Remove Can Hit Blue Toggle in Preferences

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
its █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ are █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
its █ █ █ █ saying █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ is █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ .
█ █ █ █ is █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
Redacted that for you.

Next time, use a [SPOILER].

-1 No "Party Hard".

I feel that with the upcoming newbie island, the Can Hit Blue toggle would become redundant and obsolete. New players would start with the unlimited fledgling flag which protects them from all manner of theft and murder by other players, including blue-blocking if I’m not mistaken.
The feature isn't for new players, it's for all players ; If it were for new players it would disappear like help chat and let's not pretend like the toggle protects you from theft and murder , I am not sure why you even bring that up.
It would mean that by the time these new players shed their fledgling flag or move to the mainland, they should be experienced and hardened weapon users who can strike only when they know that there is a clear line of sight to do so.

I’m not any good at pvp, but even I have the Can Hit Blue toggle enabled (no blue-blocking protection) at all times no matter what the situation because I know when to swing my weapon and when not to. Such that if I were to hit a blue, the fault would be entirely my own.
More redundancy again, this is not only for new players. It is also fallacious to imply that if you have experience you will always have perfect timing and swing knowledge(knowing u wont hit someone else)* and if "even I have the Can Hit Blue toggle enabled (no blue-blocking protection) ...know when to swing my weapon and when not to. " then I guess you aren't swinging your weapon much at all. It is always advantageous the grey or red with blue friends to be fighting a blue with attack blue on simply bc they will not be able to enter towns and if they are fighting with randoms they can turn on that person and kill them easily.
I think it’s time to put the responsibility back in the player’s hands. I’m suggesting that it’s time to remove the Can Hit Blue toggle entirely when the newbie island is released. Let’s not coddle the new players anymore than is necessary.
If you want to make this change then you will need to -*fix the laggingnetplay the weird hitboxes the teleporting the weapon and char movement delays and all the bugs that make combat laggy and random - It is not like chivalry where ur hits go where u want them too,

you want people to fight right? this is mortal get this change done and less people will fight around towns and that's a fact.

And to the people that are like "bUt thAt oNly apOlUes To ToWnS" well where else would it matter? lol It obviously doesn't have a big impact outside of towns and there wouldn't and shouldn't be a request to get it removed if we weren't talking about it in towns.

TLDR; This is a feature that benefits all players and lets them play more in tune of what they want to actually be doing, If the toggle is removed there will be less pvp in and near towns(less engagements) because people will not want to risk going grey(if they are outnumbered and/or have randoms as allies in bigger fights). It is also misleading to say that the more experience you have the better of a chance you will have to hit what you want and have better timing ; The game is buggy for various reasons and everybody knows that. So you can be as good as you want but you aren't immune to getting blue blocked because of the game state.

Speznat

Last edited:

Teknique

Teknique

The feature isn't for new players, it's for all players ; If it were for new players it would disappear like help chat and let's not pretend like the toggle protects you from theft and murder , I am not sure why you even bring that up.

More redundancy again, this is not only for new players. It is also fallacious to imply that if you have experience you will always have perfect timing and swing knowledge(knowing u wont hit someone else)* and if "even I have the Can Hit Blue toggle enabled (no blue-blocking protection) ...know when to swing my weapon and when not to. " then I guess you aren't swinging your weapon much at all. It is always advantageous the grey or red with blue friends to be fighting a blue with attack blue on simply bc they will not be able to enter towns and if they are fighting with randoms they can turn on that person and kill them easily.

If you want to make this change then you will need to -*fix the laggingnetplay the weird hitboxes the teleporting the weapon and char movement delays and all the bugs that make combat laggy and random - It is not like chivalry where ur hits go where u want them too,

you want people to fight right? this is mortal get this change done and less people will fight around towns and that's a fact.

And to the people that are like "bUt thAt oNly apOlUes To ToWnS" well where else would it matter? lol It obviously doesn't have a big impact outside of towns and there wouldn't and shouldn't be a request to get it removed if we weren't talking about it in towns.

TLDR; This is a feature that benefits all players and lets them play more in tune of what they want to actually be doing, If the toggle is removed there will be less pvp in and near towns(less engagements) because people will not want to risk going grey(if they are outnumbered and/or have randoms as allies in bigger fights). It is also misleading to say that the more experience you have the better of a chance you will have to hit what you want and have better timing ; The game is buggy for various reasons and everybody knows that. So you can be as good as you want but you aren't immune to getting blue blocked because of the game state.
Why not toggle invulnerability, it would be beneficial to everyone. A toggle that plays the game for you is trash. If you don’t want to take risks why are you even playing mortal

Why not toggle invulnerability, it would be beneficial to everyone. A toggle that plays the game for you is trash. If you don’t want to take risks why are you even playing mortal
How about you actually argue the point instead of comparing a setting to invulnerability
I mean you're basically saying black and white are the same thing and it's retarded to say "hurr durr dont fight if u dont wanna take risk". Bud standing in the middle of town itself is a fking risk but theres a thing called balance so yea nonpoint. And another thing , it's called a calculated risk u look at the scenario and see if its in your favor if not u prob shouldnt engage which is my point , people aren't gonna take unnecessary unbalanced risk

lets debunk you further
1. Prove that everyone having invulnerability would benefit everyone
2. Prove that having the toggle plays the game for you
3. Prove that invulnerability is the same thing as attack blue toggle
4. Prove that doing only specific things is a risk compared to literally anything.
5. Prove your point without attacking my character and straw-manning me

Speznat

remove blue blokcing will result in trash kidz like ilikebeer an Mrhuegar and some other noobs will blueblock noob players and fuck them to death not once not twice but 20times on graveyard. the player get frustrated giev bad reviews and tell all his friends that mortal is a trash game. sad.

but i mean sure that player wasnt ment for mortal, but what if he was a mortal guy and just got so fucked up in the first hours that he just said fuck it im outta here.

not sure. i see both sides have its beenfits but im still switzerland on this i guess.

Last edited:
Thread starter #31
All points considered.

I agree, it doesn’t take a lot of skill to run up into a player’s weapon swing, it might be immersion-breaking for some, and victimises the player being blue-blocked. But then again, one might say that it doesn’t take a lot of skill (and perhaps not very immersive) to follow someone around as a spotter, and the moment the player walks out of town then signal to a gank squad hiding behind the hills nearby to come along and take them out.

Should SV issue a fix to prevent what could be deemed as negating the fact that the game was designed without a floating marker or any other visible indicator to allow one player or a group of players to track another player’s location around the game world? That real stealth for the player being followed is essentially non-existent when a spotter is around who has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

When the spotter is following them around with third-party global on-screen and voice chat, and maybe even live-streaming everything they see to their friends in the gank squad who are watching, we are essentially dealing with the exact same core problem as the issue of blue-blocking. The spotter doesn’t require much skill, doesn’t even need to fight, it’s immersion-breaking, and the player being followed is victimised.

The player being followed could take out the spotter, but if they do then they turn grey and may get a murdercount from the spotter. The exact same problem with blue-blocking, incidentally.

We are playing a sandbox game after all, and someone with a clever enough brain can probably think of at least half a dozen ways to game every feature without breaking the rules. Would this entail that SV put a toggle for every permutation of creativity that might be deemed an exploit? And what would happen if SV were to take this notion to its logical conclusion, because if you put a toggle for one action that is considered an exploit then by reason you must do so for every other. What kind of game would we be left with if they did?

Last edited:

Ichorous

The Argent Speedster
All points considered.

I agree, it doesn’t take a lot of skill to run up into a player’s weapon swing, it might be immersion-breaking for some, and victimises the player being blue-blocked. But then again, one might say that it doesn’t take a lot of skill (and perhaps not very immersive) to follow someone around as a spotter, and the moment the player walks out of town then signal to a gank squad hiding behind the hills nearby to come along and take them out.

Should SV issue a fix to prevent what could be deemed as negating the fact that the game was designed without a floating marker or any other visible indicator to allow one player or a group of players to track another player’s location around the game world? That real stealth for the player being followed is essentially non-existent when a spotter is around who has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

When the spotter is following them around with third-party global on-screen and voice chat, and maybe even live-streaming everything they see to their friends in the gank squad who are watching, we are essentially dealing with the exact same core problem as the issue of blue-blocking. The spotter doesn’t require much skill, doesn’t even need to fight, it’s immersion-breaking, and the player being followed is victimised.

The player being followed could take out the spotter, but if they do then they turn grey and may get a murdercount from the spotter. The exact same problem with blue-blocking, incidentally.

We are playing a sandbox game after all, and someone with a clever enough brain can probably think of at least half a dozen ways to game every feature without breaking the rules. Would this entail that SV put a toggle for every permutation of creativity that might be deemed an exploit? And what would happen if SV were to take this notion to its logical conclusion, because if you put a toggle for one action that is considered an exploit then by reason you must do so for every other. What kind of game would we be left with if they did?
Yes, if there is a SIMPLE way to solve an exploit with a toggle or other fix without causing imbalances elsewhere, then I think SV should do it.

This isn't about hand holding and anti-sandbox ideals. Blue blocking would not exist without the guard system which is a huge, hand-holding, anti-sandbox mechanic. The guard system's design just happened to allow for the blue blocking phenomenon until the toggle was introduced.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
One thing this thread manages to do very well is to show us who really wants the no risk much reward blue blocking back so they can continue their playstyle effectively instead of non PvP players to have a way to fight the cowardly blue blockers way of life.

Blue blocking and accidentally going gray while fighting criminals in cities or near cities is a horrible way in a game filled with griefers to lose your gear easily without having a single way to saving yourself besides trying to run for the hills until you go blue again.

Do remember most times you fight criminals outside city limits they have blue friends ready inside if blue blocking is effective. This was a very much used tactic to manage to get kills by less than good criminals especially in Tind GY or outside Tind gate.
Hugging GZ have been a tactic used by city defenders since the beginning of MO, blue blockers is a rather "new" method created by trash criminals as older criminals simply wanted a fight and we did not really care all that much for gear.

Teknique

One thing this thread manages to do very well is to show us who really wants the no risk much reward blue blocking back so they can continue their playstyle effectively instead of non PvP players to have a way to fight the cowardly blue blockers way of life.

Blue blocking and accidentally going gray while fighting criminals in cities or near cities is a horrible way in a game filled with griefers to lose your gear easily without having a single way to saving yourself besides trying to run for the hills until you go blue again.

Do remember most times you fight criminals outside city limits they have blue friends ready inside if blue blocking is effective. This was a very much used tactic to manage to get kills by less than good criminals especially in Tind GY or outside Tind gate.
Hugging GZ have been a tactic used by city defenders since the beginning of MO, blue blockers is a rather "new" method created by trash criminals as older criminals simply wanted a fight and we did not really care all that much for gear.
Are you actually suggesting that I and Fgc are just blue blocking people all day and that’s the motivation? Do you really think about the things you type or you always just trying to have an angle

I just think it’s more interesting when a city militia has to be conscientious of where they’re aiming instead of toggle on and swing wildly in front of town

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Are you actually suggesting that I and Fgc are just blue blocking people all day and that’s the motivation? Do you really think about the things you type or you always just trying to have an angle

I just think it’s more interesting when a city militia has to be conscientious of where they’re aiming instead of toggle on and swing wildly in front of town
I do think I say the opposite because I do think the "do not hit blues" is toggled by default, not sure if you did it personally but your company did so very frequently back when it was used rampantly I remember.

Though you do seem tad a bit defensive...

Teknique

I do think I say the opposite because I do think the "do not hit blues" is toggled by default, not sure if you did it personally but your company did so very frequently back when it was used rampantly I remember.

Though you do seem tad a bit defensive...
Its hard to really interpret what you're saying. "
"
This run on sentence doesn't make a tonne of sense to me. It also appears that you're saying old style criminals loved fighting guards rather than having people turn grey, and thus gz huggers being forced to fight without guards. Which for some reason I doubt the truthfulness of.

Tehmudjin

The filter is clearly intended for noobs in The graveyard Who got systematicaly griefed. It needs to be turned off for duels and wardecks so vets cant even use it. Why complain?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Its hard to really interpret what you're saying. "
"
This run on sentence doesn't make a tonne of sense to me. It also appears that you're saying old style criminals loved fighting guards rather than having people turn grey, and thus gz huggers being forced to fight without guards. Which for some reason I doubt the truthfulness of.
If you read what I write and also know the history of MO you would know perfectly well what I meant.
In the old days of MO you could not fight guards as guards was guardian angelic Lictors that appeared from the gods. Olden criminal warriors even tested faith by diving the GZ to land kills even though we knew there was a tiny slim chance of gaining loot as the kills was what we where after not the loot. We lived on the reputation of killing and not using exploits to gain loot, which is why our guilds prowess lived through the ages and did not become the laughing stock of the game.

"Its hard to really interpret what you're saying." - If you are the criminal on the outside utilizing non guilded unknown blue blockers makes you no better than the blue blockers themselves. By wanting the toggleable do not hit blues gone you want the cheap style of blue blocking back either you used it yourself or simply had blue blocking buddies help you chase blue town defenders from the GZ so you could get the loot or simply weaken the town defenders by blue blocking away the best and most reknowned town defenders.

As said we wanted the fight in itself even if we didnt get the kills or loot, this has changed in time due to the nature of the "new criminals" that lowered the quality of criminals.
There is a reason old criminals was feared, before when players saw reds they usually knew whaat would happen compared to now when even the trashiest players run around playing true reds and most often relies on their guilds and their numbers rather than their own prowess.

Before red criminals almost never backed down from fights no matter the odds. Today fake red criminals run to their personal GZ instead of getting the fight to prove their prowess because they are afraid of losing their gear. ROFL...

You realize that not everyone plays MO with the mindset of being a murderous retard right? The no hit blue toggle only benefits people that want to avoid unnecessary grief style PvP. It's not like they toggle it and it disallows anyone else from attacking them.