Remove Can Hit Blue Toggle in Preferences

All points considered.

I agree, it doesn’t take a lot of skill to run up into a player’s weapon swing, it might be immersion-breaking for some, and victimises the player being blue-blocked. But then again, one might say that it doesn’t take a lot of skill (and perhaps not very immersive) to follow someone around as a spotter, and the moment the player walks out of town then signal to a gank squad hiding behind the hills nearby to come along and take them out.

Should SV issue a fix to prevent what could be deemed as negating the fact that the game was designed without a floating marker or any other visible indicator to allow one player or a group of players to track another player’s location around the game world? That real stealth for the player being followed is essentially non-existent when a spotter is around who has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

When the spotter is following them around with third-party global on-screen and voice chat, and maybe even live-streaming everything they see to their friends in the gank squad who are watching, we are essentially dealing with the exact same core problem as the issue of blue-blocking. The spotter doesn’t require much skill, doesn’t even need to fight, it’s immersion-breaking, and the player being followed is victimised.

The player being followed could take out the spotter, but if they do then they turn grey and may get a murdercount from the spotter. The exact same problem with blue-blocking, incidentally.

We are playing a sandbox game after all, and someone with a clever enough brain can probably think of at least half a dozen ways to game every feature without breaking the rules. Would this entail that SV put a toggle for every permutation of creativity that might be deemed an exploit? And what would happen if SV were to take this notion to its logical conclusion, because if you put a toggle for one action that is considered an exploit then by reason you must do so for every other. What kind of game would we be left with if they did?
These two situations can be a bit different from a players perspective though.

The one you mention is basically just getting outnumbered by players when they leave a town. Sure players may not like dying but that is something they should expect in a game like MO. If someone does give a bad review about such a thing then it just shows that the game is hardcore.

With blue blocking on the other hand the blue blocked player will often get killed by a guard and really have not done anything 'wrong'. Experiences and Reviews with these types of things could lead to players feeling the game is broken or filled with exploiters.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
You realize that not everyone plays MO with the mindset of being a murderous retard right? The no hit blue toggle only benefits people that want to avoid unnecessary grief style PvP. It's not like they toggle it and it disallows anyone else from attacking them.
Exactly its simply a bandaid fix to a unintended "game feature" that cheap players abuse to easily gain loot in a exploitative way.

I have as we all should know been a murderous bastard since I started playing this game and I have literally no problem with the toggled no accidental blue hitting being here but thats because I dont want cheap ways to kill town defenders in exploitative ways, I rather want to have the real fight and win it through prowess instead.
The difference though between players like me and this other kind of fake red criminals is that other players of all variaties appretiate from what Ive heard my kind as we make this game feel dangerous and thrilling.

That is also the reason I stopped playing this game as the devs went away from their original vision and design of the game by dumbing down the game and creating artificial GZ all over the map. These two changes to the game I absolutely loved and supported for many many years was enough for me and players likeminded to me quit for good.
Other changes like butchery and automated resource/pet/workbenches made the game world empty which also decreased the quality of the game we play/played.

This game cant survive and bloom with murderers, exploiters and griefers alone. We need all kinds of gamers to live and play side by side for it to truly achieve the potential it has.
Tunnel visioned players like RPK who rather chase away players than play with them and build the population due to their egotistical need to become the top dog in any way possible is a big reason why this game is barely keeping its head above water.

Lets HOPE SV learned from their mistakes in MO and make a better game for MO2, as that is all we can do. Hope...

Teknique

If you read what I write and also know the history of MO you would know perfectly well what I meant.
In the old days of MO you could not fight guards as guards was guardian angelic Lictors that appeared from the gods. Olden criminal warriors even tested faith by diving the GZ to land kills even though we knew there was a tiny slim chance of gaining loot as the kills was what we where after not the loot. We lived on the reputation of killing and not using exploits to gain loot, which is why our guilds prowess lived through the ages and did not become the laughing stock of the game.

"Its hard to really interpret what you're saying." - If you are the criminal on the outside utilizing non guilded unknown blue blockers makes you no better than the blue blockers themselves. By wanting the toggleable do not hit blues gone you want the cheap style of blue blocking back either you used it yourself or simply had blue blocking buddies help you chase blue town defenders from the GZ so you could get the loot or simply weaken the town defenders by blue blocking away the best and most reknowned town defenders.

As said we wanted the fight in itself even if we didnt get the kills or loot, this has changed in time due to the nature of the "new criminals" that lowered the quality of criminals.
There is a reason old criminals was feared, before when players saw reds they usually knew whaat would happen compared to now when even the trashiest players run around playing true reds and most often relies on their guilds and their numbers rather than their own prowess.

Before red criminals almost never backed down from fights no matter the odds. Today fake red criminals run to their personal GZ instead of getting the fight to prove their prowess because they are afraid of losing their gear. ROFL...
Exactly its simply a bandaid fix to a unintended "game feature" that cheap players abuse to easily gain loot in a exploitative way.

I have as we all should know been a murderous bastard since I started playing this game and I have literally no problem with the toggled no accidental blue hitting being here but thats because I dont want cheap ways to kill town defenders in exploitative ways, I rather want to have the real fight and win it through prowess instead.
The difference though between players like me and this other kind of fake red criminals is that other players of all variaties appretiate from what Ive heard my kind as we make this game feel dangerous and thrilling.

That is also the reason I stopped playing this game as the devs went away from their original vision and design of the game by dumbing down the game and creating artificial GZ all over the map. These two changes to the game I absolutely loved and supported for many many years was enough for me and players likeminded to me quit for good.
Other changes like butchery and automated resource/pet/workbenches made the game world empty which also decreased the quality of the game we play/played.

This game cant survive and bloom with murderers, exploiters and griefers alone. We need all kinds of gamers to live and play side by side for it to truly achieve the potential it has.
Tunnel visioned players like RPK who rather chase away players than play with them and build the population due to their egotistical need to become the top dog in any way possible is a big reason why this game is barely keeping its head above water.

Lets HOPE SV learned from their mistakes in MO and make a better game for MO2, as that is all we can do. Hope...
Alright i've tolerated it thus far because I do actually respect your opinions, but the virtue signalling is pathetic. Since the only people really saying much in this regard are me and FGC you're saying we're new age murderers looking for a cheap advantage for having a differing opinion. I can play the same game, you must be nothing but a GZ fighter since you want to be able to fight and stay blue with impunity.

Yes, yes, you're a god because you fought at guard zones when the guards worked entirely different and therefore its fine with the way guards work now.

I've never been shy to fight -2 -3 numbers hell I can provide you a recent example of me/us being the only people willing to fight AWAY from guard zones. Sure, anyone that has played with me knows that i'm a risk averse player.

I'm surprised at this point that you criticize guard zones since you seem quite fond of this particular blue block mechanic that could alternatively be called the blue GZ warriors best friend.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Alright i've tolerated it thus far because I do actually respect your opinions, but the virtue signalling is pathetic. Since the only people really saying much in this regard are me and FGC you're saying we're new age murderers looking for a cheap advantage for having a differing opinion. I can play the same game, you must be nothing but a GZ fighter since you want to be able to fight and stay blue with impunity.

Yes, yes, you're a god because you fought at guard zones when the guards worked entirely different and therefore its fine with the way guards work now.

I've never been shy to fight -2 -3 numbers hell I can provide you a recent example of me/us being the only people willing to fight AWAY from guard zones. Sure, anyone that has played with me knows that i'm a risk averse player.

I'm surprised at this point that you criticize guard zones since you seem quite fond of this particular blue block mechanic that could alternatively be called the blue GZ warriors best friend.
Lets do this then.
Not once have I stated what you try to put in my mouth here.
Thanks for thinking I am a god alas I think you think too highly of me, I was merely a soldier in my time playing this game, overconfident soldier but only a soldier.

A video where you outnumber you opposition in terms of guild soldiers and in terms of gear is no good example of fighting outnumbered, now last I played we on a daily basis chased RPK outnumbered to their GZ and waiting for them to have almost 2x our numbers before your guild dared chase us more than 50m outside your precious GZ backed with the best guards gold could buy in way better gear.

There was atleast 2 players in your guild in that video I have witnessed blue blocking in Tindrem before the toggle was implemented, good way of proving what I actually said was true.
That is actually what I said, you are fine with fighting with guildies who utilized the exploit in town fights even though you yourself seem to think your above such behaviour yet you are fine with guildies doing so to benefit your group, which to me makes you no better than the perpetrators themselves even though you disagree with that statement.
To me it does seem like you simply want the toggle removed so your guildies can continue their exploitative nature of blue blocking for the benefit of your group in such situations to gain the loot from town defenders instead of them remaining blue and retreating back into the GZ (an action I do not endorse) to get heals and continue the fight.

I would much rather want all personal GZ removed from the game and go back to cities having the only GZ in the game, so that cheap pretend red criminals such as your guild to not be able to flee against your betters when your afraid of losing your shiny gear, which I understand you worked hard to gain.

Yes I do consider you and your guild new age criminals as you put it and in my words fake red criminals as that was all that RPK was in my playtime in this game. With that video you just proved me right in my assumption.

Now having 2-3 members less than opposition is nothing to brag about unless its agianst a equally skilled and equally geared enemy in my opinion.
Though I lived as a red during a different time and FYI we went in swords swinging against doubble numbers as a refference since you believed im talking about 2-3 players short of the enemy.
I do understand you play in a severly dumbed down version of MO but still last I played in 2017 we showed up in molarium armor fighting RPK in cron/tung and players such as Orrn in Ogh suit with half their numbers TRYING to drag them out for a fight, still if we got a kill or two they ran for their personal GZ to save their hard earned suits and most of the times we had to wait 30min to an hour waiting for them to muster their courage to exit their beloved guard filled gates, we even dived into their gate to land kills somtimes ending us in the process due to the guards you condemn.

Hope that answers what questions you have instead of trying to put words in my mouth.

Heres a video for reference where we lost 15 vs 50 after around a good hour of fighting:

Last edited:

Teknique

Lets do this then.
Not once have I stated what you try to put in my mouth here.
Thanks for thinking I am a god alas I think you think too highly of me, I was merely a soldier in my time playing this game, overconfident soldier but only a soldier.

A video where you outnumber you opposition in terms of guild soldiers and in terms of gear is no good example of fighting outnumbered, now last I played we on a daily basis chased RPK outnumbered to their GZ and waiting for them to have almost 2x our numbers before your guild dared chase us more than 50m outside your precious GZ backed with the best guards gold could buy in way better gear.

There was atleast 2 players in your guild in that video I have witnessed blue blocking in Tindrem before the toggle was implemented, good way of proving what I actually said was true.
That is actually what I said, you are fine with fighting with guildies who utilized the exploit in town fights even though you yourself seem to think your above such behaviour yet you are fine with guildies doing so to benefit your group, which to me makes you no better than the perpetrators themselves even though you disagree with that statement.
To me it does seem like you simply want the toggle removed so your guildies can continue their exploitative nature of blue blocking for the benefit of your group in such situations to gain the loot from town defenders instead of them remaining blue and retreating back into the GZ (an action I do not endorse) to get heals and continue the fight.

I would much rather want all personal GZ removed from the game and go back to cities having the only GZ in the game, so that cheap pretend red criminals such as your guild to not be able to flee against your betters when your afraid of losing your shiny gear, which I understand you worked hard to gain.

Yes I do consider you and your guild new age criminals as you put it and in my words fake red criminals as that was all that RPK was in my playtime in this game. With that video you just proved me right in my assumption.

Now having 2-3 members less than opposition is nothing to brag about unless its agianst a equally skilled and equally geared enemy in my opinion.
Though I lived as a red during a different time and FYI we went in swords swinging against doubble numbers as a refference since you believed im talking about 2-3 players short of the enemy.
I do understand you play in a severly dumbed down version of MO but still last I played in 2017 we showed up in molarium armor fighting RPK in cron/tung and players such as Orrn in Ogh suit with half their numbers TRYING to drag them out for a fight, still if we got a kill or two they ran for their personal GZ to save their hard earned suits and most of the times we had to wait 30min to an hour waiting for them to muster their courage to exit their beloved guard filled gates, we even dived into their gate to land kills somtimes ending us in the process due to the guards you condemn.

Hope that answers what questions you have instead of trying to put words in my mouth.

Heres a video for reference where we lost 15 vs 50 after around a good hour of fighting:
I had to stop reading at "we outnumbered them". If I can't bring a group of 6-7 without being accused of bringing too many there's no point in even trying. You're demonstrating total ignorance of the fact that it takes time for people to gather up some numbers and you clearly didn't watch the end. I did read the next sentence and I'm glad you brought up chasing RPK back to their gates, because what you did there was actually artificial. You brought a bunch of resubbed pvp players to fight, thats actually zerging, creating a group of entirely pvpers, you didn't want a challenge you just wanted to have the best possible players. Problem is at that point you're not actually a guild you were just an artificial mass claiming superiority over an actual guild (crafters, builders, fighters).

Think Leonidas. "I've brought more soldiers than you have".

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I had to stop reading at "we outnumbered them". If I can't bring a group of 6-7 without being accused of bringing too many there's no point in even trying. You're demonstrating total ignorance of the fact that it takes time for people to gather up some numbers and you clearly didn't watch the end. I did read the next sentence and I'm glad you brought up chasing RPK back to their gates, because what you did there was actually artificial. You brought a bunch of resubbed pvp players to fight, thats actually zerging, creating a group of entirely pvpers, you didn't want a challenge you just wanted to have the best possible players. Problem is at that point you're not actually a guild you were just an artificial mass claiming superiority over an actual guild (crafters, builders, fighters).

Think Leonidas. "I've brought more soldiers than you have".
I did watch the entire video, and to me a guild with 6-7 players in superior gear fighting a rag tag group NOT consisting of a group of players used to playing together in a group is not the same thing.
I did not state you brought too many just that such a situation is heavily in your favor because of 1. Superior gear and 2. a group that actually know how to fight together. Again you go about putting words in my mouth.

We where a guild that returned to MO yes, just like RPK is a guild of players playing together, only difference is that we where "new" to the game relearning it after being absent from it for many months and as such in a rusty state.
To define Zerg to you who obviously dont know what it means is a group using superior numbers instead of skill to achieve victory. Comes from swarming your opponent with cheap units from the game Starcraft if you did not know but now you do.

And no we did not fight crafters and builders but fighters in superior gear with superior numbers. What is true is that RPK TRIED to zerg us although with expensive units in the best gear possible but where beaten back by lower numbers in worse gear and had to rely on ARTIFICIAL guards of the finest quality to not get overwhelmed inside their own base.

Now you are really reaching. Dont get hurt. Its only a game, you dont heff to get mad...

But yes as I said I am a soldier.
But in MO I am also a trader, armor smith, weapon smith, extractor, miner, vial maker, alchemist, butcher and builder so whats your point ?
"I have brought more professions than you have". No use to continue this as someone went full retard here...

Teknique

I did watch the entire video, and to me a guild with 6-7 players in superior gear fighting a rag tag group NOT consisting of a group of players used to playing together in a group is not the same thing.
I did not state you brought too many just that such a situation is heavily in your favor because of 1. Superior gear and 2. a group that actually know how to fight together. Again you go about putting words in my mouth.

We where a guild that returned to MO yes, just like RPK is a guild of players playing together, only difference is that we where "new" to the game relearning it after being absent from it for many months and as such in a rusty state.
To define Zerg to you who obviously dont know what it means is a group using superior numbers instead of skill to achieve victory. Comes from swarming your opponent with cheap units from the game Starcraft if you did not know but now you do.

And no we did not fight crafters and builders but fighters in superior gear with superior numbers. What is true is that RPK TRIED to zerg us although with expensive units in the best gear possible but where beaten back by lower numbers in worse gear and had to rely on ARTIFICIAL guards of the finest quality to not get overwhelmed inside their own base.

Now you are really reaching. Dont get hurt. Its only a game, you dont heff to get mad...

But yes as I said I am a soldier.
But in MO I am also a trader, armor smith, weapon smith, extractor, miner, vial maker, alchemist, butcher and builder so whats your point ?
"I have brought more professions than you have". No use to continue this as someone went full retard here...
All I got out of that was if you bring a group of better players its trash, but if we do it its sick.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
All I got out of that was if you bring a group of better players its trash, but if we do it its sick.
Better players not better GEARED players big difference there, also we brought a guild vs another guild not a guild vs ragtags.

Besides ask your own Mr.Flayerofmen it was RPK boasting they where the best guild in MO we just came to shut their giant mouths which I see they still have not my fault they cant back their words, then again RPK was always best at forum PvP. Their usual "coem siege us then" is probably still your go to response using artificial defense turrets fighting their/your fights.

Anyways im done talking to zerglings taking up my greedfall time. Congrats on adopting the RPK mentality I guess...
Have fun "ruling" the empty game...

Last edited: