Subscription Questions

Thread starter #1
I quite like the $149 deal of lifetime MO1 and a month of MO2. It is cheaper, as far as I can see, than buying a year's membership. But I'm not actually competent as a maths guy.

I'm returning after a very long time and can feel the fear of getting ganked giving an edge to my gaming experience, even though I'm still yellow flagged.

Is it better, as in less hassle, to buy that deal through Steam or through Starvault direct? I'm also having trouble linking up my forum account. Is that a common experience?

dont hit dummies while they get heal
that will make ya locl grey in heaven and freee blood and bewere of traps of the same also the fourm bug is common
if u need any help geting restarted or got any questions u can add me on discord DanteDelCaro3591! with pleasure

Depending on your currency and exchange rate, it may work out to be cheaper either way.

Steam charges a fixed price in your regional currency regardless of exchange rate fluctuations, while SV charges a fixed price which is then converted to your regional currency based on the exchange rate.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Depending on your currency and exchange rate, it may work out to be cheaper either way.

Steam charges a fixed price in your regional currency regardless of exchange rate fluctuations, while SV charges a fixed price which is then converted to your regional currency based on the exchange rate.
But can you pay Star Vault in any kind of virtual currency, yet?

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
A life time sub for mo1 = 1- 8 months if the game lasted in best circumstances " personally I bet on 6 before its over"
Did you read any official note about a release in this year? I would not bet on this year, maybe one year from if we are lucky.

Thread starter #8
That would be my bet, just on the experience of game development, although I imagine Starvault are pretty good at it these days. Oh thanks for the Haven tip leetboy.

KBear

The other benefit of the $149 is that it includes the MO2 client software cost. Last time I checked the plan for MO2 was for players to buy a client and pay a monthly sub. I havent been across all the discussion so others my jump in an correct me. If you plan to play MO1 consistently from now on and MO2 then the $149 would be a good deal.

Thread starter #10
I have been trying to work out how to get this deal. Do I just pay the $149 via the donate button and then they set it up? (already bought a month sub plus extra toon). I gave up last time because I basically was just playing mortal and working. This time will be different...

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
I have been trying to work out how to get this deal. Do I just pay the $149 via the donate button and then they set it up? (already bought a month sub plus extra toon). I gave up last time because I basically was just playing mortal and working. This time will be different...
Yes, just login on the account you want to associate your donation with and donate.

Tehmudjin

The MO2 client is planned to cost 60 usd and MO2 release is planned for Q4 this year so you can see it as 89 usd for The final year of mo1 and MO2 alpha. Not a bad deal.

If you're currently playing MO1 and plan to for some time then it's an ok deal. But if you're done with MO1 150$ for alpha access and a month of game time is really expensive. Arche Age alpha was that price and it was already a well developed and tested game. SV has never been able to overcome many issues like AI and proper balance of combat or costumer data security to only name a few.

I will wait to see what the game is like at launch before I buy it.

The MO2 client is planned to cost 60 usd and MO2 release is planned for Q4 this year so you can see it as 89 usd for The final year of mo1 and MO2 alpha. Not a bad deal.
Could someone please point to an official confirmation for the Q4 2020 release?

phyzm

I would sure hope early access is not anytime this year because you know once that happens, they will never clean the servers regardless of any major bugs. There will surely be a period where people figure out how to dupe and exploit encounters, and these need to be discovered during the testing phases. They also need to vocalize they are taking these matters much more seriously this time around. 1 character and game purchase will help much more if they do. Im personally hoping for a new testing period every 3-4 months until early access of 2021. I also have not seen any mention of them planning for Q4 of 2020.

phyzm

The other benefit of the $149 is that it includes the MO2 client software cost. Last time I checked the plan for MO2 was for players to buy a client and pay a monthly sub. I havent been across all the discussion so others my jump in an correct me. If you plan to play MO1 consistently from now on and MO2 then the $149 would be a good deal.
Are you saying if you get the $149 testing access it also covers your cost of the game itself? That is something i didnt know and if its true will get myself.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Are you saying if you get the $149 testing access it also covers your cost of the game itself? That is something i didnt know and if its true will get myself.
Yep, you get the MO2 client as well

McBadie

Lets hope they don't rush an improperly tested product to market in an attempt to earn some revenue. I'd much rather wait another 6 months than have MO2 make the same mistakes as MO1.