Sophistication Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Why is everyone else's sophistication still the same? And Lyfender's sophistication is at 0?

Grike

Crying over sophistication that didnt work correctly in the first place, get a grip seriously..

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Well so, soph has been reset. It will take some time before the chronicles picks this up thou but in the game everyone's soph is now 0.

Sophistication is raised and lowered by the type of food you eat. A couple of patches ago we found a bug where you would raise soph regardless of what you consumed. This made soph a completely useless number since it didn't reflect what it should. Further more this made "good" food less "good" since you might as well just eat poop or your neighbor.

So yesterday at downtime it was cleaned out. Sophistication is currently not used for anything ingame apart from titles. Without the reset it would have been impossible to ever use the number since most people had a crazy amount of it. So we thought it might be best to clean it up asap so that we don't have to do it just before we start using it.

Also have a nice valentines!
x0x0x0x0x0

Strilan

Exalted Member
Well so, soph has been reset. It will take some time before the chronicles picks this up thou but in the game everyone's soph is now 0.

Sophistication is raised and lowered by the type of food you eat. A couple of patches ago we found a bug where you would raise soph regardless of what you consumed. This made soph a completely useless number since it didn't reflect what it should. Further more this made "good" food less "good" since you might as well just eat poop or your neighbor.

So yesterday at downtime it was cleaned out. Sophistication is currently not used for anything ingame apart from titles. Without the reset it would have been impossible to ever use the number since most people had a crazy amount of it. So we thought it might be best to clean it up asap so that we don't have to do it just before we start using it.

x0x0x0x0x0
Thanks for expanding, man. I really appreciate the explanation.

x0x0x0x0x0
Thanks!

And happy valentines day for you too! <3

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
Should have reset it with updating/completing cooking system.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
24k sophistication gone, without AFKing for it or eating garbage, some of us folks actually earned it, and seeing anything wiped is just wrong.

Guess I'll earn it again. -_-

linkfr

24k sophistication gone, without AFKing for it or eating garbage, some of us folks actually earned it, and seeing anything wiped is just wrong.

same, even if i havent the 24K i had 13K on one of my toon and the tittle with it ,im not mad but...ho...well :( just sad

Resin

Horray on behalf of the chefs of Nave!

Valkyria

It's disturbing to read you have only just noticed it after people grew their entire soph by feeding on flour.

StrongMad

Yeah but you were still eating food that was bugged and wasn't suppose to give you sophistication

Actually its from spending days in the risar dungeon and pulling back bows making me have to eat more and more and more. ;)
Musta been sipping champagne and nibbling on tea-biscuits up on that invincible-perch to get all that sophistication! =P

Ezraeil

Trial Member
is it just me or is it strange that only lyfender's soph is reset on the chronicles

could have renamed the sohpistication to 'food eaten' and created a fresh sophistication stat.
'food eaten' could increase as it had been, with the new one reflecting actual sophistication.

-barcode

Valkyria

Why obsess over a value that'll, maybe, play a role in at least two years. Just chill, nothing of value was lost.

hrmn i guess i didnt consider titles involved, suppose those could be changed as well to reflect the overeaters, so we know who should be put into workout camps

-barcode

Status
Not open for further replies.