Spiritism(Island) Shrine

Sando

How about a Chimera?
A chimera is supposed to have a lion's head, a snake as a tail and the head of a goat sticking out of the back. While I could see the tail being a snake, the head looks more reptile to me and there is certainly no goat there. I'm with Rathius on this one; I don't think there's any creature like that in real life or in game. Now, there might be something like that in some mythology, but nothing that I know of.

Thread starter #82

Rathius

How about a Kitsune? The spirit/deity version doesn't always come with multiple tails. And most of the statues seem to be some sort of etherworld-esque look and morph.

Kuroi

a fox with that neck and back? mmh dunno... the spikes on its head remind me of the dragon skull in cave camp

Thread starter #84

Rathius

It's morphed, regardless of what it is. And I go with fox due to the shape of the face (not the spikes) and the legs. The tail somewhat too, even though it looks plated instead of bushy. The lengthy portion just after the paw is far too long I believe for any sort of dragon I've seen and looks more relative to fast/agile creatures like foxes. So far, from everything that we've seen, the etherworld related stuff doesn't have any tinge of 'nice' in it. From the statues by priests, the ones on the login screen, and the artwork we have.. suggest the ether is a very twisted place.

The more I look at this, the more I swear I've seen something similar before but cannot place it.

Kuroi

something you seen ingame or...?

TheEndOfAll

"The Biggest Catch" Champion
Hmmm, just stumbled over this while trying to find some information on the fox statue.

Jötunn Wiki said:
In Old Norse, the beings were called jǫtunar (singular jǫtunn, the regular reflex of the stem jǫtun- and the nominative singular ending -r), or risar (singular risi), in particular bergrisar ('mountain-risar')
Could our Risars be the Giants / Trolls of Norse mythology? If so does their coming signify part of the Ragnarök? And what of the world tree Yggdrasil?

Ragnarok Wiki said:
The Midgard serpent Jörmungandr furiously writhes, causing waves to crash. "The eagle shrieks, pale-beaked he tears the corpse," and the ship Naglfar breaks free thanks to the waves made by Jormungandr and sets sail from the east. The fire jötnar inhabitants of Muspelheim come forth.

Sando

Most interesting! Here's more:

Wikipedia said:
In Chapter 51, High states the first sign of Ragnarök will be Fimbulvetr, during which time three winters will arrive without a summer, and the sun will be useless. High details that, prior to these winters, three earlier winters will have occurred, marked with great battles throughout the world. During this time, greed will cause brothers to kill brothers, and fathers and sons will suffer from the collapse of kinship bonds. High then quotes stanza 45 of Völuspá. Next, High describes that the wolf will first swallow the sun, and then his brother the moon, and mankind will consider the occurrence as a great disaster resulting in much ruin. The stars will disappear. The earth and mountains will shake so violently that the trees will come loose from the soil, the mountains will topple, and all restraints will break, causing Fenrir to break free from his bonds.
Ok, the reference with the huge hole in the moon (meteor, right?) might be a bit of a stretch... but then you have part about mountains crumbling and uprooted trees.

Conflux, anyone?

Denaton

I've tested a few things during dawn and twilight hours and nothing to report either, been trying to catch a thunderstorm there but it seems like I'm chasing a rainbow every time I do.

I did notice however a view directly upward from the shrine actually squares off the "Aquila" constellation.
Follow the arrow and it might have answers.

Shinzon

Honored Member
I really doubt it; there is no anchor points within the game. We need Lore Books; that we can read so we can start anchoring all of these theories and comparisons into the game.

For the arrow -> it leads into the open sea... so nada.
But i found out something 'new'
In the 'shrine' a white rabbit spawns 4times a day, randomly hopping around on the island.

And its a fearsome rabbit dealing about 12 dmg on a naked and has about 20HP.

On the northern inside wall of the 'shrine' there are some carvings, which display a rabbit at dawn casted by the sun.

Furthermore when you die and stand inside the 'shrine' (which i personally believe is an exit of a teleporter where the killerabbits of doom come from) you see directly to a 'priestbeam'.

But there is nothing but a priest, some sulfur and some waterlizards.

ALL FEAR THE KILLERRABBITS OF DOOM :eek:

TheEndOfAll

While I'm glad to see another person trying, you seem to have left out the only thing of interest about the Rabbit. It has unique loot, White Rabbit Carcass.

Now to my real point ....

After some more study I realized my previous post of Vajra is incorrect.

This is actually the Emblem of Bhutan a small landlocked country in South Asia.

Emblem of Bhutan Wiki said:
"The national emblem, contained in a circle, is composed of a double diamond-thunderbolt (dorje) placed above a lotus, surmounted by a jewel and framed by two dragons. The thunderbolt represents the harmony between secular and religious power. The lotus symbolizes purity; the jewel expresses sovereign power; and the two dragons, male and female, stand for the name of the country which they proclaim with their great voice, the thunder." It is also known for its symbolic colors of the emblem with the gold, teal, red etc...
Ironically the only thing missing for the games version is the Visvavajra or Double Vajra (Dorje is the Tibentan name for Vajra) from the center. So anyway, with this as a possibility, and me having no access to what would be the obvious jewel. I wish good luck to anyone following up.

On another note I saw an IRC mod talking about a unexplored island they're getting ready to go to.

TheEndOfAll

That was most likely one of us fooling around. We know as much as you guys do.
Believe me, I've always considered that. Because like any of this it can't be taken for 100% accurate. Thanks for clarifying though.

Believe me, I've always considered that. Because like any of this it can't be taken for 100% accurate. Thanks for clarifying though.
Yea, only take Maerlyn's words or Henrik's word in that channel. I know we have been fooling around with other people saying the mods have a floating fortress in the sky, sort of making fun of the war that is going on.

It sort of is a release of energy that has built up for us once in awhile specially since in times like these we usually have to work over time, and have to deal with complaint after complaint. So Talwin and myself allow a few of the mods to do a bit of fooling around in the channel.

Thread starter #97

Rathius

While I'm glad to see another person trying, you seem to have left out the only thing of interest about the Rabbit. It has unique loot, White Rabbit Carcass.
Which really was nothing special. It seemed to drop a higher amount of carcase than the regular rabbits, but beyond that, I don't know about it's butchered yields aside that nothing special came from it. I have only the basics and I didn't get the message saying there was something else to be gotten.

Kuroi

someone posted this "GM room", i think it's probably in the meduli tower or maybe tindrem arena... look at the bottom wall, same statue as island shrine...

Kuroi

lol some MOD probably deleted the pic/thread...