So, what do you guys do with your gold coins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Edell

Silver Supporter
Beside constructing a house, I don't seem to need it for anything else. And I don't want a house, it seems too much of a hassle to get one. Or too far from my source of incomes.

I don't need armor, I don't need weapons. I occasionaly need large stacks of stuff to cast spells. But that doesn't even use a fraction of my gold.

I have a ton of gold and no idea how to spend it.

What do you guys do with your gold ?

I collect it in a giant bin where I go full Scrooge McDuck and swim around in it.

Dsn

Honored Member

Dhan

Honored Member
I grind them into powder and sprinkle it over my raw pig. It's not very practical, and only slightly poisonous, but a man of class such as myself wouldn't have it any other way.

Trystram

<font color=#570054><b>The Riddler</b></font>
Ill take your gold, I need books.

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
I have like no gold. It's actually kind-of funny because typically in MMOs I tend to eventually walk my way into tons of money -- not in MO! I'm pretty broke.

I'm not in a guild and I don't PvP so... yeah. All of my money ends up draining into alchemy research and books for my alchemy research. I don't want to spend all of my time making health potions for people, I want to figure out new effects (if there are any).

Might just use my Miner/Extractor to make money through the trade broker or even just through vendors like I have been.

Dhan

Honored Member
I have like no gold. It's actually kind-of funny because typically in MMOs I tend to eventually walk my way into tons of money -- not in MO! I'm pretty broke.

I'm not in a guild and I don't PvP so... yeah. All of my money ends up draining into alchemy research and books for my alchemy research. I don't want to spend all of my time making health potions for people, I want to figure out new effects (if there are any).

Might just use my Miner/Extractor to make money through the trade broker or even just through vendors like I have been.
Yep, same here. I never seem to have much money, granted I barely farm. I always have just enough to breed/train a couple of horses and buy the essentials. Doesn't really bother me though, I don't feel an urge to amass a ton of gold. And yeah alchemists are rough on the gold reserves. Just getting an alchemist properly skilled up takes a decent amount, let alone buying all of the stuff for proper experimentation.

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
Yep, same here. I never seem to have much money, granted I barely farm. I always have just enough to breed/train a couple of horses and buy the essentials. Doesn't really bother me though, I don't feel an urge to amass a ton of gold. And yeah alchemists are rough on the gold reserves. Just getting an alchemist properly skilled up takes a decent amount, let alone buying all of the stuff for proper experimentation.
Yep, I've chosen a hard path.

I've been wanting to start up a little RP guild eventually so it's been a little frustrating for me, honestly. Everyone's always throwing these prices out there like "500 gold!" and I'm sitting there with 5 gold and thinking "That's a lot compared to usual."

I've actually considered making a PvE mage to kill local NPC Bandits and Walking Dead. It's actually fairly decent money, I'm just not sure how well it'd work.

Dhan

Honored Member

I've been wanting to start up a little RP guild eventually so it's been a little frustrating for me, honestly. Everyone's always throwing these prices out there like "500 gold!" and I'm sitting there with 5 gold and thinking "That's a lot compared to usual."

I've actually considered making a PvE mage to kill local NPC Bandits and Walking Dead. It's actually fairly decent money, I'm just not sure how well it'd work.
Best of luck with the guild man, mortal could use more variety. The hardest part is getting enough like minded individuals together, once you have that the rest is easy.
As far as the PvE mage goes I wouldn't recommend it unless you bring a molva with you. Farming alone on a mage is very ineffective since you do little damage and run out of mana before you can kill anything. A mage/molva combo on the other hand is actually very effective and it's what a lot of guys go to for farming.

BongRips

But a pve fig is so much easier! Or pve hybrid

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
I save it for when houses interest me enough (like furnitures and customisation), I buy ressources for my crafters, weapons, mounts, etc. I also donate from time to time to my guild for special projects.

There could be more money sinks for sure but there's ways to spend it.

BongRips

I save it for when houses interest me enough (like furnitures and customisation), I buy ressources for my crafters, weapons, mounts, etc. I also donate from time to time to my guild for special projects.

There could be more money sinks for sure but there's ways to spend it.
well then why don't you apply at www.guildrelic.com?! good bunch of guys I hear!

Thread starter #15

Edell

Silver Supporter
So there's really no other thing to do with gold than spend it on regular items and/or houses. I guess I'll just keep on hoarding the precious coins... hoping to, one day, see some new magic schools to work on, or interesting money sinks. Thanks for the feedbacks though.

Rulant

I just give it to Rulant... you can mail to RulantMcC in MK if you want!

AidanKyros

Dude i am always needing gold. You should give it to me!

bjbarsted

I am using mine to set up an instant gold transfer to any city in the game
It's all set up now just getting more money to make sure there is always gold in every city for some one to transfer to

Golgotha

Spending it all away on gatherables.. Im a hoarder, I cant help it. I gather and cook with my time, and spend all my gold on the materials others gather.

I need to sell things to make some money, but I cannot convince myself to part with any of it. I just keep buying more.

Spend it on equipment for my mining character. I don't generally have too much of a surplus. If I do, chances are I'm neglecting a nice line up of non-MMO games. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.