Starter Island video discussion

Thread starter #1

MolagAmur

https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/this-weeks-update-a-quick-walk-view.126464/#post-2107963

The island looks very nice, but I believe many are wondering whats the point to still go forward with this since the announcement of Mortal Online 2. Also, what is the exact purpose of the Starter Island and how long will players be able to stay on it.

Would it be crazy to ask that we all just be able to play on the starter island and live their until the release of MO2? It seems this island is a more reasonable size considering the playerbase. There could be a lot of fun had there, while still allowing new players to get a grasp of the game. Myrland is basically pointless at this rate, as well as anyone returning to the current game before MO2. So lets have some fun with this while we all patiently wait, yeah?

Dalacor

https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/this-weeks-update-a-quick-walk-view.126464/#post-2107963

The island looks very nice, but I believe many are wondering whats the point to still go forward with this since the announcement of Mortal Online 2. Also, what is the exact purpose of the Starter Island and how long will players be able to stay on it.

Would it be crazy to ask that we all just be able to play on the starter island and live their until the release of MO2? It seems this island is a more reasonable size considering the playerbase. There could be a lot of fun had there, while still allowing new players to get a grasp of the game. Myrland is basically pointless at this rate, as well as anyone returning to the current game before MO2. So lets have some fun with this while we all patiently wait, yeah?
That makes sense given the idea of a starter island would be for new players for which there are very few. Im guessing the starter island will feature in MO2 otherwise why would they have bothered right?

Considering the development time it has taken to get the starter Island I really do not see MO2 being here anytime soon.

When they first brought up MO2 it seemed like they was just getting funding to start its development. There is a very good possibility that MO2 is years away yet. So MO is still going to have to stand on its own for some time.

I imagine that is why they are continuing with the newbie island.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
This question keeps coming up but has already been answered,
Im guessing the starter island will feature in MO2 otherwise why would they have bothered right?
Star Vault Style (in bits and pieces), so here you go:
Looks great! But is it the Starter Island of MO2 or MO1?
This is the starter island that will be released for Mortal Online that you are playing today.
this is the base for MO2 noob island as well. However it will look different in MO2 as we will use the new engine and newer models
If and when the population increases,
...a starter island would be for new players for which there are very few.
Henrik postulated:
If needed there can be multiple noob islands as well so we can support flood of players
... which is hypothetically good news.

KBear

I suspect it will be released in MO initially. If I were SV I would communicate to the community what key releases are appearing soon as patches for MO and a tentative timeline for the release of M02. The comms to date suggest MO2 is a new start which was an error. If that was the plan dont announce it as happened. All it's done is left us all in limbo as to whether to bother with MO or wait for MO2.

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
SV should communicate their intentions to bring this to MO2. It's a good bit of advertising really. People can try out the island and come back to it later if they choose.

Thread starter #7

MolagAmur

Henrik needs to stop twiddling his thumbs and actually make a proper post or do a Q&A so that everyone can hear it from him and know what to expect. I realize a lot of information is given in Discord, but these are the official forums....it should be posted here.

Last edited:

Teknique

Trial Member
Something about the assets looks different. As if they're designed for MO2

grendel

We need solid information, what is the expected timeline for MO2, what is the idea for transfer, lore etc...
right now, everyone is holding their breath waiting for infos about MO2.

If info is being posted on discord, please post it here too.

Mortal has new player retention issues and always has, so if you're going to fix that, this is a good place to start.

Building the strong foundation is necessary for strength and durability. Long term viability leads to the additional features we all crave.

Thread starter #11

MolagAmur

Mortal has new player retention issues and always has, so if you're going to fix that, this is a good place to start.

Building the strong foundation is necessary for strength and durability. Long term viability leads to the additional features we all crave.
I agree. However I think keeping older players in your game is equally as important as bringing new players in.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
At this point?
I agree. However I think keeping older players in your game is equally as important as bringing new players in.
At this point, there are
  • new players (always trickling in, could become a small surge or flood);
  • old players who still play (everyone & his mother says that these are too few of them);
  • and, old players who might return.
That's all you can count on.*

You try to keep them all, of course. They're all of some importance. But equally important? Nah. There aren't that many who still play and those who have played and are waiting having shown for a fact that they will *wait*. The new players are, and are going to be, the most important.

*The vast majority of people who have ever tried this game probably won't ever try it again-- but so what? Their numbers are large, but they don't count.

Thread starter #13

MolagAmur

At this point?At this point, there are
  • old players who still play (everyone & his mother says that these are too few of them);

You try to keep them all, of course. They're all of some importance. But equally important? Nah. There aren't that many who still play and those who have played and are waiting having shown for a fact that they will *wait*. The new players are, and are going to be, the most important.

*The vast majority of people who have ever tried this game probably won't ever try it again-- but so what? Their numbers are large, but they don't count.
My point is more that keeping players in your game is whats important...not just getting them to try the game. Which is basically what we are both saying. Its just as important to keep your older players in the game to help the newer players. This is what makes a community after all...and this is an MMO that isn't so MMO.

They could get all these new players to stay for a month or so with the starter island, but if they get off of it and enter Myrland and see there isn't much endgame or even any players really...they leave. Rinse and repeat. Thats why I say it is equally as important to have older players to stay.

Smough

Hopefully all of us vets can use this island as a place to pvp with worn short swords and bone tissue armor

I’m guessing (and hoping) that MO1 is the base on which MO2 will be built and tested on before the latter gets released. That way, the transition from MO1 and MO2 will feel more seamless and not like starting a brand new game (which Henrik confirmed, if I’m not mistaken), and whatever issues that may be present can be dealt with prior to release.

This will hopefully make for a much more polished and enjoyable experience for everyone, when MO2 makes it out the door, as it will have had years of bug fixing, polish and content additions as opposed to most newly released MMORPGs which are almost always bug-ridden, unstable and frustrating to play.

Dalacor

At this point?At this point, there are

Judging by the account breach, there are between 20000 & 50000 old players that dont play, thats a lot of people to focus on to try and get a game to be successful unfortunately SV have gone out of their way to cater to the minority of players with all their development since Dawn.

Its remarkable they could take what was a buggy gem of a game and turn it into a buggy turd and do it on purpose.

Speznat

looks finally like a game than have a chance to compete with others.

keep going henrik and sebatian and please make mo2 the best thing in your life like you never done before make it the fucking best of the world.

That looked much better then I could have expected. Better make sure no one can glitch their way on the island because with some of the guilds we have today they will find a way in if it's possible and wreak havoc.