Sinraw's Academy of Combat & Adventuring: New Players Stream!

Thread starter #1

Sinraw

Thank you guys so much for checking out the stream last night!

I read all the comments of the last post I made here and will make sure to take those ideas into consideration. I had some amazing people come into the chat and help answer questions, teach me and my students about the game, and enjoy all the crazy shenanigans that happened. We even had some of my old guild mates re-download MO just to come hang out!

For those of you who are new, I have been streaming MO in the intentions of helping newer players find a footing in the world of Myrland. We have been finding quite a few new players in Tindrem to join my little "Academy". For the Apprentice Tier we focus on helping them with PvE combat, making sure they understand parrying, and all the more nuance mechanics.With some recommendations from other players we have determined that there should be more of a tier system for these newcomers! Each tier is reached after completing a certain goal. I will list what I have come up with so far below, feel free to toss ideas and names around.

Sinraw's Academy of Combat and Adventuring Tiers:
Student:
- Join the school
Apprentice:
- Clear First Rat boss in Tindrem Sewers
?Squire?:
- Clear Bandit Leader in Tindrem Sewers
*YourCreativeNameHere*:
- A task that's a little harder than Bandit Leader
*YourCreativeNameHere*:
- A task that's a little harder than the one before!

Listed below are some goals I have for future streams, These can be broken into two sections. The Stream Goals, which are more long term, that help the Academy grow and become more accessible for newer players. Then we have Stream Goals, some objectives that the students will strive to complete during the stream. Depending on if I have met them already or not, we might try a different goal on any different stream.

Stream Goals:
[X] Attain 5 Students
[5/10] Attain 10 Students
[X] Find an Armor Crafter
[ ] (Deed Acquired) Construct A House for my students
[ ] Guild Stone?!

Group Goals:
[ ] Defeat the bandit boss in sewers.
[ ] Clear Fabernum Sewers.
[ ] Clear Thursar Cave Outside of Tind.

We had an amazing group of people help / interact with the stream last night. The wild but changed murderer Sorrokar, the quiet but helpful crafter / adventurer Piggy, the vengeful reoccurring mystery bandit NiaN... (that ones quite the story) and much more!

every time I play I have been learning something new, I strive to learn as much as possible so I can teach my students all the shit I used to do wrong and maybe still do.
We'd love to have you!

@

Stream tonight will probably start anywhere from 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm CST

Thread starter #3

Sinraw

Quick question, i'm kinda newbie to forums in general. Is it ok if I keep posting here every day?? Won't it get kinda clogged up with all my shit? If there is another way to do like... an evolving post? that I can update that still gets put onto the "whats new" tab?

Speznat

just copy old make new and wrote more stuff in if you want that.
or edit main post and write under it bump and push it back up.