Sophistication Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

slydur

mad 0.o

Thread starter #3

slydur

I spent a lot of time in game regardless to get the soph!

yeah but since eating horse crap and eating full sophistication food was giving out the same amount ... i'd say it is necessary .... if sv has plan plan with sophistication .... soon ....

needed to be done so they could actually do something useful with sophistication I believe. Plus, the way it was meant that if you were tops on the DB lists you had just eaten the most food over time in general so not a very useful thing to track in that regard.

Xhodan Xeus

this is gay and bullshit
now i will have toons that have been in game since release even have toons with no surename (back than you where able to creat toons with no surename) but i dont use them that often but i did get some soph on them now it they will have no soph at all as if i never did shit with them.

SV is making it hard to fully return to the game with moves like that.

this is gay and bullshit
now i will have toons that have been in game since release even have toons with no surename (back than you where able to creat toons with no surename) but i dont use them that often but i did get some soph on them now it they will have no soph at all as if i never did shit with them.

What?

this is gay and bullshit

Plz sv give this man a big number next to his name ... he feels hollow ... =(

On a serious note ... maybe you were not meant to have any high sophistication if you never ate any good soph food ... and since nobody did in mass (coz didnt work) then nobody has merit to have those big numbers ...

StrongMad

lyf all you did was afk over night and eat a ton of shit to get to the top of the list. Don't act like it took hard work lol.

Soo... let me get this strait. Sophistication pretty much just tracks the amount of food you eat?

If that is all it does, then why the hell would SV reset? Seems like it would just be to piss players off.
If it does more now and is revamped, then honestly, who cares if its reset? It may serve a purpose now.

Either way, SV really should have at least left in the titles for the people who previously earned it.

Tizio

Focus Group
Soo... let me get this strait. Sophistication pretty much just tracks the amount of food you eat?

If that is all it does, then why the hell would SV reset? Seems like it would just be to piss players off.
If it does more now and is revamped, then honestly, who cares if its reset? It may serve a purpose now.

Either way, SV really should have at least left in the titles for the people who previously earned it.
No, only the sophisticated food.

To say those titles were "earned" would be using that term quite loosely haha, but I don't really see it as a very big deal to lose those titles or the numbers in the DB, plus now that it will be working as intended they can implement things they had wanted to be tied to sophistication all along.

Aralis

Champion of Nave
Wiping things is a very bad habit and totally bad principle. Hard to think of anything less significant they could have wiped and it can't matter that much but the concept is TOTALLY WRONG and it makes me unhappy all the same.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
If something is not working as intended and has no meaning to the game (only a value in the database and a ingame title out of meaning for more than 50% of the players), you can hardly name this a wipe.

I think SV introduced sophistication long time ago as something important for communication to NPCs, something like better standing, buy better books or whatever. And it could be connected to the new mage schools, but better read the old information by SV.

Zergi

finally SV got balls to reset smth... now go and wipe the server! :rolleyes:

ps. passive regen is a pain in the **** to skill up now :<

Turkis

"The Biggest Catch" Champion
Sophistication was completely broken, where any food gave you max sophistication.So, prior to the wipe Gaznok, sophistication did only track the amount of food you ate as it was bugged. They've now fixed that so that there are variations in the amount of sophistication gained in food, and you do not gain sophistication from drinking water out of the ocean (which is a plus imo).

For them to make their system work properly and have sophistication be something more useful than a number informing you how much water you've drank they had to do a wipe.

Thread starter #19

slydur

lyf all you did was afk over night and eat a ton of shit to get to the top of the list. Don't act like it took hard work lol.
Actually its from spending days in the risar dungeon and pulling back bows making me have to eat more and more and more. ;)

Thread starter #20

slydur

Status
Not open for further replies.