Stop Changing Naming Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
It's annoying that we are forced to choose a last name at all.

Even more annoying that we now need to have a 3-char minimum last name.

I'm not saying last names are important, it's just annoying that every time I make a new character I have to choose a different last name because the rules have changed. Please stop fucking with it, or consider removing the forced last name (all first names are unique anyway).

GM Galenus

Senior Game Master
Staff member
No rules have been changed at all recently. Your last name doesn't need to be unique, only your first.

Finnley

You can just use Surname as your Surname.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
No rules have been changed at all recently. Your last name doesn't need to be unique, only your first.
There's a bug in char creation. Didn't try to reproduce it since didn't want to delete the char but I was getting message "this surname is already taken, create new one" or something of this kind. Even when trying max amount of random letters. Apperantly my name was already taken, but it kept giving me pop up dialog of invalid surname.

NineOneSix

Its also worth making your racial mix the last name, if its something non-standard that you might not remember after a year.

Thread starter #6
I know the last name doesn't need to be unique.

Just saying:

-I have a character with no last name. (that's now not possible)
-I have characters with single-character last names (that's now not possible)

These were 2 different changes, but I guess maybe neither were recent (the 3-character minimum change must have been within 6 months).

Not a big problem. Just meant to name them all the same so people could somewhat confirm who I was, but all my characters have different last names now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.