to add a little bit of life into the game, a location I would tend to and sell items at as well as provide conversations and perhaps a weekly or biweekly event, and would still like to. With the newest patch I am playing more and my characters are more diverse in their skills, and want to build toward the previous.

I will not build it if I am threatened. I am not interested in conflict and it would gain no reaction, and I play other games that I can play if I am chased out of this one. I want to create something open and for the community, just so we can have something to do. We need more of that. Things to DO. Places to visit. Tournaments, social gatherings. The game is dying, and if you want it to live long enough to improve more, we need content created and some structure.

Therefore I am posting a poll for the public, as well as asking any leadership of any militia based guilds to comment on this thread or send me a PM with their stance toward the idea.

The settlement would include:
An Inn
A Broker with Food posted regularly, as well as cheap travel horses for any adventurer on foot, and small packs including a torch, a bonfire, some bandages, some food, a shovel, and a note.
A public use press and grinder.
Stables
Bank
Red Priest
Raidable Home with chests that get stocked randomly

as well, some walls to provide atmosphere but not close it in, and other misc (farms? training area? Spawn point???). It would be suited with at minimum a Food Vendor and Utility Vendor, but ideally would also have a mount equipment vendor, a reagent vendor, and a bag vendor. Depending on various factors, may be fitted with guards. First the guards that only attack when called, then blue guards if that doesnt work.

Events would depend on interest and my schedule and would range from tournaments (with twists?), jousting, pet battles, ability comparing (who can do this faster / better), food contests (bring your own ingredients, make food good for x and x value, use allotted ingredients to make best food possible, etc), and whatever other nonsense I could come up with.

It would be a neutral zone, and any non-group fighting inside the premises is discouraged. In the case of guards, they will be used.

Post thoughts and opinions below, Guild Leaders please make statement or message me, and please use the poll!

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Ultimately, you won't be allowed to do this; it's too 'nice' a thing in an environment with too many people who will not allow that kind of thing. Too bad.

But, hey, I could be wrong, or at least not be right 'for a while'.

Good luck.

Actually this type of idea was kind of kicked around, similar to one of the set ups that Ichorous had

Thread starter #7
Ultimately, you won't be allowed to do this; it's too 'nice' a thing in an environment with too many people who will not allow that kind of thing. Too bad.

But, hey, I could be wrong, or at least not be right 'for a while'.

Good luck.
Is the poll unavailable to you?
Actually this type of idea was kind of kicked around, similar to one of the set ups that Ichorous had
I know, I've done this before back when I played more actively. Each time it was terrorized or blown up.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Is the poll unavailable to you?
No; I was reluctant to vote in support of a thing I shall not be able to support with action-- but that inability is the only reason I had hesitated to vote.

"The try will live forever", someone once said.

i would fully support the idea ; but i'll be realistic ; in a game when harassment and killfor fun is at every corner , you won't be able to do it exept if you put 10 lictor at gate , and 5 at every checkpoint ... the idea is great but you wont be able to

Thread starter #10
i would fully support the idea ; but i'll be realistic ; in a game when harassment and killfor fun is at every corner , you won't be able to do it exept if you put 10 lictor at gate , and 5 at every checkpoint ... the idea is great but you wont be able to
I'm not trying to DO anything against the efforts of the people who want to destroy everything - they have already done so. It is why the game is dying. All people do is destroy, kill, log out and don't log back in until there is some sort of new fight or a new person to kill. That is the problem.

I am purposing these people to understand that while they are fully allowed to do this, the game, without any argument, is dying, and we need to give more variety to the masses. We need content. Some people like X, some like Y, some just like seeing a player actually alive in the world instead of seeing a barren wasteland - so let me open a community center, of sorts, and try to get some events and conversation happening. I am doing this for the game and the future of the community, not for myself - though i do enjoy being a caretaker.

It's simple, they either agree with my proposal and I build, or they dont and I dont. If they lie and wait and blow me up after, it's fine. I'll just give up trying to do my part in any sort of revival and keep to myself. It's a choice between trying to add content to the game in order to promote more population (and therefore more of everything), or refusing so and getting a chub while destroying it and continuing to let the game wallow.

Thread starter #11
Also, please, use the poll :)

Can’t use the poll, either. But it is something I’d support and back. Just try to have some sort of defense plan laid out well in advance. Good luck.

Thread starter #14
Can’t use the poll, either. But it is something I’d support and back. Just try to have some sort of defense plan laid out well in advance. Good luck.
That's the thing - I am not looking to be a political figure. I dont care about defense, really, I just want to be overlooked in terms of conflict. This would be like a 3rd party installation for the game world, something all can benefit from - with public sales, priest, and a raidable home.

That's the thing - I am not looking to be a political figure. I dont care about defense, really, I just want to be overlooked in terms of conflict. This would be like a 3rd party installation for the game world, something all can benefit from - with public sales, priest, and a raidable home.
yeah need heavy defense , on some good contact wit hall existing guild

Teknique

trubrite

I share your sentiments, it is an unfortunate fact of life here in Nave that anything standing out in the middle of the wilderness will need defending. It doesn’t have to involve politics; just enough of a deterrent that any group thinking of razing your construction project to the ground — If for no other reason than the fact that they can — will think twice or thrice, and turn around and leave.

These groups, whoever they may be, are out there and once they know the location of your installation they will come, sooner or later. A saying I have is, one may not take any interest in politics, but at some point politics may take an interest in you. Stay away from politics if you must, but be prepared for the inevitable when it comes.

An army of NPC guards, thick walls and a solid gate to control who gets in or out should do the trick. I leave that task to your very capable hands and creativity. Should you require materials or supplies, I shall be happy to provide whatever I can spare.

Last edited:
It's true that Nave is in need of alternatives. However, alternatives that ignore the reality of what Nave is will not survive and will further depress. This has been attempted so many times, one must learn from the past. My take would be to focus on either an open community, or one that is safe.

Open communities accept ransacking and fighting as a hedge against sieges.

Closed Guarded communities are limited in appeal and breadth but are safe and attractive to noobs.

To attempt both safety and openness without political affiliation lacks wisdom. Whatever you choose, think of the gods first or nothing really matters anyway.