Please fill out:

• I do not Support this idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If yes... No Bank?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Open communities accept ransacking and fighting as a hedge against sieges.
In my experience, as of those you could say failed to #MarkMyWords , open communities that accept ransacking and fighting are razed to the ground, sieged, and have plans laid :p to have that ground taken from them *anyway*.

Godkin knows this better than anyone and even though he failed to plant his alt guild (Elavamavale) in its place, he should have the courage to be honest about how he destroyed the only open community he ever dared to. The lesson for everyone: Build walls and post guards.

Hedges don't even stop arrows-- anymore.

Last edited:
Thread starter #22
It's true that Nave is in need of alternatives. However, alternatives that ignore the reality of what Nave is will not survive and will further depress. This has been attempted so many times, one must learn from the past. My take would be to focus on either an open community, or one that is safe.

Open communities accept ransacking and fighting as a hedge against sieges.

Closed Guarded communities are limited in appeal and breadth but are safe and attractive to noobs.

To attempt both safety and openness without political affiliation lacks wisdom. Whatever you choose, think of the gods first or nothing really matters anyway.
I'm not ignoring what Nave is, I am urging players to witness the "reality" of what they have caused it to be, and realize if they want more life and players for the game, it needs to change, at least some. In my mind, this project would be a step toward that.

It's not about wanting conflict, or not. Wanting to destroy, or not. It's about accepting that in a dying game we need some encouragement for both new and old players to stay logged in and look forward to things other than sitting ready to log on for a fight and having it barren otherwise. It's about the community seeing a project such as this and accepting that some things are more important than their urges to break buildings. Like, say, having the players to make such buildings.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that it would be an open settlement that would originally have no guards, and would have a home that would have chests in it for players to attempt to raid. The home would be locked/unlocked randomly, as well as stocked randomly. The only reason I would reach for guards is if people took to camping or griefing at anything beyond a house raid. Note in the OP i said any fighting inside the town (besides group fighting, i understand if two groups are battling and wander though during battle) is discouraged, but I didnt say outside. If you get mad or want to fight, hang out outside the doors or call in to see if anyone wants to battle.

Yes, this is different than what we have going now. But what is going now is a free for all mess with the vets being bloodthirsty and training all new players they get to be the same way - and without some limitation to that ravaging path, there can be no room for the game to grow.

Ravage the land all day! Slaughter every tamer in the wild you see! Rob the armor book worth 5k out of the noobs pocket! Go to war and blow up your enemies! Yes! Do all of it! But respect that there can be entities that exist outside of that veil of blood - like a public communal town. Keep it light, do a drive by, raid the house, dont stomp through it and murder everything alive, dont camp it, dont revisit every 30 mins to clear out the next round of people chatting - let people have some breathing room to enjoy the game, so that you are able to keep the ability of destroying them elsewhere in the world. More people = more content and more conflict, and this project would be to help get or at least retain more people.

Last edited:
I'm not ignoring what Nave is, I am urging players to witness the "reality" of what they have caused it to be, and realize if they want more life and players for the game, it needs to change, at least some. In my mind, this project would be a step toward that.

It's not about wanting conflict, or not. Wanting to destroy, or not. It's about accepting that in a dying game we need some encouragement for both new and old players to stay logged in and look forward to things other than sitting ready to log on for a fight and having it barren otherwise. It's about the community seeing a project such as this and accepting that some things are more important than their urges to break buildings. Like, say, having the players to make such buildings.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that it would be an open settlement that would originally have no guards, and would have a home that would have chests in it for players to attempt to raid. The home would be locked/unlocked randomly, as well as stocked randomly. The only reason I would reach for guards is if people took to camping or griefing at anything beyond a house raid. Note in the OP i said any fighting inside the town (besides group fighting, i understand if two groups are battling and wander though during battle) is discouraged, but I didnt say outside. If you get mad or want to fight, hang out outside the doors or call in to see if anyone wants to battle.

Yes, this is different than what we have going now. But what is going now is a free for all mess with the vets being bloodthirsty and training all new players they get to be the same way - and without some limitation to that ravaging path, there can be no room for the game to grow.

Ravage the land all day! Slaughter every tamer in the wild you see! Rob the armor book worth 5k out of the noobs pocket! Go to war and blow up your enemies! Yes! Do all of it! But respect that there can be entities that exist outside of that veil of blood - like a public communal town. Keep it light, do a drive by, raid the house, dont stomp through it and murder everything alive, dont camp it, dont revisit every 30 mins to clear out the next round of people chatting - let people have some breathing room to enjoy the game, so that you are able to keep the ability of destroying them elsewhere in the world. More people = more content and more conflict, and this project would be to help get or at least retain more people.
yea agree with this, it would be nice to have a town where people could meet like that and trade etc. Player made town, it would bring someting fresh to the game

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Nice idea, already mentioned and started several times during the last years, but I don't know if any of those public towns made it for more than some month.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
yea agree with this, it would be nice to have a town where people could meet like that and trade etc. Player made town, it would bring someting fresh to the game
There's nothing fresh about the idea of player-made towns; it's been tried, repeatedly.

Sadly, you'll always have to keep finding new places to lurk in as well as new people to feed off of.

There's nothing fresh about the idea of player-made towns; it's been tried, repeatedly.

Sadly, you'll always have to keep finding new places to lurk in as well as new people to feed off of.
Ichorus did it and it workt out great wen he had that keep and he had guards protecting it

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Ichorus did it and it workt out great wen he had that keep and he had guards protecting it
He had walls, he had gates, he had guards, he had some areas that were never open to the public, and he could and did close up shop(s) when necessary; he could also afford to hire both 'protection' and folks to farm prominence. He had a vast fund of good will and a reputation for neutrality (which is a finicky, evanescent thing: you can lose it by defending yourself). It was a great operation on a grand scale, while it lasted. If you're looking to build another IchorCorp, good luck; it might work-- for a while-- once you get it finished, and if you have all the above things.

If you or anyone else is looking to establish something smaller, more open, and keep it running-- nah.

Mind you I'm like a time warp from 2015, but GrayFox defending a player towns surely is a sign of changed times. I have much to learn of the world.

Always loved Ichorcorp and any open territory. Had some myself for a bit and it was a pvp hotspot. Just know that, no matter what you do. If you plan on having open territory people will raid. If anything it's a good thing though. You want more population? You want to see more people outside? Don't build walls. When I lived by granum rock outside tind I literally had almost non stop interaction. <Most of it negative> But it's because our village had no walls and no guards. I might even put it back up honestly, that house was some of the most fun I've had in mo. Made a few friends even. Just make sure you don't look like you're storing boulders or taking sides and you should be fine. The random player killing and endless raids didn't ruin the game. The reaction did. Walls and Guards are why you don't see people walking around.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Just make sure you don't look like you're storing boulders or taking sides and you should be fine.
This is wishful thinking^^--

someone may decide he wants your spot--

but otherwise you're mostly spot on.