Raiding

Just because u got lucky a couple of times with poorly constructed pallisades doesnt mean this stuff can act as "ladders". TC needs more consistent risk than something that happens once every few months and can be fully negated pretty easily
That's a lot more than "a couple" of examples. Tell you what, you start storing all your gold, gear and mats in a house and we can start talking about TC and risk. Funny how the only people that want ladders with no counter-measure are the people that have no TC.

Thread starter #62
- If guards lose a days worth of salary upon death, then yes, they become too costly to justify their use. And too easy a target for griefing. Guards already drop loot. You're proposing to increase that loot/cost by 24 times.
- Adding ladders without a counter measure effectively eliminates the function of walls. Just think portals w/o portal blockers.
- Guilds would only put a minimal amount of money in the guild tax manager, which would then require more tedious daily maintenance of TC. People already complain that having TC is like having a second job. Do we really want to make it more laborious?

I would have to be misrepresenting your arguments in order for there to be a straw man. There's an obvious train of logical consequence between what you propose and the reality of those proposals. Maybe this isn't evident to you because you have little to no TC experience.

Here's something to think about. Deed drops were removed because sieging was too profitable. RPK is the reason deed drops were removed. What do you think RPK would be doing if raiding was profitable?

TC is already very time consuming, costly and undesirable. All you have to do is ride around the map and see how empty it is. Ladders with no counter-measures will only exacerbate the problem.

There's already plenty of discussions going on concerning TC Towers. Personally, I think they're fine as they are now as long as they don't eliminate the usefulness of walls/guards and fix no-build footprints. It takes quite an investment to properly protect a TC Tower, as it should be.
Just for fun, you could try "Steel-manning". Make it the best case possible, everything balanced in a way that provides maximal enjoyment as I would see it and agree, and then tell me why it's still wrong. Not just for a guild, or group, but for the game.

Good points all around.

When I say guards drop salary from the treasury, I mean up to a days pay. Not all at once, and no more. Guards becoming a potential liability is exactly the point. Linear games and growth are very bad. The economics of building an empire, whether it's profitable or not would be entirely up to the empire. Some guilds might rarely lose a single gold coin to this change, others, well.....they may be more unpopular with the residents.

However, I think RPK! would be having an absolute blast with a #raidingpatch and more importantly, so would everyone else. I remember the days when RPK! folks were eager to raid, and disappointed deeds were removed. Heavy lies the crown, I suppose. To be clear, I am not suggesting that Sieges should be rewarded with Deeds. I'm describing low level engagements where the resource "transaction" from combat is gold.

That's a lot more than "a couple" of examples. Tell you what, you start storing all your gold, gear and mats in a house and we can start talking about TC and risk. Funny how the only people that want ladders with no counter-measure are the people that have no TC.
like you would lose anything stored in a house lel

Last edited:
Just for fun, you could try "Steel-manning". Make it the best case possible, everything balanced in a way that provides maximal enjoyment as I would see it and agree, and then tell me why it's still wrong. Not just for a guild, or group, but for the game.
Here's how you make the game more fun:
- Make the game less complicated and more intuitive. (pet feeding, food, player interface, replace sliders with numbers)
- Create roads and road signs between towns.
- Improve the new player experience. (run speed, noobie island)
- Make all stone walls and metal walls cost prominence. (wood walls are fine)
- Make guards only attack players and pets, not siege weapons. (AI pathing sucks and defensive siege weapons)
- Monthly themed events. (Halloween, Christmas, etc)
- Relic drops should all happen in the first 10 hours of server up and they should be more profitable.
- Buff extraction and prominence relics.
- Make offline murder count burning available.
- Permaban hackers and post a wall of shame.
- Guild blacklist option.
- Eliminate siege weapon ammo. (Make sieging less tedious and more spontaneous)
- Increase wood chopping. (chopping wood sucks)
- Nerf base module houses, decrease module costs and buff module hp and carpentry hp. (300k base - 8 million max)
- Nerf portal blockers and revert elementalism icewall and stonewall changes. You can have your damn ladders then too.
- Increase no-build zones around key locations and towns.
- Work with guilds with existing TC to fix tower placement and TC placement to fall in-line with existing rules.
- Bring back forced wardecs. (Tier 3+ guilds only)
- Consistent small balance/content patches.
- Make player factions only available to non-guilded characters.
- Make the game more casual friendly. We need more noobs and pve fanboys.

Thread starter #65
- Make the game less complicated and more intuitive. (pet feeding, food, player interface, replace sliders with numbers)
- Make guards only attack players and pets, not siege weapons. (AI pathing sucks and defensive siege weapons)
- Relic drops should all happen in the first 10 hours of server up and they should be more profitable.
- Nerf base module houses, decrease module costs and buff module hp and carpentry hp. (300k base - 8 million max)
- Nerf portal blockers and revert elementalism icewall and stonewall changes. You can have your damn ladders then too.
- Work with guilds with existing TC to fix tower placement and TC placement to fall in-line with existing rules.
Nothing to disagree with from me. It's interesting to see the game from your end. Not sure how many people that have ever played this game would put "Buff Extraction and Prominence Relics" as a top suggestion ;)
Though, you're not really steel-manning. Just kind of stating other things you might like, while disagreeing with the premise that TC interaction needs to change. I get it.
For the rest of us, and the good of the game overall, I think ladders and guards dropping gold from treasury will go a very long way as well.

Last edited:
For the rest of us, and the good of the game overall, I think ladders and guards dropping gold from treasury will go a very long way as well.
I'm fine with ladders. Just don't think guards need to be more farmable. You do know that you get about 1g per guard kill in silver, right?

You can add:
- blowing up a guild stone costs a guild half it's prominence too.

Last edited:
Thread starter #67
I'm fine with ladders. Just don't think guards need to be more farmable. You do know that you get about 1g per guard kill in silver, right?
You can add:
- blowing up a guild stone costs a guild half it's prominence too.
None of the guards I've killed have dropped that, very good to know though. Thanks. I think it's important that it drains the treasury, up to a limit. I don't even know if Seb could do it. Just a sting in the form of some gold can spur a lot of activity. People like their gold, despite what they say, and no matter how tiny the amount.

None of the guards I've killed have dropped that, very good to know though. Thanks.
I just made 30g killing soldier mages at TOFU palisade while sieging. 80-120 silver per kill. And I was only 1 of about 10 people killing guards and looting over the course of an hour.

Thread starter #70
I just made 30g killing soldier mages at TOFU palisade while sieging. 80-120 silver per kill. And I was only 1 of about 10 people killing guards and looting over the course of an hour.
Very nice. Probably came close to covering dura loss. I hear it already drains a small amount from the treasury as well. Not sure exact numbers but that's a good thing.

Speznat

I agree in most stuff, but think of a wall of shame with the name: Sockdolagerr on it and also 10 more names that have just 1 leter changed than your name. what will the average user say if you wanna make a trusted trade stuff and he looks on the wall of shame and see 5-10 names on the hacker cheater wall of shame, he will not trust you anymore even if youre not the rela one on the list. just because an idiot thought it would be funny to fuck you up.

this could happen to persons like, ichorous, azidano, me, some RPK and some other well known people as well there will be then so much misspelled names on the wall of shame wich would help noone.

you know what i mean?

Thread starter #72
Oh, that one snuck by me, no on the wall of shame. Obscurity and irrelevance beats infamy in my opinion.

bUt I cAnT bE sAfE iN mY wAlLs
Do u hAvE WaLlS ? oh u dont own anything besides your ironbone armor and flake weapon in Kran. Believe me, i do more exploring and enjoing the game than u watching your kranesh npc's looped animations.

Valhalo

Trial Member
Just remove placeable guards entirely, no compensation, no phasing out, no nerf, no bullshit. They are shit and always have been and they cause the game more greif than good, take a leap of faith and just cut the tumor out entirely. There are a few players who will throw their toys out the cott initially, but they’ll get over it and if not then too bad for them, more people will return.

Thread starter #77
All good stuff.

Let's get that #raidingpatch2019!

For the glory of the gods!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
You can't remember never thinking something. Just sayin'...
With reference to this issue, you just said more shit, that's all. There was enough of that said already. Your efforts are superfluous.

We had questions for ourselves about the vulnerability to siege of what we built, including but not limited to those things in the cave. We answered them to our own satisfaction on more than one occasion. Your post-incidental but certainly premature satisfaction was not taken into account, and thus you did not get the memo.

Not just saying that; I mean it. Find another hobby-horse.