Skill System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trystram

<font color=#570054><b>The Riddler</b></font>
lol its hard to say anything to thats since both games you mentioned arent even fun

Now I know you are either dumb as a rock or trolling. He was saying that what you are suggesting is like going to the WoW forums and telling them to change their skill system to guild wars.

bjbarsted

depends on how they implement it, i never detailed anything specific
That's why I said to elaborate right below your OP because with out specifics you are saying make it so the person with the most time on their hands can have every skill in game and be winner
Be specific or GTFO
And to a quote earlier how would opening the skill cap make it more even at the moment any build one person can make another person can also make I don't see how that isn't even and slow the player skill to triumph
At the moment with your generalization of get rid of skill cap is completely retarded

Thread starter #43
okay lets say we get rid of skill points, we add in something else that would make it more difficult and keep people from killing eachother mindlessly something like permadeath. it would work well with making actual history in the game as well. every story has a tyrant or some evil doer. Except this person could be an actual player instead but if he dies he dies forever no coming back like it currently is. i would personally love a game where i could be as powerful as i want but still be susceptible to death. one person is not powerful without allies. so in reality he wont be as powerful as you seem to think. if people group together they are strong and capable of defeating him as well. but of course in a game with permadeath we would need a safe zone for new players/characters. dont hate just cause you dont like the idea. this is a suggestion forum.

bjbarsted

So what would happen to what they have in there bankers when they die

Trystram

okay lets say we get rid of skill points, we add in something else that would make it more difficult and keep people from killing eachother mindlessly something like permadeath. it would work well with making actual history in the game as well. every story has a tyrant or some evil doer. Except this person could be an actual player instead but if he dies he dies forever no coming back like it currently is. i would personally love a game where i could be as powerful as i want but still be susceptible to death. one person is not powerful without allies. so in reality he wont be as powerful as you seem to think. if people group together they are strong and capable of defeating him as well. but of course in a game with permadeath we would need a safe zone for new players/characters. dont hate just cause you dont like the idea. this is a suggestion forum.

Here we have it folks. Permadeath is the answer to balancing the skill system.

Zergi

Here we have it folks. Permadeath is the answer to balancing the skill system.
with the current griefers and flaggin/mc/criminal system...
= GG miners/thieves/all pve characters, we will miss u

Trystram

with the current griefers and flaggin/mc/criminal system...
= GG miners/thieves/all pve characters, we will miss u
no man it will fix everything

ponyKnight

no man it will fix everything
After 2 weeks of hard training, farming for subsiting and passive regen book, training heavy armor to 100 you will die from fall damage, when you will stuck in rabbit texture and will delete that game.
It is how i see perma death.

bjbarsted

I'm getting the hint of some sarcasm there trystram lol

Zergi

also if u really want to think about perma death then they need to change the skill system or atleast speed up skill gain BY A LOT

otherwise i see no one with higher skill then book lvl also like pony said passive reg/ armor training/ cronite lores etc. and other lores on crafters/extractors

Trystram

not to be offensive but when was the last time u played?
i remember ur forum acc from years ago

I can't believe you think I'm serious. and yeah I haven't played for a while. I'm not autistic though.

ponyKnight

I can't believe you think I'm serious. and yeah I haven't played for a while. I'm not autistic though.
We already have guy with nickname Glinder on that forum, and his erotic dream-perma death in MO.
So i wasn't know, serious you or not. :)

bjbarsted

also if u really want to think about perma death then they need to change the skill system or atleast speed up skill gain BY A LOT

otherwise i see no one with higher skill then book lvl also like pony said passive reg/ armor training/ cronite lores etc. and other lores on crafters/extractors
The crafters would lose out the most since how long it all takes

I have always dreamed of a use it or lose it skill system. In other words, you gain skill in what you use and over time of not using a skill you gradually lose it. I do not believe I need to elaborate further, I think most people here can figure out where this is going.

bjbarsted

I have always dreamed of a use it or lose it skill system. In other words, you gain skill in what you use and over time of not using a skill you gradually lose it. I do not believe I need to elaborate further, I think most people here can figure out where this is going.
EoC that's what there skill system is supposed to be like eventually I believe

In my opinion they should take away skill points, they really limit your characters potential, if your gonna have the skill points please just make a class system instead cause thats basically what everyone does anyway. but if you added that it would completely ruin the game. so just take away skill points please.
Tell that to my Tamer/Dominator/Mage/AwesomelyAwesome/Adventurer(he has swimming too)

I have a character that was originally a armor smith, then he went to a weapon smith, now hes a adventurer kinda guy. He has mining and woodcutting a a few lore skills and since hes a high str oghmir i threw on MA so he can hunt and defend himself

Thread starter #60
^ that sounds a lot better than the current system and could still improve the game by a lot. and if there was a permadeath system i would decrease skill gains while increasing the benefits for increasing skills, no one would be weak. This game is too slow paced compared to games like chivalry which probably has the best First person combat to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.